Young Gun #6

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus, Suns
I know it's too early but a lot have played 15+ games now, who looks like the best player at the moment and for the future, if you think those are different things, go with the future.

Now is a toss up between Whitfield, Macrae, Wines and Mayes.

For the future I think it's a toss up between Whitfield, Mayes, Macrae, Hrovat and Daniher.

I'm going to go with Macrae now, Whitfield future.

Why do you think Wines will be the best in 5 years time?
He has shown the most potential out of everyone, he is all class... The way he plays the game at such a early age means he will succeed. Those hard players and inside mids usually end up the best players out of the draft also (Selwood, Boak, Hodge, Lewis, Judd, Dangerfield, Swallow, J.Kennedy etc).

Last edited:
He has shown the most potential out of everyone, he is all class... The way he plays the game at such a early age means he will succeed. Those hard players and inside mids usually end up the best players out of the draft also (Selwood, Boak, Hodge, Lewis, Judd, Dangerfield, Swallow etc).
Fair enough, I just see something special in Whitfield and Mayes that I think will make them the best players out of this draft. Wines is a gun though no doubt and he will be. And just on hard players and inside mids usually being the best players out of the draft, I can list plenty of players where that doesn't apply, such as Pendlebury, Stevie J etc.
What sort of a question is that?
I was asking for a reasoning just because I think others will move ahead of him in time. Not that hard to understand.

Fair enough, I just see something special in Whitfield and Mayes that I think will make them the best players out of this draft. Wines is a gun though no doubt and he will be. And just on hard players and inside mids usually being the best players out of the draft, I can list plenty of players where that doesn't apply, such as Pendlebury, Stevie J etc.

I was asking for a reasoning just because I think others will move ahead of him in time. Not that hard to understand.
i think you will find Pendlebury is a hard player

s

Steve Johnson is not the best player from the 2001 draft
Lewis, Boak and Swallow aren't the best players from their drafts either. It's one of the best players from that draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wines, Macrae and Whitfield currently

in 5 years time:

1. Macrae
2. Whitfield
3. Mayes
4. Wines

Wines the least scope for improvement, came in with a ready made AFL body.

Wines, Macrae and Whitfield currently

in 5 years time:

1. Macrae
2. Whitfield
3. Mayes
4. Wines

Wines the least scope for improvement, came in with a ready made AFL body.
biggest myth in football

He has skills, great overhead, clearance machine, goal kicker and is a monster of a human being.

Still a hard player, which supports my statement

Leaving Viney off your list doesn't. Once he polishes his kicking, I'm confident he'll be a top 5 player from this draft.

Right now though, it's Wines comfortably. Looks like he's been playing at the level for 10 years.

Back