Preview Rd 5: Brisbane v Richmond, @ GABBA, 7.50 PM - Thursday 17/4/2014 - Vickery not on flight

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are idiots, that's the nicest I can make that statement without deserving a card myself

Great to see Gordon, Lloyd and Arnot getting another game, well deserved, good selection Dimma :thumbsu:

Can I add to that DrMike , also we were apparently even less experience onfield than the Doggies during that game and we didn't have Lloyd or Biscuit. To play more youth taking away more experince as well as exposing some young players to the next level up, who are not tearing it up consistently & phically not quite there yet ie Lennon. Would in my opinion be pretty close to negligent list management. I'm sure there are others who could add more...

I prefer the glass half full approach. I'm hoping that an improved performance will help get our season back on track. Hope im not wrong! We need to get our run back.

Tried that for years... then this year we lose to Gold Coast I have a tantrum but then I be positive and try put it in the past. We knock off Carlton, despite our performance, good job... We play the Bulldogs a team we murdered twice last year, we lose and the coaches tactics are to blame... The next week we play Collingwood and look like their bitches for the whole game... We probably haven't even played a top 8 side yet, and we haven't played one of the current top teams... Glass isn't just half empty it's full empty!

Are you guys?

Biggest over reaction to a team selection I've ever seen
Your posts are not making sense it has nothing to do with over or under reaction . Some of the arguments why others couldn't be played is ridiculous . If the club wanted to play others over Pettard or drop players there were ways and means .
When the VFL side played has no relevance , FFS , we are talking about a multimillion dollar franchise .

I say crap , many showed better form than Pettard during the preseason .

Not sure you can truly compare preseason to season proper. Didn't Brisneyland win it last season ? Such is the ramp up in intensity etc

So are you guys saying that someone with a one week injury shouldn't be picked when fit?
Ricky wouldn't have been dropped, and nor should he have been, comes in as a versatile player who could actually do well in Vickery's spot.

Petterd isn't versatile, he can't even play one position which is why he should never have been picked up by this club or selected by our coach.

Your posts are not making sense it has nothing to do with over or under reaction . Some of the arguments why others couldn't be played is ridiculous . If the club wanted to play others over Pettard or drop players there were ways and means .
When the VFL side played has no relevance , FFS , we are talking about a multimillion dollar franchise .
So clearly they didn't. Get over it.

People act like dropping Grigg, Newman and Edwards for McDonough, Lennon or any other relatively untried player is an easy decision. These blokes are senior players and are being given a chance to find form before being dropped (as most if not all senior players are).

Don’t really need to talk about Newy and what he brings to the side leadership wise as a former captain.

Grigg came 5th in the B&F in 2012 and 9th in 2013. He may be prone to throwing the ball on the boot and bombing long inside 50 to the pocket, but his outside game and ability to run and find space is important to the side. Don't see McDonough or Lennon being able to play this role - Lids can take this spot once he's fit if he's still struggling.

Edwards is a senior member of the side, but is down on form. Does some nice things (like the handball that released Lloyd for his first goal) and some terrible things (like the handball that turned the ball over to the dogs that ultimately cost us the game) - could argue replacing him with foley or McDonough, but you loose some flair and creativity doing so. Would like to see him in the green vest.

Tried that for years... then this year we lose to Gold Coast I have a tantrum but then I be positive and try put it in the past. We knock off Carlton, despite our performance, good job... We play the Bulldogs a team we murdered twice last year, we lose and the coaches tactics are to blame... The next week we play Collingwood and look like their bitches for the whole game... We probably haven't even played a top 8 side yet, and we haven't played one of the current top teams... Glass isn't just half empty it's full empty!
Keep the faith docko! :thumbsu:

So clearly they didn't. Get over it.

Can't Dr Mike been putting up with the same bullshit for years, remember when Wallace wouldn't play the kids right up until his death... Remember when Frawley set this club back 10 years by going after senior recruits... Well now remember when Hardwick brought in a bunch of recycled players and prevented the development of our youth... The cycle continues!

