Bruce Springsteen

Remove this Banner Ad

In general though.

I like it but wouldn't make my best 100 if I ever got around to a list - especially given about 15 from the River would be on there.

Feb 2016 is what I am hearing.

Do you know if he has locked in a tour - ie just playing around with dates?? Pity its not 2015 but that would be a real treat.

Do you know if he has locked in a tour - ie just playing around with dates?? Pity its not 2015 but that would be a real treat.
Summer 2016 gives everyone enough time to save/pay off credit cards. It's perfect.

Summer 2016 gives everyone enough time to save/pay off credit cards. It's perfect.

Yeah 2016 is better financially - but to get 3 years in a row - and given Perth and Adelaide have only seen him once - unlike the 1985+1997+2003+2013 tour to Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne - it would have been a real treat/bonus.

Last edited:
Back into the land of the living.

Listening to the American Beauty EP at the moment and um... this is very decent.

Title track sounds like it's trying to replicate the sound of the River outtakes on disc two of Tracks. Not bad.

'Mary Mary' is a cute little ditty. I like.

'Hurry Up Sundown', on first listen, is the most confidently rocking song he's recorded in years. Great track. Better than anything on Magic or WoAD by FAR.

'Hey Blue Eyes' starts off a bit suspect, but like 'Paradise' from The Rising, ends up grabbing you.

Really strong EP. He should do this more often.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

******* Jesus. ****.

very very nice version. I was still waiting to hear the piano at the end.:) It sounded like a bit like a 12 string acoustic to me, even though it wasn't.

There's no such thing as a Bruce "hiatus" but I have had a Bruce break, of sorts, over the last few months. The tour left me so satisfied that I was OK to let it be for a while.

But, I'm back.

How serious are these Oz tour rumours for next year Cruyff? You're typically on the money.

There's no such thing as a Bruce "hiatus" but I have had a Bruce break, of sorts, over the last few months. The tour left me so satisfied that I was OK to let it be for a while.

But, I'm back.

How serious are these Oz tour rumours for next year Cruyff? You're typically on the money.
2016 more than likely from what I have been told.

Finally got my American Beauty EP vinyl to my record player after carting it around delicately in my hands for the best part of two months. Not a huge fan of the title track (really suffers from Magic-esque production IMO), but the other three tracks are solid. Love Hurry Up Sundown, it reminds me of something else, but can't place it just yet.

Also got to visit the intersection of E Street and 10th Avenue in Belmar, NJ :thumbsu:

I'm new to music thread and this thread and wanted to say I've had a hiatus for a few maybe a lot of years from Springsteen .

The 1st Springsteen album I bought was Born in the USA massive album .The 1st song I heard was the River which I liked but Born in the USA ,Glory Days, Working on the Highway,No Surrender,Darlington county ,Downbound Train , bam they hit me enough to check out some older stuff waiting were Born to Run, Hungry heart Thunder Road,Independence Day, The Ties That Bind ,to name a few .

Some hasty random lines from songs that I used too know which may be wrong as it's been a while .

"We busted out of class had to get away from those fools we learnt more from a 3 minute record player than we ever learned in school "

"At night we'd ride through mansions of glory those suiside machine sprung from cages on highway 9 chrome wheeled fuel injected and stepping out over the line."

Baby this town rips the bones from your back it's a death trap it's a suiside rap we better get out while were young cause tramps like us baby we were born to run."

Got a wife and kids in Baltimore jack I went out for a ride And I never went back.Like a river that don't know we're its flowing I took a wrong turn and I just kept going ."

Last edited:
This thread in hibernation?

I've been listening to The Rising a bit of late.....feeling bummed that I didn't get to see My City of Ruins on the last tour.

Anybody been to any other gigs lately or listening to any other music whilst we are in this Bruce hiatus?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back