Best Ever British XI

Remove this Banner Ad

The only case you can have for Gerrard even making the bench is that he'd be the fix it guy that you can throw at right back or any part of midfield or even right midfield or behind the strikers
I think he is every bit as good as players who have come before him. It's just all the other players have retired years ago and we all know that legends grow once they have retired.

Of course you think that, coz you're jod

If I want a hard nose midfield general I'd have Souness and Keane ahead of Gerrard, if I want someone who can dictate the game and pull the strings while scoring 1 in 3, I'd have Scholes, if I want someone to play between the lines, I'd have Best and Dalglish

Gerrard would become the utility player in this team

Of course you think that, coz you're jod

If I want a hard nose midfield general I'd have Souness and Keane ahead of Gerrard, if I want someone who can dictate the game and pull the strings while scoring 1 in 3, I'd have Scholes, if I want someone to play between the lines, I'd have Best and Dalglish

Gerrard would become the utility player in this team
Cool opinion. Id have Gerrard before Scholes anyday of the week. Simply a better and more complete midfielder than Scholes. Souness was boss though.

Gerrard's name just like that of Scholes, Lampard etc and other modern day players arent out of the conversation as some seem to think. I was merely saying that once players retire and you look back to the 70's and 80's their legends grow when in reality im sure Stevie and Lamps etc are just as good as those players back then.

I didnt make a team? You gives a flying **** if people get knighted. Sir Matt Busby got knighted. Let me know if he won more than just regular old Bob Paisley.

You made a case for those players to be included, so would you have them in your team or not? Or are you a hypocrite slating me for not having them?

Matthews was knighted while still playing. It was a jibe at your vast overrating of Barnes.

Matthews is considered the best, if not, second only behind Tom Finney English right Winger of all time.

FTIW my team

------------------Banks

G. Nevillle-- B.Moore ---J. Charlton--- S. Pearce

-------B. Charlton---B.Robson

S. Matthews--------K.Keegan-----------G. Best

-------------Jimmy Greaves

Bench - Shilton, Finney, Lineker, Bastin, Dalglish, Wright, Armfield

Edit - sorry Gazza. Forgot Best.

You made a case for those players to be included, so would you have them in your team or not? Or are you a hypocrite slating me for not having them?

Matthews was knighted while still playing. It was a jibe at your vast overrating of Barnes.

Matthews is considered the best, if not, second only behind Tom Finney English right Winger of all time.

FTIW my team

------------------Banks

You also forgot about Law.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FTIW my team

------------------Banks

It's just strange how you manage to squeeze Dalglish on the bench and have Keegan in the side. But outside of that no other Liverpool players. How were we so successful? It wasnt with foreigners like in todays game.

Is that Wright as in Ian Wright on the bench? In front of Rush or Dean? Gary ******* Neville? Lol, talk about picking the off man out.

It's just strange how you manage to squeeze Dalglish on the bench and have Keegan in the side. But outside of that no other Liverpool players. How were we so successful? It wasnt with foreigners like in todays game.

Is that Wright as in Ian Wright on the bench? In front of Rush or Dean? Gary ******* Neville? Lol, talk about picking the off man out.
Have you selected anyone from the great Herbert Chapman sides?

Jod I think if you posted from inside someone else's skin and read your own posts you would realise how biased you really are.
Meh you can be bias or you can be real about it. John Barnes was legit one of the best footballers you will ever see. Whether he played for Liverpool or not.

Then you have guys putting Lineker and Wright on the bench in front of a bloke like Rush. Rush almost scored more goals than the two of them put together!

Im not saying the entire team should be made up of Liverpool players but I think Dalglish, Rush, Barnes, Hansen, Keegan and Souness all have strong claims.

That is nothing out of the ordinary for a team as dominant as Liverpool over the years to have several candidates just Man United would have several candidates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back