Round 18 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will be 1-2 games ahead, Hawthorn have a tough run, Geelong aren't that good and Port are falling apart. They are clearly the two best teams and it's not certain but it's more than likely they will be cemented in 2nd by then. So them being rested is a definite possibility. That's the only reason I chose Libba over Fyfe with my last trade.

Yes, based on current form you are spot on.
Footy's a funny game though. If I told you Port would've dropped 4 out of 5 after their blistering start, you wouldn't have believed me.

Your scenario is very likely though, I was merely offering a counterpoint.

Another point in favour of "resting" players, is they will possibly have a 6 day break after the Gabba game before taking on Port Adelaide in Round 23 (on Sat night perhaps?).

Geelong have a very easy run home bar Hawthorn who they usually beat. I'd say it'll come down to the last round with Geelong and Freo battling it out for top 2. I see your point, but I think it'll be a lot closer than people think. Plus Brisbane at the Gabba is no longer a given.

Freo play Geelong and Hawthorn the 2 games before the Brisbane game. Those 2 results will determine if Freo can rest players in R22. Win them both and I reckon Clive Waterhouse might get a game for the Dockers against Brisbane.

Should I get Rockliff or JPK?
JPK should win every game from here and scores well no matter what because usually doesn't get tagged and loves the contested pill and 50k cheaper. (price isn't a huge issue)
Rockliff just a genuine jet but could get tagged, but also loves contested ball.

I have JPK - what an absolute beast! Doesn't miss games either, whereas Rocky is suspension prone.
Rocky's ceiling is massive though, he's a chance for a 200 game one day.

Go for consistently big scores - JPK.

Bite the bullet and use my last two on J.Lloyd > Morabito, Shenton to Luke Parker? Done and dusted.

Or hold onto them. I'm pretty much either in, or out of all of my legue finals.

Langdon to mids

Trade out Shenton for Mitchell.

3 trades left.

Keen to upgrade Wright to Harvey if I can generate enough cash from a downgrade.

Rd 18 Part 1
No trades

See how I'm going in league games, if behind...

Rd18 part 2
GAJ > Sam Mitchell
McGovern > JPK

If winning main leagues after part 1 though, will hold last 2 trades for SC finals.

As a Dahlhaus owner, I can say he is incredibly frustrating. His last score was out of the box. Hadn't had too many good scores since a good run earlier this year. I'm hoping he's back in that form! I didn't see the game, but perhaps Griffen's absence helped him?

Wanting to get Gray myself, but am 20k short of getting him in for Hartung. It's my last treade, so might hang on to it for a bit.
If Gray drops once more (BE 117), hopefully I'll be able to get him in.
Here is my team after the Shenton to Gray trade. Leaves 2 trades and 20k

upload_2014-7-13_22-31-6.png

I will try and bring in some bench cover for my mids or backs down the line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is my team after the Shenton to Gray trade. Leaves 2 trades and 20k

View attachment 67589

I will try and bring in some bench cover for my mids or backs down the line

Solid trade. Pretty much completes your team!

Your bench cover is worrying though, so I would advise you hold off on your last 2 trades for LTI's/SC Finals.
Last thing you need is to get an average player for cover, only to be forced to play him for 4/5 weeks. Guys like McStay & Honeychurch should be fine for a one week injury or suspension.

Rd 18 Part 1
No trades

See how I'm going in league games, if behind...

Rd18 part 2
GAJ > Sam Mitchell
McGovern > JPK

If winning main leagues after part 1 though, will hold last 2 trades for SC finals.
Mitchell & JPK/Fyfe oh so juicy. DO IT!!!

I'm planning to get rid of Acres this week. His replacement can be in any position except the ruck but I can only afford someone under $390k.
Mainly considering Birchall, Wingard, Robert Murphy or Nick Riewoldt, but any suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

I'm planning to get rid of Acres this week. His replacement can be in any position except the ruck but I can only afford someone under $390k.
Mainly considering Birchall, Wingard, Robert Murphy or Nick Riewoldt, but any suggestions would be gratefully accepted.
There's a bucketload of defenders averaging around 80 in that price range, with players at that price range I'd be looking at how many scores they have got above what they're averaging, if Mark Baguley's last 3 weeks prior to this one weren't poor i'd be recommending him.

4 trades & $286k, playing for league wins (1st in work one, 2nd in friends one).

Thinking Taylor -> Rocky and hold the final 3 trades for finals. And maybe upgrade Swan/Wingard during finals.

xWlYXdu.jpg

4 trades & $286k, playing for league wins (1st in work one, 2nd in friends one).

Thinking Taylor -> Rocky and hold the final 3 trades for finals. And maybe upgrade Swan/Wingard during finals.

xWlYXdu.jpg
Swan to Mitchell would be tempting

Burgoyne > Malceski
Jaensch > Bartel

Wasteful? They are the 2 highest scoring defenders, other than swallow. Jaensch and Burgoyne have been pretty useless the last 6-7 weeks.

2 trades left, but i have cover in all positions

thoughts?

other than those you've mentioned:

Grimes
Carlisle (yes out of the box yesterday, but he's been playing well lately)
Winderlich. Last 3 games averaging 103 in his new role across HB. bit risky with Hibberd to come back, and his obvious injury history, but could be worth a punt.
Sam Reid - depends how long Tippett is out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back