Shield Round 2: Western Australia vs Tasmania @ WACA; 15-18 Oct 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Whiteman has become a forgotten man in Aussie cricket. Pity all them injuries ruined his keeping career. Bloke with the Gloves was as good as the current keepers in Aussie cricket and as a batsman been better than Carey/Inglis/Pierson

Came here to share similar sentiments. With his big score, would be averaging over 40 now opening, which isn’t bad at Shield level. Has he sniffed Aus A duties at all during his career? I can’t ever recall

Came here to share similar sentiments. With his big score, would be averaging over 40 now opening, which isn’t bad at Shield level. Has he sniffed Aus A duties at all during his career? I can’t ever recall
Yeah in the early/mid 2010’s when he was seen as a potential Haddin replacement

From memory reckon he might've hit his maiden FC ton for Aus A.

Does CA have a pitch rating system?

A pitch where teams struggle to take 15 wickets in the first 3 days of a shield match isn’t great.

Particularly when you want results in 4 days

Barring a Tassie collapse - this one is red rover
Add that to the fact that most visiting side would be happy with a draw at the waca and its even worse.

Most of the wickets have been guys playing shots as well.

It's a terrible wicket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Tassie side looks pretty cobbled together with the exodus of some the senior players but they have started the season ok considering and it would be a long time since the team had 6 locals in the XI like the first two games of the season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back