No Oppo Supporters The ASADA Thread... from a Tiger perspective

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their new line is a pearler

"The AFL should have done more to stop our doping, it's their fault really... herp derp"

I posted it on the hot topic board but I'll mention it here too. The Bombers blaming ASADA for their own cheating is exactly like this Simpsons clip:

"The AFL isn't tough on drug cheats. The AFL even let the Essendon Bombers dope for over 18 months without issuing any punishments. Can you trust a league like the AFL?

Support the Bombers"

Good to see Kochie call the Bombers out on their bullshit on Sunrise this morning. He said it seems like someone is running a smear campaign against the AFL. Said it wasn't the AFL who injected players.

Good to see some people in the industry have had enough of their s**t.

My best mate is From a mad mad Essendon family.
He's basically turned his back on them and the game.
This bloke loved them. Went every week since he was 3 or 4 and he is 40.
Then his brother on the other hand is the complete opposite.
He's the ultra defensive,angry and delusional type.
It's actually been pretty sad because we have pretty close group of mates about 12-15 and have been forever but he's fallen out with sone over this whole thing.
It's gotten personal. He takes it all to heart.
But yeah his brother is just pretty much empty about the bombers.Pretty sad to see actually because imagine being put through all of this s**t if it were Richmond.
He was spot on last season when they were all cart wheeling about seemingly getting away with it he reasoned that it would go on and on and on and wishes they copped it on the chin from the beginning and we'd all have moved on now.

It's actually been pretty sad because we have pretty close group of mates about 12-15 and have been forever but he's fallen out with sone over this whole thing.
But yeah his brother is just pretty much empty about the bombers.Pretty sad to see actually because imagine being put through all of this s**t if it were Richmond.
He was spot on last season when they were all cart wheeling about seemingly getting away with it he reasoned that it would go on and on and on and wishes they copped it on the chin from the beginning and we'd all have moved on now.

I agree it sucks for the fans, got a close mate who is steadfast Essendon but we basically just avoid talking about it unless he posts some mindless piece of crap from Robbo or Chip on facebook. It is really hard to imagine what it would be like if it was the tigers. The closest thing i can remember was Warne in 2002-2003. I was steadfastly behind him, I was 17 and he had been my hero since i was 5, not to mention always the nicest man when i met him (Some other aussie cricketers could have learnt from him). But within a few weeks when it was clear he wouldn't be going to the WC I began to realise the whole mum line was a load of crock and his miraculous recovery was probably a result of doping. I still love Warne and think he probably got off lightly with just a 12 month suspension. But the best thing was that they just ripped of the band aid, he may have lied about it a bit but he took the suspension and moved on.

If Essendon and Hird had stood down everyone involved and been open and honest and actually said they screwed up massively but want to make up for it they actually would be in a reasonable position at the end of this year. Not great but 2 years wouldn't have been destroyed plus more to come, they wouldn't be financially ruined and they wouldn't have become the most despised set of fans in the league. So while it sucks for the fans it is also hard to feel any sympathy for them because nobody has stood up at any point from Essendons sides and said this needs to end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree it sucks for the fans, got a close mate who is steadfast Essendon but we basically just avoid talking about it unless he posts some mindless piece of crap from Robbo or Chip on facebook. It is really hard to imagine what it would be like if it was the tigers. The closest thing i can remember was Warne in 2002-2003. I was steadfastly behind him, I was 17 and he had been my hero since i was 5, not to mention always the nicest man when i met him (Some other aussie cricketers could have learnt from him). But within a few weeks when it was clear he wouldn't be going to the WC I began to realise the whole mum line was a load of crock and his miraculous recovery was probably a result of doping. I still love Warne and think he probably got off lightly with just a 12 month suspension. But the best thing was that they just ripped of the band aid, he may have lied about it a bit but he took the suspension and moved on.

If Essendon and Hird had stood down everyone involved and been open and honest and actually said they screwed up massively but want to make up for it they actually would be in a reasonable position at the end of this year. Not great but 2 years wouldn't have been destroyed plus more to come, they wouldn't be financially ruined and they wouldn't have become the most despised set of fans in the league. So while it sucks for the fans it is also hard to feel any sympathy for them because nobody has stood up at any point from Essendons sides and said this needs to end.
Well said, boys. It's the whole refusal to "man up" by Hird and Little, the smokescreens from Robinson, Conolley, Lloyd and the rest of the Essendon hacks, the complete delusion of the "Hirdashians" and the lack of respect for the competition by those responsible that really shits me.
Used to not mind the Bombers, I documented that early, but as I said on the HTB, if Essendon were playing Manchester United, I would be a Red Devil!
No greater disdain can I bestow!

