ASADA Enquiry to bring down AFL Leadership -- Roy Masters

Remove this Banner Ad

Roy deflecting attention away from trifling issues as domestic violence, beastiality and pissing in your own mouth

Unfortunately Roy Masters is right. The AFL actively encourages cheating by their actions, on the proviso that you don't hurt the brand. If you get caught and hurt the brand then the AFL has to slap you with a wet feather. For example:

The AFL allow salary cap cheating for Sydney, Gold Coast and GWS but not the rest of the comp. If you get caught though salary cap cheating then the AFL will slap you over the wrist. Unlike the NRL who take away premierships, when Essendon were found to be salary cap cheating in their premiership year the AFL didn't have the balls to take away Essendon's flag because of the brand.

The AFL allow drugs to be used. They allow players to do drugs but if they get caught 3 times they will likely suspend the player but pretend they are injured... to "protect the brand". They don't even tell the clubs the player has tested positive to drugs and pretend it's about "privacy" when really it's about preventing leaks and protecting the brand.

The AFL promote tanking with the draft pick system, yet will never admit tanking actually exists even though blind Freddy could see it does. If they do find a club tanks (eg Melbourne) they will fine them $500,000 but tell the world they aren't fining them for tanking... because that hurts the brand.

I hope the AFL commission does go down. Probably since early 2000s the AFL has been unbalanced. The AFL decided it was more important gifting Brisbane and Sydney premierships because it meant more $$$$ in their pockets in TV rights. It's time we had a clean out.

Unfortunately Roy Masters is right. The AFL actively encourages cheating by their actions, on the proviso that you don't hurt the brand. If you get caught and hurt the brand then the AFL has to slap you with a wet feather. For example:
And you could almost have added the EFC supplements saga- if not for the ACC and ASADA getting involved.

1 hour since OP.....Roy Masters name in the title ........ and still no sign of fabulousphil ;)

:eek:

thanks, just saw it ;)

Don't want to dissapoint anyone so here goes ....

RL Columnist Roy Masters, yes that is correct, RL columnist, missing a stack between 2012 and now, but i guess people get the idea.

Couple of new ones from ROY

Only the AFL could force one government body to investigate another government body at a cost of $500,000.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...rugs-dramas-20140718-zuk4o.html#ixzz37zLCHzqd

And Roys bold new prediction, yes thats right, it is his bold prediction, how bold of Roy to predict that :rolleyes:

A bold prediction: the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority inquiry into peptide use at Essendon and Cronulla will eventually bring down the AFL leadership, while the reputation of the NRL will be enhanced, particularly with government
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...report-card-20140718-ztv97.html#ixzz37zLyxcT8

btw, Toadie used to kill it at the Terminus on Vic Street when it was still the orginal pre-hipster pre-craft venue and still had a frame up of Ho Chi Minh. Lotta like the Great Britain (Swan st/Church St) before the farkin hipsters moved in

In the 80s that pub had the stickiest carpet in Melbourne!

Used to drink there in the '80's and there were a couple of times I thought I wouldn't make it out alive. Was back in Melbourne this weekend and walked past it earlier today and brought back some fond memories of when I was a young pisshead student and footy player.

Used to drink there in the '80's and there were a couple of times I thought I wouldn't make it out alive. Was back in Melbourne this weekend and walked past it earlier today and brought back some fond memories of when I was a young pisshead student and footy player.
GB?

Campbell owned the Swan Hotel 100 metres up on the corner. dont know when he got out.

The AFL allow salary cap cheating for Sydney, Gold Coast and GWS but not the rest of the comp. If you get caught though salary cap cheating then the AFL will slap you over the wrist. Unlike the NRL who take away premierships, when Essendon were found to be salary cap cheating in their premiership year the AFL didn't have the balls to take away Essendon's flag because of the brand.

The AFL allow drugs to be used. They allow players to do drugs but if they get caught 3 times they will likely suspend the player but pretend they are injured... to "protect the brand". They don't even tell the clubs the player has tested positive to drugs and pretend it's about "privacy" when really it's about preventing leaks and protecting the brand.

The AFL promote tanking with the draft pick system, yet will never admit tanking actually exists even though blind Freddy could see it does. If they do find a club tanks (eg Melbourne) they will fine them $500,000 but tell the world they aren't fining them for tanking... because that hurts the brand.

I hope the AFL commission does go down. Probably since early 2000s the AFL has been unbalanced. The AFL decided it was more important gifting Brisbane and Sydney premierships because it meant more $$$$ in their pockets in TV rights. It's time we had a clean out.
Vlad knew what was happening at Essendon in 2012.

