Opinion Mick Malthouse

What is the next move on Mick?

• Sack him immediately; replacement coach to see out the year.

Votes: 192 48.9%
  • Let him coach out the year then show him the door.

Votes: 70 17.8%
  • Sign him now to give coaches and players some direction.

Votes: 81 20.6%
  • Not sure yet... still too angry to think clearly.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
what im confused??

Media baited Ratts (btw not a ratts coach fan very much a player fan) but he was very professional and good on him top class. If Mick played the game you say they wouldnt stop, i disagree, cause mick has never played the media game so thats an unknown.

Ratten was good with the media and they still baited him. Why do you think that if Mick was good with the media, they would cease baiting him? The leopard doesn't change its spots because you are nice. It smells blood and it moves in. You can continue to be nice if you like or you can attack them back ... either way the story is still getting printed and the baiting questions asked.

Nice try. Next time try not play the poor victim card - it doesn't suit you.
So yes, you're right. It was a case of protective moderating. We protect the right of each Carlton supporter to come onto this board and post their opinions, and take the appropriate actions if someone posts a personal attack in response.

Obviously I'm the exception here. Your post alone is subjective. Speaks volumes.

Obviously I'm the exception here.

Nope. There are no exceptions.

If you have an issue with a particular post, report it and we'll deal with it privately.

Every Carlton supporter is encouraged to come here and share their opinions. There are, however, rules which we expect each poster to follow. If they don't, actions will be taken.

If Mick just pushed aside his ego and behaved normally this would go away just as quick as it came up. Does anyone disagree with this?

Has nothing to do with his ego.

Not dissimilar to a lot of people he doesn't like answering stupid questions and being baited. In Mick's eyes the media are there for a quote or a headline and have little interest in anything else.

Mick is strong willed and will back his convictions to the death and because of this he will always struggle to, as he sees it, compromise himself to appease the media. However he's been fighting a battle he will never win so he really needs to take this on the chin and improve his situation by accepting that this will always be the case and that if he just plays the media game most of this crap will just disappear. He will never escape scrutiny but he could certainly reduce the volume of mindless chatter.

The best we could hope for is that Mick wins the massive internal struggle with his principals and presents himself to the media in a nice shade of grey.

The team winning more than losing will certainly assist him in this area.

Ratten was good with the media and they still baited him. Why do you think that if Mick was good with the media, they would cease baiting him? The leopard doesn't change its spots because you are nice. It smells blood and it moves in. You can continue to be nice if you like or you can attack them back ... either way the story is still getting printed and the baiting questions asked.
true, i just think its part of the job and the ratt did a fine one of it with this respect. i mean heck if i had to be nice for 10 mins to idiots for half a year to be awarded over 20 big ones a week, you know what i along with many would do it too.

Doesnt matter, lets move on.

true, i just think its part of the job and the ratt did a fine one of it with this respect. i mean heck if i had to be nice for 10 mins to idiots for half a year to be awarded over 20 big ones a week, you know what i along with many would do it too.

The media doesn't pay his wage so until Carlton make it a prerequisite of his job to suffer fools lightly, he'll call it as he sees it at the time. I'd like him to brush it off, but I'm not giving the media a free pass on this.

The media doesn't pay his wage so until Carlton make it a prerequisite of his job to suffer fools lightly, he'll call it as he sees it at the time. I'd like him to brush it off, but I'm not giving the media a free pass on this.
I really dont want to bang on about this, but your last sentance seemed to allign with what i have been saying. I dont think mick is a bad coach, ive only ever banged on about carlton and the brand/ image of carlton.
Mick is a professional coach, thats all, just a past player and a guy who coaches well. He doesnt have the same dreams of the club as i do, he might have dreams of getting players to new heights but he doesnt grin because he is wearing a navy, nope cause he is a professional coach. I woul;d like mick to take the annoying media seriouisly for a change, he is a professional coach who should act professional to media idiots because he gets paid to do so by the carlton FC
what is so harsh about that?
i can tell you if i acted like mick to clients who asked very very stupid questions about what i do, i know i would have my boss to asnswer to, fact of life deal with it Micky boy!

