• Damn you Sleepy Mark!

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Hail GIGAMARK!

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • What? When was that on?

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I am wrapped with our trades! Ginnivan & D’Ambrosio keep our youth policy inline and bring skills, especially goal kicking.

Chol helps our structure and hopefully he and Jaith feed of each other’s energy. If Chol wants it he could be a 50 goal a year forward.

Gunston will lead and educate our forward line! Our forward line will be more competitive in 2024.

Gunston returning also has a family feel to it, an if we draft McCabe and Dear we’re really bringing family back to the HFC.

Young Calsher Dear will be one that is sentimental with the passing of his dad and premiership player Paul Dear in 2022. Cal has skills as a forward but will be a development player for a few years.

A few more additions to the club via draft and free agent and I am really excited for 2024.

Another KPD and a pressure forward that can both play in 2024 would be good.

It will be a year of growth, but potentially a year where we could finish between 8-12.

Bring on the draft and season 2024.

Rapt with the trade period, especially picking up Ginnivan and Chol. It gives us a good mix of kids who are great above the shoulders but need a few years to hone the skills and the likes of Ginnivan and Chol who have the abilities but just need some work in the grey matter. Ginnivan is just a kid and Chol was at Gold Coast - 'nuff said.

Picks aside, a successful trade week is not about who got the best players but which team and gameplan will benefit the most from the players they got. Lazy journos tend to forget that.

Our Forward line come finals could feature..

Gunston Lewis Wingard
Breust Chol Ginnivan

That combination has some serious star power and swagger that no opposition team would want to face. This foward line has kicked over 1,500+ goals combined with 30+ finals experience and 7 flags!

So in summary yes I'm satisfied with this trade period

Agreed. Great work from Mark and his team.
Gave up bugger all (sorry Kosi) and have injected some much needed talent into the forward line, as you point out.

Nothing worse than going into a season wondering where the goals are going to come from. You can add Moore to that group of 6, and possibly one of Watson / Duursma. Plenty of natural forward craft.

There's no guarantee of goals, of course, but the potential is obvious. And there's a real chance we are going to be fun to watch, and that will generate some buzz - which should be good for future recruitment.

Back