Shield The Final: Western Australia vs Tasmania, The WACA, 21-25 March

Remove this Banner Ad

Just as well so much emphasis was placed upon bonus points earlier in the thread :)
It was hilarious.
When WA made 350in the first innings it obviously became a 5 day game.
Yet numpties still talked about bonus points.
It was fascinating the fascination.

Last edited:
Lol…WA are on the verge of a historic 3 peat, and old people are flexing about the 70’s.
Is there a 70’s thread for old people?
Now you listen here you little whippersnapper. Us old timers had it tough. Bit of respect please.

It was hilarious.
When WA made 350in the first innings it obviously became a 5 day game.
Yet numpties still talked about bonus points.
It was fascinating the fascination.
WA being in the BP lead is the reason that they can make 6 or 700 without worrying whether they win or not.

WA being in the BP lead is the reason that they can make 6 or 700 without worrying whether they win or not.
WA making 350 in the first innings is the reason Tasmania couldn’t go to hard after the bonus points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want the outright win. Yes, bat them out of the game but make sure there’s time to bowl them out.
I think we probably will.
Tasmania’s spirit is going to be crushed.
Wouldn’t be surprised if we bowl them out for under 100.

And yes there’s batting teams out of games, but there’s also poor form and stupidity.
If our lead gets to 650-700 it would be embarrassing to keep batting.

I think we probably will.
Tasmania’s spirit is going to be crushed.
Wouldn’t be surprised if we bowl them out for under 100.

And yes there’s batting teams out of games, but there’s also poor form and stupidity.
If our lead gets to 650-700 it would be embarrassing to keep batting.
Why ? It’s a standard tactic in a shield final

The biggest cheer yesterday came when the umps finally called a wide after about the 10th Tas bouncer that went a postcode overhead. Umpiring has been poor all match

Still say the team that finished top of the ladder should win with a draw by default.

Nah.
The home sides were producing roads and scoring thousands of runs.
It usually made for a terrible game.

The current way is much fairer, or you don't have a final at all, which I wouldn't mind TBH.

I also like this new BP system to try & make the Final a better spectacle...Home gound advantage is enough for the top team if there is to be a Final.

Last edited:
fantastic debut performance by Connolly 90 and 18 can't ask more than that

keep working on tightening his technique in the off season and next year....and keep working on his slow left armers

a jadeja clone for the future

Remove this Banner Ad

Back