Mark Thompson refuses to pay $30,000 fine over Essendon doping scandal

BOMBERS coach Mark Thompson has thrown down the gauntlet to the AFL, refusing to pay his $30,000 fine over footy’s supplements scandal.

The Herald Sun can reveal Thompson has written to AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan to tell him he does not intend to stump up the cash.

In a direct challenge to the AFL’s authority, Thompson says the fine is null and void because the league breached a “non-disparagement” agreement.

Thompson has already ignored several requests to pay the fine, imposed by the AFL Commission last August and which he believes is not due until October.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...n-doping-scandal/story-fnlpeek0-1226978358116

By paying any fine Thompson admits culpability of the failure of governance at Essendon and potential litigation by players at a later date.

Last edited:
ASADA ups ante on Essendon

The Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority has moved to bolster its case against Essendon players – and Stephen Dank – by seizing an interview where the biochemist discussed the use of banned drug Thymosin Beta-4 at the AFL club.

Fairfax Media can reveal that in recent days ASADA has sought, and obtained, fresh evidence to help corroborate the serious allegation it delivered in writing last month to 34 former and current AFL players.

In show-cause notices, the national anti-doping agency outlined its belief that 34 footballers used Thymosin Beta-4 in a supplements regime conducted largely in secret, and run by Dank, in 2011/12.

Despite demands made in the Federal Court, by Essendon and exiled coach James Hird, that ASADA should halt anti-doping proceedings against the Bombers, it has emerged the drug authority has not been deterred from gathering further evidence.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl/afl-news/asada-ups-ante-on-essendon-20140704-zswsf.html

Essendon board could be facing scrutiny

Essendon's board, virtually unchanged through a doping probe that has seen an overhaul of the club's football department, could yet be scrutinised for a program the AFL's medical boss believes involved ''probable'' use of banned drugs.

In his stunningly candid address in Zurich last November, Dr Peter Harcourt also flagged the ''need'' to look at the top of the tree at Essendon.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl...-could-be-facing-scrutiny-20140704-zsx22.html

Essendon board could be facing scrutiny

Essendon's board, virtually unchanged through a doping probe that has seen an overhaul of the club's football department, could yet be scrutinised for a program the AFL's medical boss believes involved ''probable'' use of banned drugs.

In his stunningly candid address in Zurich last November, Dr Peter Harcourt also flagged the ''need'' to look at the top of the tree at Essendon.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl...-could-be-facing-scrutiny-20140704-zsx22.html
For a second I thought they were talking about the Essendon BigFooty board :oops:

And that chord has nothing to do with the Bombers’ illogical conspiracy theories nor their delusional attacks on the AFL’s Dr Peter Harcourt. What has become increasingly apparent as the club continues to show no remorse is that the AFL was soft on Essendon.

The Adelaide Football Club has every right to question why Essendon has been allowed back into the national draft at the end of its first round when the Crows were stripped of two rounds of picks for two years over the Kurt Tippett affair – a serious transgression but incomparable to the human experimentation that went on at Windy Hill.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...k-for-cover-20140707-zsz9w.html#ixzz36pYRbvBM

Caro Marry Me!!!! Before Groupie_ takes you to dungeon.

I love Essendon logic that Adelaide volunteering to give up a 1st and 2nd round draft pick and punishing themselves isn't punishment...

Still cannot believe they received an end of 1st round pick back so soft from the AFL run by too many ex-essendon apologist.

For a second I thought they were talking about the Essendon BigFooty board :oops:
Same applies there too. Anything to do with the Cult of Hird needs scrutiny.

Caro Marry Me!!!! Before Groupie_ takes you to dungeon.

I love Essendon logic that Adelaide volunteering to give up a 1st and 2nd round draft pick and punishing themselves isn't punishment...

Still cannot believe they received an end of 1st round pick back so soft from the AFL run by too many ex-essendon apologist.
They'll screw the pick up anyway

Dodoro couldn't pick a gold nugget in a pile of s**t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back