Opinion Mick Malthouse

What is the next move on Mick?

• Sack him immediately; replacement coach to see out the year.

Votes: 192 48.9%
  • Let him coach out the year then show him the door.

Votes: 70 17.8%
  • Sign him now to give coaches and players some direction.

Votes: 81 20.6%
  • Not sure yet... still too angry to think clearly.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but I think the damage was done for at least some of the players during the incident. Plus many players don't actually listen to the half time message.
Chris Judd in his mid week press conference last week said he wasn't even aware there was an incident between mick and Lingy until when he saw it on tv either the next day or the day after. To suggest what Mick said to Ling had an effect on the players is utter nonsense. And if by chance any players did hear it and we're affected by it, then they need to take a good hard look at themselves and ask themselves are they really cut out for professional football. Seriously.

His disdain for Stevens has been very evident for at least the past 2 seasons, that's what I have noticed anyway.

Probably goes even further back.
It actually goes way, way back to Mick's time at collingwood.
Something about Stevens saying he was betraying West Coast.
Stevens seems quite proud of it which is weird.

Not true, you need to represent the club properly. I really don't see what the issue is, the club themselves have spoken to him about it, it's a no brainer. Re your point about being in the top four, Mick behaves immaturely when he loses so no you are wrong IMO.
You've either never had anything to do with the media or you're a journalist trying to throw mud but either way you're posting agenda driven rubbish. The more people that call the media out for the lying, conniving, manipulative low lives they are the better and it's the last thing he should be criticised for.

His job is to win games, he's not doing it at the moment and it's fair to judge him on that but he would not be getting the same negative attention if we were in the top four, simple as that.

Of course he wouldn't because he doesn't behave that way when he wins.

I love the way when someone gives an opinion contrary to popular belief they're labelled a troll or told they have an agenda, post is rubbish etc. Not everyone is willing to accept his silly behaviour, doesn't bother me that much as I've already said, I'm just pointing out the obvious, which is he can stop it and it will all go away. I agree the media are a bunch of hypocrites and lowlifes, time for Mick to turn the other cheek and show he's above all that stuff. Until he does I do not feel sorry for him one iota.

It's an opinion mate, if you can't handle it don't post in forums.

Last edited:
Of course he wouldn't because he doesn't behave that way when he wins.

I love the way when someone gives an opinion contrary to popular belief they're labelled a troll or told they have an agenda, post is rubbish etc. Not everyone is willing to accept his silly behaviour, doesn't bother me that much as I've already said, I'm just pointing out the obvious, which is he can stop it and it will all go away.

It's an opinion mate, if you can't handle it don't post in forums.
And other people have theirs - mate - so if you can't accept it don't post in forums.

And other people have theirs - mate - so if you can't accept it don't post in forums.

Are you all there? Seriously? I'm not the one calling the posts rubbish mate. That's in fact what you yourself are doing. It's like you're not happy for freedom of speech unless it goes along with your opinion. I'm happy for everyone to have their opinion, posters like yourself and the one above are not. Calling posts garbage suggests you do not have a reasonable response. It's grade 5 stuff.

Why are you still telling people not to post on forums if they don't like another opinion, when you are doing exactly the same? You've had your tedious say, people have read your frustrations and inability to sway them. You think MM behaves the way he does blah blah blah - others disagree. You don't seem to be able to let it go. Are you an arse clown can I ask?

Why are you still telling people not to post on forums if they don't like another opinion, when you are doing exactly the same? You've had your tedious say, people have read your frustrations and inability to sway them. You think MM behaves the way he does blah blah blah - others disagree. You don't seem to be able to let it go. Are you an arse clown can I ask?

Thy, why do you and your mates do this type of thing. The bloke brings a perfectly logical opinion to the board and is attacked.
Why can you not see that he is offering opinion and being attacked personally. I, and many others experience the same. Most are chased off of here as you of the "group think" circle the wagons to preserve the status quo.

So many of you empower each other, piss in each others pockets, talk absolute crap and perpetuate nonsensical conversations. People like Ellas Ellas and myself are happy to accept your opinions. The fact that we don't agree does not mean we should shut up or disappear. You made a personal attack on the back of one from Sin City, however I very much doub t that our vaunted mods will do anything to censure you. The worst that will happen is that your post will disappear. This is not an even playing field.

Thy, why do you and your mates do this type of thing. The bloke brings a perfectly logical opinion to the board and is attacked.
Why can you not see that he is offering opinion and being attacked personally. I, and many others experience the same. Most are chased off of here as you of the "group think" circle the wagons to preserve the status quo.

