Shield Victoria Vs Western Australia, CitiPower Centre, 11-14th March 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Realistically Bancroft and Inglis need to bat until near lunch tomorrow. The most faith I have in our tail is Rocco hitting a few boundaries.

You can lock in WA v Tassie at the WACA, only team who has been worse than Victoria today is Tassie blowing a home final in spectacular fashion.

But some will be proud of Victoria for finishing 4th. It doesn’t matter if they win or lose or if they stick to a failed strategy of 4 batsman and 6 bowlers with a poor keeper as long as they occasionally try.

You can lock in WA v Tassie at the WACA, only team who has been worse than Victoria today is Tassie blowing a home final in spectacular fashion.

But some will be proud of Victoria for finishing 4th. It doesn’t matter if they win or lose or if they stick to a failed strategy of 4 batsman and 6 bowlers with a poor keeper as long as they occasionally try.
Nothing surer than you whinging about a poor start to the season, disappearing when we go on a long undefeated streak then coming back when we miss the final.

Of course you'd rather lose and be right than win and be wrong.

Redbacks fan here. For a team that has all so many choices in terms of local batting talent, why Stobo at 7?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redbacks fan here. For a team that has all so many choices in terms of local batting talent, why Stobo at 7?

Cause he had one good score a year ago.
Teague Wyllie and Sam Fanning have had opportunities but failed, Turner is the usual no 7 is seemingly injured forever, Short is dodgy in FC Cricket. Cupboards bare

WA have been wanting to play an extra bowler the last couple of games. With Jhye injured, Lance Morris managed, Dorff playing white ball only, the bowling attack is our weak point. We needed outright wins, so I think they added an extra bowler to ensure we could get 20 wickets. Personally, I think our batting is pretty shaky too. With Hardie back, I'd like to see someone like Short play and the pair of them make up the fifth bowler.

Nothing surer than you whinging about a poor start to the season, disappearing when we go on a long undefeated streak then coming back when we miss the final.

Of course you'd rather lose and be right than win and be wrong.

I’d rather we win but when duds like Merlo were being gifted games and they thought Sutherland could bat 7, it was obvious to anyone not blind from the beginning.

The batting is the weakest it’s been in my lifetime and the geniuses at CV think the answer is to play more bowlers…

I'm so glad I bailed on heading in today. What a shitshow
What a great day of cricket you missed,I was there but missed the early collapse by Victoria,being Harris,Kellaway and Handscomb.But credit to Short and Perry who put on a good partnership of 90 until Short lost it being caught in the outfield last over before lunch.After lunch the tail let the Vics down except for the last wicket partnership of 20 odd between Murphy and Boland.Full credit to the Victorian bowlers as I left at tea and they had WA 4/38 and Murphy picking up those 2 wickets late this game is not over.Impressed with Gannon as a bowler,is he Sam.s son?

What a great day of cricket you missed,I was there but missed the early collapse by Victoria,being Harris,Kellaway and Handscomb.But credit to Short and Perry who put on a good partnership of 90 until Short lost it being caught in the outfield last over before lunch.After lunch the tail let the Vics down except for the last wicket partnership of 20 odd between Murphy and Boland.Full credit to the Victorian bowlers as I left at tea and they had WA 4/38 and Murphy picking up those 2 wickets late this game is not over.Impressed with Gannon as a bowler,is he Sam.s son?
Don't think so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He started quite well but since his 61 in round 2 against Tasmania has only managed a top score of 32. I agree that number 7 seems to be too high for him, especially considering in his past 4 digs he's made 4,0,0,0.

If they chase this down it's on the terrible middle order and the captain for not batting Rocchiccioli higher all season long.

268 run lead... will it be enough? WA bowling for a Shield final place and hosting rights.
Hard to see us winning this. First 20 vital here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back