List Mgmt. 2014 trade/draft/FA/delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giles is too good a player to be playing reserves.

If it's a choice between him playing NEAFL for us, or playing firsts elsewhere, then I'll go 'Joffa's a good footy player, and Im glad (insert team here) has him'.

Also, I hope his footy career pays for his house, and maybe a bit left over.

I'd be very surprised if there wasn't significant interest in Giles at the end of the season. Whilst I think he is only average in tap outs as he is not particularly athletic he is a very good mark and I would say close to an elite finisher.

Clubs like Western Bulldogs and Carlton could use a bloke like him and even Brisbane Lions could get some value especially given their current ruck is always injured.

If we packaged up O'Rourke and Giles I reckon we could do a very interesting trade for an experienced player and draft pick that could be win/win.

Giles is too good a player to be playing reserves.

If it's a choice between him playing NEAFL for us, or playing firsts elsewhere, then I'll go 'Joffa's a good footy player, and Im glad (insert team here) has him'.

Also, I hope his footy career pays for his house, and maybe a bit left over.
Completely agree, but would be sad to see him go as he has been a very important player in the early days of our club. Have followed his career since his early SANFL days. Also if he goes to L.E.S will need to change my user name. :(

I'd be very surprised if there wasn't significant interest in Giles at the end of the season. Whilst I think he is only average in tap outs as he is not particularly athletic he is a very good mark and I would say close to an elite finisher.

Clubs like Western Bulldogs and Carlton could use a bloke like him and even Brisbane Lions could get some value especially given their current ruck is always injured.

If we packaged up O'Rourke and Giles I reckon we could do a very interesting trade for an experienced player and draft pick that could be win/win.
Dogs ruck stocks are fairly solid at the moment, wouldn't be surprised if Campbell pushed Minson out for a couple of games in the back half of the season. If anything we would be looking for a young ruck although drafting or trading them when there ready to go is all the rage these days. I'm sure someone would be interested in Giles though.

Undoubtedly true. But I'm sure you can understand we get a bit weary of the twice weekly posts by different posters wanting gun X to be traded to their club. It may be that poster's first effort, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't the hundredth or more time we've had to go through the same rigmarole
Totally get that you guys are sick of people trying to pillage your list on BF, but you have been the biggest player in the last 2 trade weeks & will probably be the biggest in the next 2 too.
There are some interesting conversations to be had, if they can be had in the right spirit.
Try not to take it to personally, just be content that your players are so damned desirable to the rest of the competition.

Totally get that you guys are sick of people trying to pillage your list on BF, but you have been the biggest player in the last 2 trade weeks & will probably be the biggest in the next 2 too.
There are some interesting conversations to be had, if they can be had in the right spirit.
Try not to take it to personally, just be content that your players are so damned desirable to the rest of the competition.

We've all been quite reasonable about the players of the type that we have previously traded out - Whiley, JOR and Jaksch, for example.

The Shiel, Treloar, Cameron and Patton type rumours are just absolutely mind-numbing, so we don't feel the need to humour posters throwing those around quite so much.

We've all been quite reasonable about the players of the type that we have previously traded out - Whiley, JOR and Jaksch, for example.

The Shiel, Treloar, Cameron and Patton type rumours are just absolutely mind-numbing, so we don't feel the need to humour posters throwing those around quite so much.

Yes , some boards a very strong Shiel. Why who knows. I'm sure it will settle down when you start "becoming"

Roosy seems very relaxed about this latest Demon thrashing!!

Has the Petracca Cup begun??

You think they are going to be looking him? Maybe but Id guess if you offered a good 2 for 1 deal Roos would take kids ready to go.
What type do you think you'd be looking at , I would have Laverde would be tempting.

Kinda realised these would go to waste so I'll share them with those that might get a kick out of them.

