MRP / Trib. James Sicily - 3 weeks for dangerous tackle - SUSPENSION STANDS!

Remove this Banner Ad

It doesn’t seem that hard…

The action is dangerous/illegal? Suspend them straight up. Did it cause serious head injury? Add some more weeks

Is action is legal/not dangerous? No suspension, regardless of injury.

The thing is, they still have the option/ability to “Sicily it” and decide that a probably legal tackle is still worth weeks in the rare case it causes a bad injury. The system is reliant on interpretation and the AFL can bend the rules that way if it wants (as it has shown)

But that’s harder to stomach if they let a player off for doing something clearly dangerous just because they were lucky enough to not knock the other bloke out…

This would be a decent side to put on the park.

354581950_1375651986316216_2572840192096279525_n.png

Marlion Pickett done for burglary, misses 1 game. Sicily lays a legal tackle, out for 3. Something just doesn't seem right here.

He got off. It's an absolute farce.
Its actually so ******* ridiculous. There is zero consistency and I'm still baffled how Day got 2 weeks early in the year for tackling Close when he got up straight away and took his kick. We've been on the bullshit end of high week suspensions for two tackles this year, its legitimately ****ed.

I think Hawthorn owe it to the members, and to James Sicily to demand an explanation as to why one gets 3 matches and the other not even looked at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I hate the afl atm that didn’t look like a suspension.. Francis looked like he went limp
It's not as though they haven't penalised players in exactly the same situation though. Whether it's suspendable or not, consistency please.

It's not as though they haven't penalised players in exactly the same situation though. Whether it's suspendable or not, consistency please.

Yeah I agree, the entire systems an absolute farce and I’d love nothing more than for close to get done for the exact same thing will day did to him.

I just hate that we’re talking about that sort of a tackle as suspension worthy imo. Slow mo they all look so bad but full speed I was how is this even being spoken about

1st time watching the incident, really hate for this to be a suspension BUT from what we have witnessed this season it’s worthy of a week.

Fair to say the AFL rules committee are cooked and you can add the ICC to that as well, Stark would still be in shock

The answer to all of this is simple = if a player is concussed by a tackle then the player that was involved in the tackle that caused the concussion has to sit out a week, irrespective of the validity of the tackle. This will stop the intent to bury a player in a tackle.

No commentator / past player / umpire on the field thought Sic should have been rubbed out for 3 weeks. He did everything right until he held on too long.

1 week was the right sanction.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back