Computers & Internet Tinder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry babe, think I just found da 1 on Tinder. Keep my number in case anything changes (Something similar to this has happened to me with a girls from tinder)
Haha wouldn't surprise me. Would laugh and not respond or send back a lol.

Ain't goht no thyme for dat.

But do you have Coriander for that?
Plastic_Colander.jpg

Question for everyone - In terms of people you've matched with, what percentage would you say haven't responded when you've said hello?
None, because you shouldn't come out with something boring/plain like hello. I hit them with a line that gauges their keenness without being overly sexual straight off the bat, gets responded to 90% of the time because it is so left field from what they usually get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question for everyone - In terms of people you've matched with, what percentage would you say haven't responded when you've said hello?
90% of the time

EFA

That's a pretty high percentage, but I guess that depends on how you use it. I guy that I work with used it solely for one night stands and never had intentions on it being anything more. He now has a girlfriend (not from Tinder) who is a total bitch (might be Tinder karma). I haven't heard too many people say that they use Tinder for anything other than to just pick up, but maybe that's just a cover for how they really feel.

While I would never use it, I can see how people who are shy and don't feel comfortable with confrontation can really benefit from it.

None, because you shouldn't come out with something boring/plain like hello. I hit them with a line that gauges their keenness without being overly sexual straight off the bat, gets responded to 90% of the time because it is so left field from what they usually get.

I do find that you get an unusually high percentage that are unresponsive. Makes you think they're just on there for the ego stroke (how many people like me?), rather than to actually pick anyone up. I obviously understand the need to come in with more than just "hi", but when you've just got a normal photo and no other real information to go on, it can be hard sometimes to come up with something witty and unique.

I do find that you get an unusually high percentage that are unresponsive. Makes you think they're just on there for the ego stroke (how many people like me?), rather than to actually pick anyone up. I obviously understand the need to come in with more than just "hi", but when you've just got a normal photo and no other real information to go on, it can be hard sometimes to come up with something witty and unique.

If you expect anything more than "hi" back then approaching a girl with "hello" means you're bringing nothing to the awkward ice breaking table...

If you expect anything more than "hi" back then approaching a girl with "hello" means you're bringing nothing to the awkward ice breaking table...

My point is, 90% of the time, you don't even get a "hi" back, even when you do come up with something more. I don't literally just say "hello".

Doesn't really matter, just seems a bit pointless to be on there if you're not going to actually engage with people.

I reckon I get a response 70% of the time when I come up with a "Hey :)", especially if you message them moments after being matched.

Girls are definitely past the pick-up line stage though and you need something like what Stratton Gun has suggested.

As a side note, not only have I been matched with my ex's sister, but the past few days I've been chatting on and off with one of her childhood friends. I think Tinder is giving me some very strong messages.

My point is, 90% of the time, you don't even get a "hi" back, even when you do come up with something more. I don't literally just say "hello".

Doesn't really matter, just seems a bit pointless to be on there if you're not going to actually engage with people.
I use a similar line to what Stratton_Gun said, I just copy and paste it to every match. 90% of the time they respond positively and the other 10% either don't respond. You can tell which girls probably won't reply as well, they are the 9s and are only on there for an ego boost and too find male 9s.

I use a similar line to what Stratton_Gun said, I just copy and paste it to every match. 90% of the time they respond positively and the other 10% either don't respond. You can tell which girls probably won't reply as well, they are the 9s and are only on there for an ego boost and too find male 9s.
" 'girls name', you are too ******* cute" also works well

do you guys straight up ask for numbers right off the bat with a match or do you try and establish some sort of rapport?
Depends on who you match up with. If I'm looking for a quick hookup and I'm in another city, I pretty much go for the numbers off the bat and hope for the best... it works some of the time. It's not hard to get numbers pretty quickly though if the initial chit chat is all good.

Match with gorgeous girl who is the same age, has similar interests, etc. Start chatting, she seems just like my type personality-wise too. She's responding quickly to everything I write, and asking me questions as well. After about an hour of back and forth, I ask her if she'd like to get together for a drink or something sometime, and she responds with "Of course!". I ask "Swap numbers?", and am yet to receive a response, nearly two hours later. Bloody hell...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back