Rd 3. North Melbourne vs Port Adelaide. Docklands @ 4.10pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

In a bear hug with his arms pinned and gets called for holding the ball for not making an attempt lol. Also had no prior opportunity. These umpires are a joke.
Because he didn't make any attempt. I've seen unconscious people move more. Christ, just when you think there is a game day thread that isn't going to be stunk up by bitter and twisted Hawthorn supporters and you North lot decide to s**t all over your own one.

Booooooo... all north supporters agreeing the umpiring are one sided at last.

Why they would bump the 2013 matchday thread I have no idea?

Because he didn't make any attempt. I've seen unconscious people move more. Christ, just when you think there is a game day thread that isn't going to be stunk up by bitter and twisted Hawthorn supporters and you North lot decide to s**t all over your own one.

So as long as he's wriggling around even though it's impossible for him to get rid of it, that then makes it not holding the ball? I guess you are new to the game, that shouldn't have been paid.

I'd really like it if Wingard stepped up, well his DT game anyway, well at least beat Westhoff...for betting purposes.

Non mark. Two rewarded dives. Two blatant throws. Twice too close to the man on the mark near goals. Umpteen HTB's.

Umpteen meaning 1 or 2? Good specificity. And oh no we were 4.5 meters close not 5...so really you did well, scraping 5 (even though 1 dive was still head high).

Compare to Polec push in the back, Black being manhandled twice no reward, 'umpteen' dropping the balls, Wingard got a soft one, Adams no free resulting in Schulz goal, oh and Schulzs other goal was tiggy touchwood. That's without going into non-specifics like throws/dropping the ball/standing too close to tge mark

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umpteen meaning 1 or 2? Good specificity. And oh no we were 4.5 meters close not 5...so really you did well, scraping 5 (even though 1 dive was still head high).

Compare to Polec push in the back, Black being manhandled twice no reward, 'umpteen' dropping the balls, Wingard got a soft one, Adams no free resulting in Schulz goal, oh and Schulzs other goal was tiggy touchwood. That's without going into non-specifics like throws/dropping the ball/standing too close to tge mark
Don't agree with any of your examples.

The amount of times Wines is just standing on his own in the 50. Gets so many shots from turnovers. Quality though, usually finishes.

The way port being the ball forward I'd just leave Wingard one out. Absolute gun. Rarely loses out.

Who knows, we'll have to find out when he plays against Melbourne and co. Certainly can't do it against the top teams.
For the sake of the friendly Port fans, I'll leave this here and continue it in a relevant thread.

Cunnington is having a big impact on this match. Wells and NDS helping him keep us in this game, they've been terrific. Thomas has been superb as well.

Loving this commentary team. Even Healy seems to be okay when he is surrounded by good callers. In the ideal world I would replace him with Huddo and this would just about be the best commentary team possible (from what is on offer). I know that would technically mean three PBP and one special comments but Huddo is actually pretty insightful on the rare occasion he gives comments.

Umpires have been generally okay but a few howlers had made them look worse than they've otherwise been.

Port will be run over this second half, momentum has swung dramatically. I see the Roos wining this.

Momentum has swung dramatically but you must have missed us playing Adelaide last week. Our fourth quarters are immense. Not giving us the win, but we're doing the exact same thing that we've been doing for a while now.

One of those players you love to hate, Monfries (or maybe that's just me), but he gets the job done. Have to grudgingly admire him for it.

I like watching him play... and so does he judging from the way he can't take his eyes off the replay screen as he lines up for goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back