Shield Western Australia Vs Victoria @ WACA, March 14th-17th 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott Boland 8 wickets. Lance Morris still bowling in the nets in India?
He’s in the squad for training, where else is he supposed to be bowling?

Can someone supply any stats that Morris is touring as anything other than a project player?

Neser?
Skeketee?
Even Paris is a better bowler from our own side.

He’s improved a lot over the last 12 months, CA is rewarding WA cricket by simply selecting him, not conspiring against us.

Hardie Australia A, how?
Wyllie Australia A, great, but early.
Morris Test squad, good learning.

The psychopath WA conspiracy stuff is so embarrassing.

I should have said Aaron, Teague and Lance, but the concept is the same.

Oh what an intelligent, brave sledge. We are so hurt.
We’ve had some light drizzle today. Probably 3 days of clouds since Christmas, and the miserable internet troll decides this drizzle is a good reason to gob off.
lol evidently you are.

Kudos to Victoria for stamping their authority on this match early and not letting WA back in the match.

Be interesting to see how some of the WA batsmen respond to this game in the upcoming finale. We all know Whiteman and Bancroft can score big in pressure matches, Hardie too, just got knuckle down, and deliver again.

Paris and Kelly back will undoubtedly strengthen WA bowling, maybe Morris too. All to play for, should be a cracking contest, with some of Aust future test talent on display in Wyllie, Hardie, Kellaway, Sutherland and Perry.....plus Boland, Bancroft and maybe Handscomb.....good advertisement for Aust red ball cricket.

Can Travis Dean make it to the target without losing his wicket?
That's the big one for today.
The question was if he would score. The answer is no.

Kudos to Victoria for stamping their authority on this match early and not letting WA back in the match.

Be interesting to see how some of the WA batsmen respond to this game in the upcoming finale. We all know Whiteman and Bancroft can score big in pressure matches, Hardie too, just got knuckle down, and deliver again.

Paris and Kelly back will undoubtedly strengthen WA bowling, maybe Morris too. All to play for, should be a cracking contest, with some of Aust future test talent on display in Wyllie, Hardie, Kellaway, Sutherland and Perry.....plus Boland, Bancroft and maybe Handscomb.....good advertisement for Aust red ball cricket.

Plus Murphy as well, but it will probably be a return to the WACA of old, flat, hard and lots of runs to be made.

Weird how were giving Hardie bowling practice in a lost cause after doing nothing in the 1st inns.
Not that his figures wouldve been better than Cartwright

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess if WA can get another couple before Victoria reach the target, could be considered a bit of a consolation win...though Vic have been in front since WA capitulated in the first dig

2 off 49 for Chandrasingh against an attack containing Moody has to be a tad concerning doesn't it?
I've been following him since his debut century in the hope we were unearthing a new talent, but I have to say have not been encouraged by his efforts since. In 13 hits, he has score single digits 9 times, 2 others less than 20. And he appears to use up way too many balls. I'm hoping those who have watched him can tell me where he is headed?

I've been following him since his debut century in the hope we were unearthing a new talent, but I have to say have not been encouraged by his efforts since. In 13 hits, he has score single digits 9 times, 2 others less than 20. And he appears to use up way too many balls. I'm hoping those who have watched him can tell me where he is headed?
Very talented just a bit raw at the minute.
WA to defend their title at home against the Vics on March 23. This time the Westerners wont be fielding their second string attack. Aaron Hardie will be looking for a return to form by channeling his dual match winning 174 from last year.
I mean, the bowling wasn't the issue this match. It didn't help but they made 120 and 240 in their two digs.

WA to defend their title at home against the Vics on March 23. This time the Westerners wont be fielding their second string attack. Aaron Hardie will be looking for a return to form by channeling his dual match winning 174 from last year.
The bowling is fine, and it should be a different attack for the Final. But the second stringers are ok enough, just not names.

The batting is the worry.
I’m hoping it’s just waiting for a big game, more so than form.
Guys seem to get starts then get out.
Partnerships currently seem non existent, which has previously been a strength.

How long are we going to put up with this weather that Perth dishes up? IMO they should be stripped of the final and it should be played somewhere with more pleasant weather, like Melbourne.

How long are we going to put up with this weather that Perth dishes up? IMO they should be stripped of the final and it should be played somewhere with more pleasant weather, like Melbourne.
Yeah but its our birthright to host the final as its tradition, you know because something something reasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back