Just look at the Kim Duthie stuff, they tried to hush that up before she let loose with the dick pics, and then gave her a bagful of cash and told her to tell the world she made the whole thing up.

Vlad knew what was happening at Essendon in 2012.

Just look at the Kim Duthie stuff, they tried to hush that up before she let loose with the dick pics, and then gave her a bagful of cash and told her to tell the world she made the whole thing up.

Don't forget they sent in one of their most trusted operatives to see if everything was above board…

ricky_nixon_undies300x400_18h0jnv-18h0k6a.jpg

Don't forget they sent in one of their most trusted operatives to see if everything was above board…

View attachment 69088
LOL.

Vlad must still be amazed with the ease that that entire saga was wrapped up.

"Here's the sum of cash you'll receive, now we've organised a TV spot, all you have to do is say that you were never pregnant and you made the whole thing up and the transfer will happen as soon as it goes to air."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Article reads like a LU post. Full of what Roy desperately wishes will happen. The last line about Government funding especially. We've had 2 new stadiums built, funding for the upgrade of 3 existing stadiums, and a new one just announced. Of course we're going to get less funding in the next few years, there's nothing bloody left to build....

ironic. essendon are taking afl to court and yet everyone will be removed from afl because they tried to sweep it under carpet or manufacture a more favourable outcome.

viva la soccer.

Nah... "sweeping it under the carpet" would have been letting Essendon know, telling them to shred everything and play dumb if ASADA come knocking (like every other club did when this broke).

They tried to manage it as opposed to sweeping it... "Self report" and make sure everything "looked good"... Like they were cooperating.

The AFL weren't protecting Essendon, the were protecting the AFL, as is their job.

They tripped themselves up in the process, now both sides (Essendon and ASADA) are out for them.

It's standard AFL procedure, try to be everything to everyone.

Article reads like a LU post. Full of what Roy desperately wishes will happen. The last line about Government funding especially. We've had 2 new stadiums built, funding for the upgrade of 3 existing stadiums, and a new one just announced. Of course we're going to get less funding in the next few years, there's nothing bloody left to build....

How must credit do you give the AFL, plenty it appears, are you fair dinkum?

Masters has a good pedigree in journalistic terms.

Which has been steadily eroded and crushed under the weight of the chip on his shoulder re: Australian Football.

How must credit do you give the AFL, plenty it appears, are you fair dinkum?

New Stadiums Built: Skoda, Metricon
Upgrades: Skilled, Adelaide Oval, SCG
New stadium about to commence: Perth.

You don't think maybe the AFL had a bit of a hand in securing the infrastrucure funding for the above projects? Or were all of these projects being funded the result og happenstance and luck that occured without any AFL involvement?

Nah... "sweeping it under the carpet" would have been letting Essendon know, telling them to shred everything and play dumb if ASADA come knocking (like every other club did when this broke).

They tried to manage it as opposed to sweeping it... "Self report" and make sure everything "looked good"... Like they were cooperating.

The AFL weren't protecting Essendon, the were protecting the AFL, as is their job.

They tripped themselves up in the process, now both sides (Essendon and ASADA) are out for them.

Haha, sounds like they tried to sweep it under the carpet and then when they knew they couldn't they tried to manage it

btw, Toadie used to kill it at the Terminus on Vic Street when it was still the orginal pre-hipster pre-craft venue and still had a frame up of Ho Chi Minh. Lotta like the Great Britain (Swan st/Church St) before the farkin hipsters moved in

I remember the Terminus when it was pre-Ho Chi Minh, just a shitty tradies pub, still first time I tripped I went there, was an experience been off your eyeballs....

As for the Great Britain, it used to be a heroin shithole, I think the owner at the time got done selling gear in the basement....still was cool in a seedy kind of way.....ah the times are changin'....

I remember the Terminus when it was pre-Ho Chi Minh, just a shitty tradies pub, still first time I tripped I went there, was an experience been off your eyeballs....

As for the Great Britain, it used to be a heroin shithole, I think the owner at the time got done selling gear in the basement....still was cool in a seedy kind of way.....ah the times are changin'....

so, you woulda been competing against evo for skirt there in those places. I dont think you woulda been concerned, hes a low altitude flyer

Terminus has moved from Victoria St up to Clifton Hill. Now exclusively hipster 10buck craft beer w@nkery.

hey hey Chief, he of unmatched wisdom, w@nker is swear filtered. chrissakes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back