Highlights of GWS Academy players for this year

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMd-2ImZ9wyD3WR4Cj9CpQfWOmPFzyWOz

Personally think both Steele and Finlayson will be good players, especially the latter. Hope they end up delivering for you guys :)

Kinda realised these would go to waste so I'll share them with those that might get a kick out of them.

Highlights of GWS Academy players for this year

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMd-2ImZ9wyD3WR4Cj9CpQfWOmPFzyWOz

Personally think both Steele and Finlayson will be good players, especially the latter. Hope they end up delivering for you guys :)
Thanks for this. Yes, both like alright in those snippets. Steele certainly looks to have some poise and some strength around the packs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sammy Rowe on SEN this morning let it slip that we had just signed a 'runner named Fraser' - perhaps trying to do a Bliclavs-type thing... Very interesting...

He will only be a bargain if other clubs don't want him and he falls to us as a rookie/4th rounder. I wouldn't be surprised to see us go NSW heavy this draft. Steele, finlayson, Griffith, coughlan

hey guys. i understand your angst about the crap rumours that arise everytime some mug journo needs a story in a slow news week (and then numbskull BF posters seeking to clarify if the rumour that jeff from the bottle shop told them about treloar, JOR, jon patton is true)

i have a (genuine) question regarding GWS' general approach to the offseason. what do you think your needs are and how do you best go about addressing them?

do you need more established bodies? a star? continue to go to the draft and spread the age of your list? downtrade / 'dom tyson' trade? picks for players? (not interested in taking about specific players or trades, just the needs and the approach).

eg. i think our mob will go to the draft with early picks, where our focus will be on a HBF / midfielder with sound decision making, footskills and some toe. we'll try to attract a young <24 KPF as a trade or FA, and if we strike out (which is likely), draft one.

cheers.

hey guys. i understand your angst about the crap rumours that arise everytime some mug journo needs a story in a slow news week (and then numbskull BF posters seeking to clarify if the rumour that jeff from the bottle shop told them about treloar, JOR, jon patton is true)

i have a (genuine) question regarding GWS' general approach to the offseason. what do you think your needs are and how do you best go about addressing them?

do you need more established bodies? a star? continue to go to the draft and spread the age of your list? downtrade / 'dom tyson' trade? picks for players? (not interested in taking about specific players or trades, just the needs and the approach).

eg. i think our mob will go to the draft with early picks, where our focus will be on a HBF / midfielder with sound decision making, footskills and some toe. we'll try to attract a young <24 KPF as a trade or FA, and if we strike out (which is likely), draft one.

cheers.
I have my own opinion on what should happen in the offseason.

But the Giants have shown to be pretty random when it comes to trades and such (besides first year).

They will only take high draft picks and proven players because they don't need anything else. They don't particularly need anything besides their young players to mature.

No more addison, gilhams, ohailphins or hunts to be introduced because the team really needs to settle.

GWS fans - thoughts on picking up Brian Lake - yay or nay & would it be realistic to land him???

cheers.

An established body, whilst useful, will prevent a younger talented player from getting a start... which consequently starts up the rumour mill, where that player "has demanded to be traded for lack of opportunity". - So probably not interested.

A star player is much more desirable. They're the sort of player who holds the team together. From our last years trading, Mumford and Shaw are examples of this (i.e. we really see the gaping hole left when they're not there).

If GWS is going after a star, it would almost certainly be in the defensive department. Otherwise, my guess is going to be spreading of the age of the list via the draft.

An established body, whilst useful, will prevent a younger talented player from getting a start... which consequently starts up the rumour mill, where that player "has demanded to be traded for lack of opportunity". - So probably not interested.

A star player is much more desirable. They're the sort of player who holds the team together. From our last years trading, Mumford and Shaw are examples of this (i.e. we really see the gaping hole left when they're not there).

If GWS is going after a star, it would almost certainly be in the defensive department. Otherwise, my guess is going to be spreading of the age of the list via the draft.

best available at each pick? with the depth and breadth of your talent pool, would you draft according to needs (eg. good backline players)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back