Big Bash Season 15-16

Remove this Banner Ad

The IPL pretty much provided the worst result possible for Hobart. Dunk, Bailey and Hilfy all are going to be missing. A CL side coming together something like this as I see it.

AFAIK it's based on last year's squad, not this years. No Hales. Bollinger, Laughlin, Blizzard, Shah, Malik can play if they are available. The IPL getting preference on players makes it just about pointless for the Australian teams being there.

154271-sydney-sixers.jpg

I thought top 4 went through? But didn't Coulter-Nile play for Delhi who finished bottom
http://www.iplt20.com/teams/mumbai-indians/squad/840/nathan-coulter-nile

That is where I got my info and didn't even open the page, but presumed he was part of the Mumbai squad, but it seems it was out of date. Either way no qualifying for him.

Also yeah it is the top four... 3 straight through and 1 more in the qualifying stage.

I really need to brush up on my CL and IPL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

looks like the thunder have decided to ditch the crap hole known as ANZ stadium for a smaller venue
the Sydney Show grounds for a couple of games. hopefully they ditch ANZ all together for BBL 15/16, no body ever seems to like that place
http://www.bigbash.com.au/news-and-videos/2014/06/26/sydney-thunder-new-home-ground-showground

The green of the Sydney Thunder will be seen at the Sydney Showground Stadium for BBL|04 with the venue to host two home matches.

The Showgrounds will host two Thunder matches in January, while ANZ Stadium will host the other two Thunder home matches in December.

Quick Single: Mark Waugh talks about the Sydney Showground

Details of both matches will be announced next Tuesday (July 1), when the full BBL|04 draw is released.

“With ANZ Stadium unavailable during January because of the Asian Cup, we wanted to find an alternative venue that would be popular with our supporter base, both in terms of location and facilities," said Sydney Thunder General Manager Nick Cummins.

"We listened to our members, who told us that the Sydney Showground ticked those boxes, and we believe the stadium will offer great atmosphere and comfort for those fans attending our games."

The size of the Showground, which has a capacity of 25,000, also appears to cater to the Thunder.

"Sydney Showground Stadium is delighted to welcome Sydney Thunder," said the General Manager of the venue, Peter Thorpe.

"Our boutique Stadium gives fans the opportunity to be close to all the action.

"The extremely positive feedback we receive from GWS Giants fans and the many thousands that visit the Stadium during the Sydney Royal Easter Show suggests the Sydney Thunder fans are going to love coming here.

"We are really excited to host Sydney Thunder, their members and supporters in January 2015."

- See more at: http://www.bigbash.com.au/news-and-...w-home-ground-showground#sthash.lF0Zjsmg.dpuf

Sydney Thunder and the 'electric green' playing in the Giants' orange stadium. That'll be a good look.

Far prefer them playing there than in the cavernous ANZ Stadium, though.

Worst pitches in the BBL, although etihad isn't much better which is to be expected on those makeshift grounds
Every Major Cricket Venue is really a make shift ground. with AFL being played on them in the winter and cricket in the summer, with the aid of drop in pitches.
but etihad is only ever used for the BBL nothing else and ANZ for a few ODI's and BBL.
what might aid with etihads problem is the pitch would spend most hrs of the day in shade thanks to the stands.
ANZ everything is wrong with the place, with the pitch being one of them always slow and low with uneven bounce, and the out field is rubbish, for AFL, NRL or cricket. never been there but from a common complaint is that the seats are to far back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back