Ciaran Byrne (International Rookie) signs with the Blues - post #24

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe he finds that Aussie banter amongst team-mates as wierd. Maybe compared to what he has been used to as a junior back home

ByrneNAUArticle_620X370.jpg

Good size at 187 cms and 83 kgs.

Was he wearing no.29?
Perfect replacement for Scotland:D
Seriously though slotted 4
Blind turn in the middle
Quick hands
Big unit
:thumbsu::hearts:

Jeez be nice to have someone who can take a grab and slot them from 30/40 out!.

Looks awesome. If this footy club is doing one thing right it's our Irish scouting. Touhy and Setanta have been great servants and this kid looks a gem already.

Question: Is his first name pronounced Kieren? Or Key-ar-an? Or Kyaran? Or anything else :D

Looks awesome. If this footy club is doing one thing right it's our Irish scouting. Touhy and Setanta have been great servants and this kid looks a gem already.

Question: Is his first name pronounced Kieren? Or Key-ar-an? Or Kyaran? Or anything else :D

Kier-ahn.

Video reminded me of Gunston, very agile and impressive on the lead and in the air.

The Irish boys are also extremely good users of the ball, shows the difference between learning technique off an AFL coach and an Auskick parent.

A very nice start for the lad with some nice contested grabs. It probably isn't going to be easier for him, but he should remember his first fair dinkum game of Aussie Rules.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He does look pretty good. He needs to be encouraged to take his marks in his hands though. He won't get away with always looking to take them on his chest if he reashes AFL level.

But our fine development coaches will be onto that ... right? o_O

Video reminded me of Gunston, very agile and impressive on the lead and in the air.

The Irish boys are also extremely good users of the ball, shows the difference between learning technique off an AFL coach and an Auskick parent.
Oh come on...o_O
If a kid wants learn how to kick our ball he/she will!.
Aus kick do an amazing job
Don't be childish kman

Oh come on...o_O
If a kid wants learn how to kick our ball he/she will!.
Aus kick do an amazing job
Don't be childish kman

Have a look at Touhy's kicking style and compare it to 80% of players on our list. When a bad habit is picked up at 8 years old it sticks, we've been able to mould Touhy whereas Casboult for example has been near impossible to fix.

Have a look at Touhy's kicking style and compare it to 80% of players on our list. When a bad habit is picked up at 8 years old it sticks, we've been able to mould Touhy whereas Casboult for example has been near impossible to fix.
Agreed
But blaming parents and others including Afl players giving up their/our time (for nothing except enjoyment or obligation)to make this game fun is a long bow to draw in kicking technique!
Some can some will learn some never!
I had a dad and an older brother that drilled skills into me from the time I could crawl,not everyone was as lucky.
Some skills can be taught,but our ball is a strange old beast and for that I love it:thumbsu:
I wish we could slot it though!.
We wouldn't be bitching like this if we could:(

Not sure we can take all the credit for Tuohy's good kicking skills, most of the Irish recruits can kick well. Reckon being able to kick and handle the round ball in gaelic football might have something to do with it.

Last edited:
Casboult was dead-eye in TAC cup.
Can't fathom what happened, although he's been looking much better this season on what i've seen

Casboult was dead-eye in TAC cup.
Can't fathom what happened, although he's been looking much better this season on what i've seen

Even 4-5 years of bad habits can make a long term impact. He's still developing as a player so I'm sure it can be solved, but he is 24 now :eek:!. Seems more of a mental problem but he could fix his high ball drop just a tad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back