Shield The Final: Western Australia vs Tasmania, The WACA, 21-25 March

Remove this Banner Ad

"Least" - this is the final! Lol

I reckon it's not a bad ploy by Tassie, as they'll know exactly how many batting bonus points they'll need to get at the end of the 1st innings

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Be between the footy, probaly more interested when Inglis bats to be honest

I know Bangas is persona non grata but surely Whiteman should be next in line for test spot?

Really wish he was keeping was so annoying when he gave up the gloves. He wouldn't do a bad job opening but doubt they go that way. Lets be real Smith/Khawaja have lets say 12-24 months left, so is he realistically going to be the best opener then? Jeez you'd hope not, you would be hoping one of these younger options is ready by then

Do I count 9 genuine bowling options for Whiteman?

Stobo, Paris, Gannon, Hardie, Cartwright seam;
Rocc, Connolly, Short and Goodwin spin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It might be too early to write off Tassie but when you fail to take a wicket in the first session after choosing to bowl it makes it tough to win.

WA with a great platform now to get a big first innings total.
Vic were 0-100 earlier this year and WA beat them by an innings.
Regardless it's a good start

It might be too early to write off Tassie but when you fail to take a wicket in the first session after choosing to bowl it makes it tough to win.

WA with a great platform now to get a big first innings total.

Still need a decent run-rate in the first 100 overs because of the bonus point factor...Tassie can win the game with a draw

Still need a decent run-rate in the first 100 overs because of the bonus point factor...Tassie can win the game with a draw

Yep. The first 2-3 days is all about getting the BP lead. From there you can control the game to an extent. i.e. bat for a draw if you have to in the second dig.

Can’t watch the game live yet only watching the updated scores but how is the pitch playing? Has it been good batting or bad bowling? Plenty in it for the bowlers?

Can’t watch the game live yet only watching the updated scores but how is the pitch playing? Has it been good batting or bad bowling? Plenty in it for the bowlers?
I tuned it about 45 minutes in. That must've been how long it took the bowlers to find their lengths cos it's been solid bowling since. Darcy Short in particular looks susceptible and has had some luck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back