Likely that we will win tomorrow night...and it will seem our season is back on track...but then we face Hawks and Cats... How we perform against these 2 quality sides will tell us where we are...hopefully no false dawns!

Likely we will be 2-7 at the break...if that's the case, I say we go with giving game time to our young players...our future

While you don't it would appear that the club does. No point having a stand alone reserves side if most of them are injured because for 2 weeks in a row they have been asked to play 2 quarters of footy each week with only 1-2 players on the bench. But hey you know better than the fitness and conditioning staff at the club.
It happens often , due to injuries, in competitions at least the equal to the VFL . You do realise the slight additional work having one less player has on a squad ? It equates to about 1 minute and 28 seconds on average per quarter .
Save your smutty comments .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Petterd isn't versatile, he can't even play one position which is why he should never have been picked up by this club or selected by our coach.
Well apart from the fact that you are wrong, players like Petterd who are picked up as rookies, force their way onto the list & get selected as probably the 21/22 player in the side.
It's the loss od Lids, Rance, Maric, Knights etc & the lack of good form, apart from spurts, of Reiwoldt, Martin, Ellis, Vlaustin, Grigg, Vickery, Conca, Chaplin, Grimes, King, S Edwards that is holding us back.
Petterd, Lloyd, Gordon are holding up their part of the bargain!

No you are missing the point. Any guys with a minute possibility of being selected for a game of AFL on Thursday night SHOULD NOT HAVE PLAYED VFL ON SUNDAY!

Serious question. Do we have the player numbers to support that ?

Worked for Petterd
If the 2-3 that everyone wants in this week didn't play last week, no one would be screaming for them to come in this week because none of them would have put up performances that warranted being maintaining their spots in the 25 or in Lennons case being added to the 25.

It was definitely Grigg.
Its McGaune type moment, really really stupid.

Your captain is being done by a tagger finally gets rewarded with free kick inside 50 and you play on and kick it out on the full.
******* stupid.

Could have been just what Cotch needed to get himself back in the game

Threw my can at the telly when that happened

Can't Dr Mike been putting up with the same bullshit for years, remember when Wallace wouldn't play the kids right up until his death... Remember when Frawley set this club back 10 years by going after senior recruits... Well now remember when Hardwick brought in a bunch of recycled players and prevented the development of our youth... The cycle continues!
We're playing Arnot, Gordon, Lloyd, Ellis and Vlastuin

They're kids

Well apart from the fact that you are wrong, players like Petterd who are picked up as rookies, force their way onto the list & get selected as probably the 21/22 player in the side.
It's the loss od Lids, Rance, Maric, Knights etc & the lack of good form, apart from spurts, of Reiwoldt, Martin, Ellis, Vlaustin, Grigg, Vickery, Conca, Chaplin, Grimes, King, S Edwards that is holding us back.
Petterd, Lloyd, Gordon are holding up their part of the bargain!

What position does he play then?

Losing Rance, Lids and Maric (Knights was in the team for 2 minutes and doesn't count) shouldn't be causing us to be one of the bottom 6 teams in the competition. Rance and Lids played round 1 and we still lost to a team who are still a long way off. Petterd did some good things in the game against Carlton and for the first time I praised his efforts but in terms of what he actually does for the overall team the answer is not much. He is slow, has s**t skills and doesn't hold a forward or back position down. He is a utility simply because his position hasn't been invented or is better referred to as the bench!

So are you guys saying that someone with a one week injury shouldn't be picked when fit?
Ricky wouldn't have been dropped, and nor should he have been, comes in as a versatile player who could actually do well in Vickery's spot.
No he shouldn't be picked. He should be eligible for selection only. Clearly the club thinks more of this bloke than I do.

Versatile, every player has to be nowadays. No team can carry players who can't be versatile and play in multiple positions. Petterd doesn't have the speed or skill (IMO) to play in the midfield so he just plays lose in the back line. McDonough or Foley should feel pretty hard done by with this bloke having games gifted to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back