I really dont want to bang on about this, but your last sentance seemed to allign with what i have been saying. I dont think mick is a bad coach, ive only ever banged on about carlton and the brand/ image of carlton.
Mick is a professional coach, thats all, just a past player and a guy who coaches well. He doesnt have the same dreams of the club as i do, he might have dreams of getting players to new heights but he doesnt grin because he is wearing a navy, nope cause he is a professional coach. I woul;d like mick to take the annoying media seriouisly for a change, he is a professional coach who should act professional to media idiots because he gets paid to do so by the carlton FC
what is so harsh about that?
i can tell you if i acted like mick to clients who asked very very stupid questions about what i do, i know i would have my boss to asnswer to, fact of life deal with it Micky boy!

We're only aligned in that we think he should brush it off. We are not aligned in that only one of us keeps banging on about it, as though it is a real issue all of Mick's making. I reckon he can handle the media how he sees fit. They've done us no favours in the past so if he chooses not to play the game so be it. The AFL media are piranhas ... * 'em.

thought it interesting on ON the Couch last night, in regards to Mark Stevens' question. MIke Sheehan went into bat for Mark and his "legitimate question". Gerard and Chief pretty much just laughed at him

Funny that

Didn't 'The Judge' have a word and tell him to cool it? Isn't this exactly what we have been banging on about? 'The Judge' says it and gets a slap on the back, a few of us say it and get a slap in the face. Go figure.

Didn't 'The Judge' have a word and tell him to cool it? Isn't this exactly what we have been banging on about? 'The Judge' says it and gets a slap on the back, a few of us say it and get a slap in the face. Go figure.

This intrigues me. You seem to think you have an idea about how we operate behind doors and who has or hasn't been dealt with privately.

I'd ask you how you know this, but let me tell you something. You know nothing about what we do in private - which is exactly the way we want it to operate.

Unfortunately sometimes we have to call someone out in public but that is an extreme case rather than the norm. You've now been warned. Keep coming back at us with criticism about how we moderate and I'll be happy enough to break the rules we set to govern this board appropriately by letting everyone know you've earned yourself a break.

This intrigues me. You seem to think you have an idea about how we operate behind doors and who has or hasn't been dealt with privately.

I'd ask you how you know this, but let me tell you something. You know nothing about what we do in private - which is exactly the way we want it to operate.

Unfortunately sometimes we have to call someone out in public but that is an extreme case rather than the norm. You've now been warned. Keep coming back at us with criticism about how we moderate and I'll be happy enough to break the rules we set to govern this board appropriately by letting everyone know you've earned yourself a break.

Now you're confusing me. When I say 'The Judge' you do know I mean Mark Logiudice don't you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now you're confusing me. When I say 'The Judge' you do know I mean Mark Logiudice don't you?

Nothing to be confused about!

Of course he wouldn't because he doesn't behave that way when he wins.

I love the way when someone gives an opinion contrary to popular belief they're labelled a troll or told they have an agenda, post is rubbish etc. Not everyone is willing to accept his silly behaviour, doesn't bother me that much as I've already said, I'm just pointing out the obvious, which is he can stop it and it will all go away. I agree the media are a bunch of hypocrites and lowlifes, time for Mick to turn the other cheek and show he's above all that stuff. Until he does I do not feel sorry for him one iota.

It's an opinion mate, if you can't handle it don't post in forums.
Playing the victim doesn't help you either. You made an incorrect post and asked if anyone disagrees so don't act surprised when they do.

If Mick changed his attitude towards the media it wouldn't stop them writing crap about him one bit, it hasn't for millions of other people who have been bagged in the media either (as has been pointed out to you it certainly didn't help Ratten). I doubt you suffer fools any better than I or anyone else that posts here and you admit yourself that the media is full of hypocrites and lowlifes, a man has every right to defend himself against those types of people. If he had the team in the top four they would have nothing negative to write about him.

Those are the facts mate, if you can't handle them don't post in forums.

As for coona_blues suggesting I made a personal attack, it sure seems like he's still feeling the offended from Mitch Thorp not getting drafted by any team in the league last year. Let it go, it wasn't a decision made by the mods or the supposed clique on here to not draft him, stop acting like everyone is out to get you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back