News Trigg to be Carlton CEO.

Remove this Banner Ad

All good points but where was he two years ago? Too little, too late Bone.

Salient.

Anyone hear Kennett on Triple M this morning? He asked Roo what he would have done if he was on the board when Tippett-gate happened.

Roo said: "I would have found it very hard to keep him on."

That's probably the first time I've ever heard that from Roo.

Is anyone else starting to think that Roo's presence on the board may have fast-tracked this announcement?

Why isn't he in jail then?
And we've been through this before.

At the time you promised you'd read the AFL Commission's findings, you promised to understand them and you promised to remember them.

Yet here we are a month later, back to square one.

And we've been through this before.

At the time you promised you'd read the AFL Commission's findings, you promised to understand them and you promised to remember them.

Yet here we are a month later, back to square one.
So, he lied on a statutory declaration which is punishable by 4 years in jail, but he never went to jail. I'm pretty sure you never gave me the answer to that one. Anyways... he's gone, or at least on his way. Just let it go FFS.

I would hope to see some positive posting in here now that everyone has got what they want. I suspect though, that those hopes will not be fulfilled.

So, he lied on a statutory declaration which is punishable by 4 years in jail, but he never went to jail. I'm pretty sure you never gave me the answer to that one. Anyways... he's gone, or at least on his way. Just let it go FFS.

I would hope to see some positive posting in here now that everyone has got what they want. I suspect though, that those hopes will not be fulfilled.
LOL you are funny positive comments from this lot yeah right

did anyone watch 360 last night. I switched across about 10 mins in and they were focussing on the appointment. they then honed in on the "what does comes with afl approval mean?". it has been a bit of theme on the carlton board as well. they showed footage of some reporter asking the carlton chairman about the appointment, the tippet issue etc. the president responded, all ok, and lastly emphasised that it's very important to note that triggy comes with afl approval. the reporter blankly asked why he came with afl approval and the colour drained out of this blokes face and he looked stunned. had the reporter been any chop, he would have left the question at that or followed up with why are carlton so concerned about that. but, he then babbled on and gave the pres and out. it's worth having a look at, it was pretty funny.

this emphasis on 'afl approval' is interesting. not sure why it needs to keep being mentioned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

did anyone watch 360 last night. I switched across about 10 mins in and they were focussing on the appointment. they then honed in on the "what does comes with afl approval mean?". it has been a bit of theme on the carlton board as well. they showed footage of some reporter asking the carlton chairman about the appointment, the tippet issue etc. the president responded, all ok, and lastly emphasised that it's very important to note that triggy comes with afl approval. the reporter blankly asked why he came with afl approval and the colour drained out of this blokes face and he looked stunned. had the reporter been any chop, he would have left the question at that or followed up with why are carlton so concerned about that. but, he then babbled on and gave the pres and out. it's worth having a look at, it was pretty funny.

this emphasis on 'afl approval' is interesting. not sure why it needs to keep being mentioned.

Yes I thought it very strange too. Perhaps though, to do with the fact that he'd been in strife but AFL gave him their seal of approval now?

You start to feel sorry for Trigg and then he goes and opens his mouth. He really is a low life. I hope he never sets foot in the club again..
His name really is a stain on the history of the AFC.

“has zero to do with a minority of knockers".

“I am mindful of (how the Tippett saga) affected the club, my family. But I could not care less of that critique of me.”
Bingo.

He is desperate for the narrative to be: Successful CEO gets promotion to big Victorian Club - leaves AFC in great shape.

What he fears is the narrative: Failed CEO lost the faith of disillusioned supporter base - draft penalties to be felt for years.

The truth is probably part-way between these, more to the latter in my view.

Trigg is spinning the 'achievements' like crazy all the way out the door. Of course most of these are just the effects of the move to AO rather than testament to his managerial genius, but there'll be a chunk of the supporter group that will buy it. When Bone challenged 'the company line' Trigg's reaction was very telling.

They way he is attempting to leave while brushing off so lightly the Tippet saga and the loss of draft picks has disqualified him from any generosity of spirit, in my view. He's showing hubris to the bitter end.
The celebrations haven't been positive enough for you?
Yes the positivity is shining through

Salient.

Anyone hear Kennett on Triple M this morning? He asked Roo what he would have done if he was on the board when Tippett-gate happened.

Roo said: "I would have found it very hard to keep him on."

That's probably the first time I've ever heard that from Roo.

Is anyone else starting to think that Roo's presence on the board may have fast-tracked this announcement?

i'd guess that roo is just asking a lot of questions in areas that are of interest to him. he wouldn't be satisfied with bullshit responses and would be following up. that wouldn't be a particularly comfortable environment if you're an incompetent ceo with a few skeletons in the closet.

i'd guess that roo is just asking a lot of questions in areas that are of interest to him. he wouldn't be satisfied with bullshit responses and would be following up. that wouldn't be a particularly comfortable environment if you're an incompetent ceo with a few skeletons in the closet.

Roo should have been asking these questions nearly two years ago, but better late than never I guess.

Anybody remember this year, Roo saying if the club was 0-6, he'd come out with some information (or something along those lines..)?

would someone to have had to laid a complaint. if you and I entered into an arrangement that required me to sign a stat dec confirming certain information that turned out to be fabricated by me, would I be in jail. would your first port of call to be call the police and demand justice or would you consider using that as a bargaining chip in our current or future dealings. I've signed false stat decs and I haven't gone to jail. hell, send me a stat dec stating that I have never signed a false stat dec and I'll sign that one too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back