Review Round 7, Richmond v Box Hill Hawks, 10.40am, 17 May 2014 @ ME Bank Centre (Punt Road Oval)

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably a sensible move, but after one controlled hit out at VFL level, can he go straight into the seniors next week? Interesting times...

Doubtful. I'm sure Clarko would like him to get through a full game next week. We have Hallahan playing well so give Sewell another week or two at BH to make he can contribute in the second half of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woody keeps putting his hand up. It's great for us.

Sewell and TOB apparently sat out the last bit of the game. I wonder if they're into the squad for next week.

Woody keeps putting his hand up. It's great for us.

Sewell and TOB apparently sat out the last bit of the game. I wonder if they're into the squad for next week.

I think Sewell is being eased back into it slowly, hence the limited game time. I think they would want him to play a full game at Box Hill before he would be considered for selection. Litherland must be a big chance to come back in though with Gibson now being out.

Last edited:
I think Sewell is being eased back into it slowly, hence the limited game time. I would they would want him to play a full game at Box Hill before he would be considered for selection. Litherland must be a big chance to come back in though with Gibson now being out.
I guess it depends on how they think he's tracking physically. If they held him back an extra week before letting him play, then gave him 3 quarters, it's possible that they might convince themselves that he will be fine against Port should he pull up fine. Maybe the sub role?

I would probably bet on him playing at least 1 more game at Box Hill though, possibly 2.

Solid hit-out for Sewell. Really hard at it in close, still has the evasive and ball-protecting skills and was often the last to emerge from packs.

Woodward also goes in where angels fear to tread, genuine tough nut ball winner. Has the ability to mark above his height too. Coming along.

Really strong across halfback today with great drive from Kelly and Wanganeen. A tad ironic now with Box Hill's defence looking so formidable.

Another Benny Hill moment for the Lowden reel today when he found himself ball in hand, isolated 50m out from our goal with no opponent within 25m. The chase began as he turned and ran towards goal, but rather than have a crack from 35m, he tried to bounce! Jesus H Christ it was the worst attempted bounce you'll ever see. Needless to say he bungled the ball, then got mown down then proceeded to give away a free.

Goals to halftime are: 1 each to: Woodward, Iles, Ross, Co
Goal kickers
Xavier Murphy 2
Tim O'Brien 2
Cust
Iles
Ross
Webster
Woodward
Grimley
Ceglar
Litherland

Edwards 2 for Richmond
Conca 3 for Richmond
McBean

Sam Collins also scored a goal for Box Hill to make it 13!

Best according to VFL website: Ceglar, Ross, Kennedy, Andrews, Mirra & O'Brien.....No mention of Sewell, Woodward or Wanganeen!

anyone see Kurt's desperate lunge shepherd in the last in (bridge road end) pocket.. game was done and dusted but made a real lunge to shepherd and left the Richmond bloke on his haunches.. not a big play in any way but great to see him still giving so late in the game when most wouldn't have bothered. Woody was great, liked Collins game too..
only negative and don't like to be negative but wish the old grey ghost on the grassy knoll in front of the scoreboard wasn't so negative...not a positive word all game, nofink..
great to have games close to the cbd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back