So many of you empower each other, piss in each others pockets, talk absolute crap and perpetuate nonsensical conversations. People like Ellas Ellas and myself are happy to accept your opinions. The fact that we don't agree does not mean we should shut up or disappear. You made a personal attack on the back of one from Sin City, however I very much doub t that our vaunted mods will do anything to censure you. The worst that will happen is that your post will disappear. This is not an even playing field.
I mostly don't give a s**t either way, CB. It's this incessant need to sway someone elses opinion after coming out with arrogant smartarse stuff like "It's an opinion mate, if you can't handle it don't post in forums" that annoys me. Know when you've had your say and let it go - which this EE poster seems to have finally done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

@thylacine60

You expect someone to have their post quoted, told it's rubbish and not respond? More to the point my response was fair enough, I did not respond with the same personal attack I copped.

You're not being very reasonable at all.

Last edited:
You made a personal attack on the back of one from Sin City, however I very much doub t that our vaunted mods will do anything to censure you. The worst that will happen is that your post will disappear. This is not an even playing field.

Steady on. It's not as though there is a group that gets posts deleted and a group that gets infracted. We are talking levels here. You couldn't possibly know if the posters you are addressing have ever been infracted in here. You also wouldn't know if a potentially infraction worthy post from those you agree with, has just been deleted instead. These mod jibes based on limited information get a little tedious (not talking you specifically, but in general).

As for SC's post, suggesting somebody is posting agenda driven rubbish, while confrontational, is addressing the posting, not the person. Fine line between personal criticism and posting criticism. i.e That post is idiotic vs You are an idiot.

I had a post of mine deleted the other day where I pointed out a poster had contradicted themselves. There's definitely one sided moderating or should I call it 'protective moderating' going on.

You've either never had anything to do with the media or you're a journalist trying to throw mud but either way you're posting agenda driven rubbish. The more people that call the media out for the lying, conniving, manipulative low lives they are the better and it's the last thing he should be criticised for.

His job is to win games, he's not doing it at the moment and it's fair to judge him on that but he would not be getting the same negative attention if we were in the top four, simple as that.
isnt it as simple as this

if a coach win lose or draw put on the happy face per se and didnt bite back and "played their game" after months if not seasons they wouldnt bait anymore. so really the power is in his hands he just chooses not to play the smart game. but hey, noones perfect, ho hum.

I had a post of mine deleted the other day where I pointed out a poster had contradicted themselves. There's definitely one sided moderating or should I call it 'protective moderating' going on.

In your opinion.

You've been here 5 minutes ... as far as we know. You haven't had time to make such assertions. We 'protect' nobody.

isnt it as simple as this

if a coach win lose or draw put on the happy face per se and didnt bite back and "played their game" after months if not seasons they wouldnt bait anymore. so really the power is in his hands he just chooses not to play the smart game. but hey, noones perfect, ho hum.

I reckon the media baited Ratten quite a lot. What was his demeanour like?

from my memory rattens media play was pretty good. What has Ratten got to do with the issue though? is he still at hawks?

Do you need me to spell it out or are you actively trying to be a smartarse?

Ratten was good with the media. Calm and methodical. The media still baited him.

You suggested that if Mick was better with the media, the baiting would stop. I disagree. They test the waters on anything that can apply pressure, that might elicit a negative response, especially when a team is struggling.

Nice try. Next time try not play the poor victim card - it doesn't suit you.

Upon quick inspection I found a post of yours which was deleted a few days ago.

Generally we make a rule not to discuss our actions in the open but I'll make an exception this time.

Your post was deleted because you attacked another poster. I think you'll find that we'd have deleted a post of that nature regardless of who posted it, what their opinions were, or how many posts they've made.

So yes, you're right. It was a case of protective moderating. We protect the right of each Carlton supporter to come onto this board and post their opinions, and take the appropriate actions if someone posts a personal attack in response.

If you have an issue with the way this board - or any other, for that matter - is moderated, you are encouraged to take it up with the appropriate moderators via the appropriate channels. Airing your frustrations with regard to moderation out in the open is frowned upon and strongly discouraged, but we're always prepared to have a chat in private. If you'd prefer to break the rules, however, you open yourself up to the consequences which may follow.

Up to you.

Do you need me to spell it out or are you actively trying to be a smartarse?

Ratten was good with the media. Calm and methodical. The media still baited him.

You suggested that if Mick was better with the media, the baiting would stop. I disagree. They test the waters on anything that can apply pressure, that might elicit a negative response, especially when a team is struggling.
what im confused??

Media baited Ratts (btw not a ratts coach fan very much a player fan) but he was very professional and good on him top class. If Mick played the game you say they wouldnt stop, i disagree, cause mick has never played the media game so thats an unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back