Shield Sheffield Shield Final: Western Australia vs Victoria, WACA, 23rd-27th March, 1 PM AEDT (10 AM AWST, 11:30 AM ACDT, 12 AEST)

Who comes away champions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

WA WARRIORS defend their title!

Look forward to watching those boys from both sides as they represent their country in NZ early next month.

Paris, Hardie, Perry, Kellaway, Wyllie.

Last edited:

Cool. The best team won. Hardly surprising.
Still the worst state for fans on the board. By a mile.
Full strength Vic side (Maxwell is in crap form since coming back from injury) can't put up a decent total, dustbowl bully Murphy getting out bowled by a part timer and Shaun Marsh having more test 100s than any Vic in the last 30 years.

High time for an SA-VIC merger.

Full strength Vic side (Maxwell is in crap form since coming back from injury) can't put up a decent total, dustbowl bully Murphy getting out bowled by a part timer and Shaun Marsh having more test 100s than any Vic in the last 30 years.

Must almost be time to dump Maxwell from the Australian side, and replace him with the far superior Turner.
2 MoM awards from 3 final victories this year.

Jeez you're very sensitive for someone whose team got B2B trebles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most likely because the regular test side players play very few shield games.If we had a season of shield cricket where every player was available I would think NSW would be the favourites to win it.
We still lose plenty of starters to the national sides but none of them play. Would make sense to give games to multiple blokes from a side that’s won the last 6 state titles. Bancroft is the one I’m most dirty about, should be straight in for Warner

We still lose plenty of starters to the national sides but none of them play. Would make sense to give games to multiple blokes from a side that’s won the last 6 state titles. Bancroft is the one I’m most dirty about, should be straight in for Warner
That Bancroft dismissal in the first innings reminds me of many other Bancroft dismals, and doesn’t scream Test cricketer.

I think we produce some wonderful domestic cricketers, Test, I’m not so sure.

Most likely because the regular test side players play very few shield games.If we had a season of shield cricket where every player was available I would think NSW would be the favourites to win it.
NSW would walk it in.
My theory is they produce great Test cricketers because their Grade competition is so strong and deep.
Ours not so much so, so we produce great domestic cricketers.

Well what a great couple of days at the WACA

So proud of the lads and it was great to see bangers bring up the win today.

For the Victorian Supporters be proud of your team ..really good bowling unit and they will be together for a while.I can see success coming there way and plenty of more battles between WA and VIC.

The highlight for me and the difference in the two teams was the Turner and Paris stand....thought Paris had a very very good game such an under rated cricketer in Aus ..he gets the job done with the ball can swing it both ways and is very good with the blade ..would love to see higher honours and can see him doing very well in English seaming conditions

Great hundred for Turner the ultimate team man. Took on the bowling and got the rewards.

Overall so proud of the lads the double three peat might never see that again just a wonderful achievement

Well done WA !!

Well what a great couple of days at the WACA

So proud of the lads and it was great to see bangers bring up the win today.

For the Victorian Supporters be proud of your team ..really good bowling unit and they will be together for a while.I can see success coming there way and plenty of more battles between WA and VIC.

The highlight for me and the difference in the two teams was the Turner and Paris stand....thought Paris had a very very good game such an under rated cricketer in Aus ..he gets the job done with the ball can swing it both ways and is very good with the blade ..would love to see higher honours and can see him doing very well in English seaming conditions

Great hundred for Turner the ultimate team man. Took on the bowling and got the rewards.

Overall so proud of the lads the double three peat might never see that again just a wonderful achievement

Well done WA !!
Yep, some great positive commentary there.
I can see us and the Vics having a great rivalary going forward.
They are very young, but we have some brilliant kids no one is aware of yet.

Great season of cricket.
WA did well, Australia did well, maybe Willetton ****ed up, but all in all, very enjoyable.

Back