Ciaran Byrne (International Rookie) signs with the Blues - post #24

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know much about this guy in terms of how he has tested? Is he quick off the mark? Top speed runner? Long distance runner? I really hope we are injecting some pace here.

Would like to see him used as a wingman and allowed to hunt the footy a bit, would hate to see him developed as a pure defensive player and have that creativity and risk taking sniffed out of his game. Think we have a very talented player on our hands here.

I agree we did this to Tuohy and ruined any creative flair he had, we shouldn't do this with Byrne. ;)

I agree we did this to Tuohy and ruined any creative flair he had, we shouldn't do this with Byrne. ;)

No harm with giving any player a bit of defensive education, but overdoing it, I've seen players ruined by it to an extent. Touhy we've had playing on the number one forwards, probably a little out of necessity. It would have been good to see him play wing and half forward more in the AFL and on the ball too. I guess they have athletic data that may suggest this isn't a good idea. This is the difference between being developed in a good side and being developed in a weak side like us where guys come in and we aren't good enough to afford to have them play in an educational role.

Would like to see him used as a wingman and allowed to hunt the footy a bit, would hate to see him developed as a pure defensive player and have that creativity and risk taking sniffed out of his game. Think we have a very talented player on our hands here.
:thumbsu:

He looked great on Saturday on the run. Granted he had the fresh legs... nevertheless you can just see his attributes converting into a creative and speedy wingman.

Also has a great build and size.

How good would it be to have Tuohy, Gus and Casey all cementing a spot in the team? Imagine the cohesion...

Reckon this bloke will be a jet. Good size and pace. The international rookies are one thing the bigger clubs can spend extra $ on still get an advantage from over the smaller clubs. Is good for the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back