You know its nearly footy season when...

Remove this Banner Ad

Portia

#DrewBlood
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog Port Adelaide - Jesse Palmer Player Sponsor 2017 Podcaster Port Adelaide - Riley Bonner Player Sponsor 2016 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2001
Fragile bastion of liberalism
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Muckbuckle Dolmens
You know its nearly footy season when....

* Richmond players are getting done for being drunk and disorderly.

* Your team's players are declared to be the fittest they ever have been.

* Collingwood are going to make the finals.

Feel free to add.

...Australia is just about to wrap up another test series.

...You actually worry about those players who have had surgery and aren't training.

...You are planning to get your membership, club jumper, and club tie in a few days.

...When you countdown the days till your first practice match.

...When you hear Gary Ayres saying "At the end of the day..."

...Carlton fans claim that their veterans have another year in them for September glory.

...Collingwood supporters are talking up their chances and are raving about another ten unheard of youngsters who are going to lift them to September glory.

The Hitman

Your about to pop with excitement coz u know that the roos are gonna have a good year, carlton are gonna have a bad year, essendon will finish 3rd if that, collingwood might make the finals- but wont be a force, Richmond might get their act together and become a real force, Port are going to lost their first game in 02, Hawks are gonna win the flag in 02(and Im not even a hawk supporter),Freo will finish above the Eagles- the eagles will finish last or 2nd last, Geelong will finish where the eagles dont, Melbourne might have a peacful year when it comes to politics, St Kilda will finish 3rd last, the Swans will still have good players but wont be able to make it a working team or a dominant one, Adelaide are gonna finish about 8th but I dont guarantee that, Brisbane will finish 2nd behind Hawthorn.

If I've missed anyone predict it for yaselves!

Go Roos 2002!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

...the weather gets a bit colder, the sky is overcast and there is an abundance of rain. People dig into there old cupboards, rummaging around for their old skarfs, thermoses and jackets and crank up the old central heating to high.

Sadly for Melbourne people, this is has also been the answer for the thread "You know its nearly the Boxing Day Test when..." :(

Originally posted by The Hitman

...You are planning to get your membership, club jumper......

yup! i got my jumper last week and when i get some more money ill get my membership.

and also u know its about to start when someone goes onto you team board and says "THERES 44 days til pre-season cup starts" :eek: but now its like only 40 or somethin'

Originally posted by Shinboners
Wayne Carey has had an excellent pre-season and is in his best shape for years.

Hope you were being serious when u said that- cause there isnt much space between the start of the season and rd4- and I want him to be fully fit and firing when we play carlton- so we can show up those tall carlton defenders:)

And we can kick everyones arse while Carey is fit:) He'll be unstoppable coz he'll enjoy it so much- and well the teams spirit will life- it will be great:)

Go Roos 2002

Originally posted by Porthos
You know its nearly footy season when....

* Richmond players are getting done for being drunk and disorderly.

Maybe the TAC could make a new slogan.
"If you DRINK & DRIVE ,you'll play for Richmond":p

Can't be any worse punishment than that [except for being Joffa's hairdresser :D ]

when.....

You can count the number of sleeps till the preseason cup starts on your fingers and toes

You pull the scarf and beanie out of the wardrobe to start airing them ready for the first match

You know the preseason cup fixtures off by heart (including venues and kickoff times) not just for your team, but for every team

You read all about Woosha's plan to produce a new and improved Eagles side for the following season (and he can pinpoint exactly what went wrong last year)

You see more and more people wearing their club t-shirts around at the shops!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back