News Trigg to be Carlton CEO.

Remove this Banner Ad

You start to feel sorry for Trigg and then he goes and opens his mouth. He really is a low life. I hope he never sets foot in the club again..
His name really is a stain on the history of the AFC.

“has zero to do with a minority of knockers".

“I am mindful of (how the Tippett saga) affected the club, my family. But I could not care less of that critique of me.”

You start to feel sorry for Trigg and then he goes and opens his mouth. He really is a low life. I hope he never sets foot in the club again..

“I am mindful of (how the Tippett saga) affected the club, my family. But I could not care less of that critique of me.”
Bullshit triggy, the way you arked up tonight to bone, you care alot.

Not only that, he takes it all personally, like a pre teen girl..

You must have some information that I'm not privy to.

The Switkowski report is easy to find.

He oversaw a campaign of human experimentation. He should never be involved in professional sport again.

"The irregular practices Evans had previously alluded were fully detailed.

They included ''rapid diversification into exotic supplements'', an increased number of injections, use of off-site injection rooms, the emergence of ''unfamiliar suppliers'' and the marginalisation of traditional medical staff.

It combined ''to create a disturbing picture of a pharmacologically experimental environment never adequately controlled or challenged or documented within the club''.

In other words, the players were being used as guinea pigs."

THe definition of megalomania ^^^^^

The Switkowski report is easy to find.

He oversaw a campaign of human experimentation. He should never be involved in professional sport again.

"The irregular practices Evans had previously alluded were fully detailed.

They included ''rapid diversification into exotic supplements'', an increased number of injections, use of off-site injection rooms, the emergence of ''unfamiliar suppliers'' and the marginalisation of traditional medical staff.

It combined ''to create a disturbing picture of a pharmacologically experimental environment never adequately controlled or challenged or documented within the club''.

In other words, the players were being used as guinea pigs."

I think you're wrong in the hi-lighted part. The experiments would have been very well controlled. They would have had to know exactly what every individual player was injected with, how much and how often. That is the only way they would know what was working and what wasn't.
But, conveniently, after the AFL CEO notified them of the impending ASADA raid, they lost all their records.
Their belief that ASADA not knowing what was injected is better for them than showing what was injected is beyond redemption.
The fact that they may even get away with it, is more vile.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trigg is filth. Elitist full of himself, low achievement, low talent, cheating scum

I feel better now :)

As we've seen, an incompetent man who has a heightened opinion of himself is a dangerous beast man when he is in charge of anything.

One of the worst sporting administrators this state has seen.

Under normal circumstances Trigg being sourced and employed by Carlton would be classified as underhanded 'poaching'. Has there been even one irate outburst in this vein?

None. Which speaks volumes about the people who don't care we've lost him. You can talk about BigFooty being a focussed group of haterz if you like, but the fact that no-one is speaking up about how it's not fair Carlton have poached our CEO gives you all the evidence you need as to how the supporter base really thinks about Trigg.

What is the basis for calling Trigg a salary cap cheat? My understanding of the issue is that certain payments were not declared but the cap was not exceeded. Why he should do this is totally beyond me, and smacks of shady dealings, but if this is the case, did he cheat? (I'm more dirty on him over the Rendell witch hunt.)

Listening to Steven I thought at first no way they Smart will get the job... by the end though I wasn't so sure.

So really, they have to hire from within the circle...(the AFL circle) because the person has to have AFL knowledge. I'd like to see them be bold and break that requirement. They've got Roo and Smart there with the footy nous. Do they need another?

It doesn't seem like that sensible a requirement to me. Particularly limiting when you would think many of the most talented executives in the nation would be outside of the football industry.

I think it would be better to have a brilliant executive who adapt to the football industry than an experienced football official trying to learn to be an executive.

What is the basis for calling Trigg a salary cap cheat? My understanding of the issue is that certain payments were not declared but the cap was not exceeded. Why he should do this is totally beyond me, and smacks of shady dealings, but if this is the case, did he cheat? (I'm more dirty on him over the Rendell witch hunt.)

He signed a stat dec for the AFL that said all the terms of the club's contract with Tippett are in the contract copy being sent to the AFL. That was not true. They had an agreement to top up Tippet's pay if he didnt achieve a certain amount in commercial sponsorship.

Having an agreement like this with Tippet is stupid = incompetent management.
Concealing it from the AFL is deliberately dishonest = cheating the AFL rules (in intent, even if the top up was not needed in practice).

Trigg's 'defence' is so disingenuous when you know what he actually did.

Bingo.

He is desperate for the narrative to be: Successful CEO gets promotion to big Victorian Club - leaves AFC in great shape.

What he fears is the narrative: Failed CEO lost the faith of disillusioned supporter base - draft penalties to be felt for years.

The truth is probably part-way between these, more to the latter in my view.

Trigg is spinning the 'achievements' like crazy all the way out the door. Of course most of these are just the effects of the move to AO rather than testament to his managerial genius, but there'll be a chunk of the supporter group that will buy it. When Bone challenged 'the company line' Trigg's reaction was very telling.

They way he is attempting to leave while brushing off so lightly the Tippet saga and the loss of draft picks has disqualified him from any generosity of spirit, in my view. He's showing hubris to the bitter end.

The fact that the club had to constantly delete post after post after post on its facebook page says plenty.

Paint a pretty picture all you want, and screen those calls 5AA.

Run with that "small minority" line all you want Trigg, Chapman, Rowey etc. It's bloody hilarious.

He signed a stat dec for the AFL that said all the terms of the club's contract with Tippett are in the contract copy being sent to the AFL. That was not true. .

Did he really do that? If so he's committed a criminal offence.

Penalties for making a false declaration

Under section 11 of the Statutory Declarations Act 1959, the penalty for making a false statement in a statutory declaration is four years imprisonment.

Did he really do that? If so he's committed a criminal offence.

Penalties for making a false declaration

Under section 11 of the Statutory Declarations Act 1959, the penalty for making a false statement in a statutory declaration is four years imprisonment.
So, clearly he DIDN'T do that or he would be in jail.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back