Jordan Silk (c)
Matthew Wade +
Beau Webster
Bradley Hope
Mitchell Owen
Jarrod Freeman
Lawrence Neil-Smith
Gabe Bell

God I find Shield cricket frustrating to watch on Kayo.

It was 50 FRIGGEN YEARS AGO that Packer was alleged to have said (I'm paraphrasing) "why am I staring at the batsmans arse ever second over?!"

What are we doing here? It's one thing if you just want to stream a bullshit D-grade production on your own website - but I don't think it's acceptable to package up a 3-camera shoot with commentators and graphics included for more "mass" consumption via Kayo, and not have the down the pitch view every second over. Get rid of the commentators and give me 2 more camera people - I'm more interested in seeing the play for myself than hearing 2 randoms talk about it.

God I find Shield cricket frustrating to watch on Kayo.

It was 50 FRIGGEN YEARS AGO that Packer was alleged to have said (I'm paraphrasing) "why am I staring at the batsmans arse ever second over?!"

What are we doing here? It's one thing if you just want to stream a bullshit D-grade production on your own website - but I don't think it's acceptable to package up a 3-camera shoot with commentators and graphics included for more "mass" consumption via Kayo, and not have the down the pitch view every second over. Get rid of the commentators and give me 2 more camera people - I'm more interested in seeing the play for myself than hearing 2 randoms talk about it.
Fair point, but hard to implement at the WACA right now with no elevation for the camera at the old Prindiville end due to the ongoing renovations. Would have to bring in scaffolding.

Redbacks supporter here but from the outside I reckon Webster is one of the most improved players of the last 2-3years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree, had a good stint over in Essex too. If we were to be critical he should start cashing in and make some bigger scores, perhaps he bats a bit low in the order at times. Gun fielder and a reliable option with the ball too.

I’d expect him to play some ODI’s after they blow the squad up after this WC.

Super innings from silk, our bowling wilted in the heat at the end quite a bit.
Hard to see us winning unless the tigers collapse in the 2nd

Looks like we have a stream for the second XI game: Cricket Australia State Competitions - Toyota Second XI - Rd2 - South Aus v Western Aus - Day 1

Jhye and Paris making their red ball returns.
Jhye specially having a good return, top scored with 85 and has sent down 8 quick, accurate overs today. A fit again Richardson excites me.

Back to this match. Dont often see the WACA such a batting belter as this one is. Hard work for the Tassie trundlers and no mistake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d expect him to play some ODI’s
Age may be against him mate. But have to agree he has had an incredible last season specially, after an inconsistent stop/start career.
ODI’s after they blow the squad up after this WC.
Who goes and who stays when they blow up this squad after the WC. Stoinis first for mine.
Ive never seen Silk bat this well
He looked terrific. Has always had talent but like many, I think he has struggled with the mental side of the game. Jason Sangha is another who comes to mind, Jake Leehman also.

Age may be against him mate. But have to agree he has had an incredible last season specially, after an inconsistent stop/start career.

Who goes and who stays when they blow up this squad after the WC. Stoinis first for mine.

He looked terrific. Has always had talent but like many, I think he has struggled with the mental side of the game. Jason Sangha is another who comes to mind, Jake Leehman also.

Agree Stoinis won’t be around much longer. Webster only 29, would be extremely stiff to not at least play a meaningless ODI if current form continues. A 3D cricketer.

Game has draw written all over it. It was definitely reverse swinging but the tassie bowlers can't exploit it enough.

Game has draw written all over it. It was definitely reverse swinging but the tassie bowlers can't exploit it enough.
Yep, especially with WA's slow run-rate...Be interesting to see how they tackle things after lunch considering they're yet to lose a wicket.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Webster only 29
That all, I figured he was well into the 30s as he seems to have been round forever. In that case I'd give him a crack over Stoinis as his List A figures arent too shabby, @31 bat, @39 ball. Be better if they were reversed tho.

Sam Whiteman has become a forgotten man in Aussie cricket. Pity all them injuries ruined his keeping career. Bloke with the Gloves was as good as the current keepers in Aussie cricket and as a batsman been better than Carey/Inglis/Pierson

Sam Whiteman has become a forgotten man in Aussie cricket. Pity all them injuries ruined his keeping career. Bloke with the Gloves was as good as the current keepers in Aussie cricket and as a batsman been better than Carey/Inglis/Pierson
Yeah very good player unfortunately injuries stuffed him

Jhye specially having a good return, top scored with 85 and has sent down 8 quick, accurate overs today. A fit again Richardson excites me.

Back to this match. Dont often see the WACA such a batting belter as this one is. Hard work for the Tassie trundlers and no mistake.
Yeah its good Bgman fingers crossed for Jhye

Remove this Banner Ad

Back