Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Break it down. Do you see him as a player that has consistently produced his best, or do you think he has a higher ceiling than that? Do you think, if he leaves for the touted 700k, that this would be reflective of his output for Carlton to date?

Betts, similar situation. I do think Betts has got the best out of himself and I think he carried our forward line for a long time and did his best consistently. He left for more than he was worth but after 9 fairly consistent years and with a little bub to think of, he didn't leave me feeling like he probably owed us more in terms of output. He reached a level as one of the best small forwards in the game.

Of course you can feel differently about it. My wording was referring to those that have already expressed concerns about his possible leaving.

I think I've expressed it fairly constructively.
I see what you're saying and you are setting your own standard to judge Gibbs. Fair enough. I don't agree.
Going back to my original point, I think there's plenty of negativity that when you look into it is based on a lot of supposition and guesswork. Me, I'd rather wait until we had actual evidence before deciding whether to lay the boots in or not.

I see what you're saying and you are setting your own standard to judge Gibbs. Fair enough. I don't agree.
Going back to my original point, I think there's plenty of negativity that when you look into it is based on a lot of supposition and guesswork. Me, I'd rather wait until we had actual evidence before deciding whether to lay the boots in or not.

You'd cut discussion in half if people can only speculate on what has happened, rather than what might happen. If an opinion is prefaced by 'if this happens, then ...', I don't see an issue. We do know Gibbs is uncontracted after this year, we do know that clubs are looking at him as a free agent, we do know his manager said he wants to see what Carlton's plan for the future is. I think there is some scope for 'what ifs', especially if it helps people make an adjustment to the possibility.

I gather evidence for a living so I don't mind those that deal only in evidence, but it's a forum where we have to let these things flow ... within reason. It's not about player bashing and it's not something the rest of the AFL community aren't wondering about.

You'd cut discussion in half if people can only speculate on what has happened, rather than what might happen. If an opinion is prefaced by 'if this happens, then ...', I don't see an issue. We do know Gibbs is uncontracted after this year, we do know that clubs are looking at him as a free agent, we do know his manager said he wants to see what Carlton's plan for the future is. I think there is some scope for 'what ifs', especially if it helps people make an adjustment to the possibility.

I gather evidence for a living so I don't mind those that deal only in evidence, but it's a forum where we have to let these things flow ... within reason. It's not about player bashing and it's not something the rest of the AFL community aren't wondering about.
My beef is not with the speculation per se, its with folk treating said speculation as gospel truth - whichever side of the argument they comes down on.

Anyway, it seems we are essentially arguing the same point.

Ever meet Hutchie going through the bins?

Ever meet Hutchie going through the bins?

I'm a little classier than that. I wait until it is delivered and spread out on the concrete pad before picking my way through it. That way I can avoid the rancid nappies.

I hated, and I mean hated Greg Williams after he broke D.R.J jaw. But when he came to the Blues, loved him like a kebab at 3am on Saturday morning
I hated Rhys before he came to Carlton. I had 6 or so of the same footy card of him and i couldn't give em away.
He gave me the shits so much i turfed em!!
ahhh childhood problems :D

Fraser Murphy, the "pocket battleship".

ctacp
curlier than a catoggio pube
Garry Wilson... laid out Jim Jess with a perfectly timed shirtfront :)

He would definitely have copped weeks now because he left the ground and took Jim in the head with his shoulder...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah their strips are fantastic. Nothing to do with getting into and winning finals. :drunk:

Got a mate who started following Geelong in 2009 "because they had the same colours as my A-League team" (Melbourne Victory).

Insufferable to listen to about anything related to football.

Keep in mind though the revenue Carlton generated from its membership base last year was greater than Richmonds, even though their numbers were superior to ours.

Did we miss a trick in increasing the raw numbers? The revenue is great but the numbers are poor given our level of support.

Perhaps we just have a lot of members like me who are delusional and upgraded an interstate membership to Captains Club in 2009 because they thought, like I did, that we would make the Grand Final!!!!!;)

Robbo on 360 flat out said it wont happen. Fitzpatrick "has a plan" with the AFL (whatever that is)

Well he's standing down as the Commission Chairman, so I really don't know what else he could be doing.
Still, would love him back at Carlton.

Yep, another ex-Carlton suit from the finance sector is certainly what Carlton needs.
Why is that a negative?

Look at David Koch who is still a major cockspank.

Need to hear what Fitzpatrick believes in before he's annointed as the messiah.

Yep, another ex-Carlton suit from the finance sector is certainly what Carlton needs.

He'd just about be the perfect candidate IMO.
Former player, knows the inner workings of the AFL back to front and has a very astute business mind.
What's not to get excited about that?

I can't even read these posts right now...

Resign - to step down, to quit, to no longer work for or be associated with the same organisation.

Re-sign - sign again.

Hate to be that guy :oops: but let's get it right please...
I'm sorry. While we're at it: should have instead of should of.

Why is that a negative?

Look at David Koch who is still a major cockspank.

Need to hear what Fitzpatrick believes in before he's annointed as the messiah.

I agree with your point, but I also thinks Thy's is bang on. Too much of the same for too long down Carlton way has landed us in this pickle.

As much as id love Fitzy, don't see it happening.
Would be the absolute perfect replacement though.
Not aligned to either the Pratts or Mathiesons
Knows the AFL inside out.
Still bleeds Navy Blue
Business savvy and well respected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back