AFL's rubbery white shorts policy

Remove this Banner Ad

Why aren't Collingwood wearing their traditional jumper today (the white one with black stripes)?

It looks so much better than the black one when they wear white shorts and increases the contrast between the sides.

It's pretty disappointing seeing as they got it right last night with Carlton wearing the navy shorts. That being said they got it wrong that afternoon with St Kilda in White shorts vs North, St Kilda in Black shorts would have created the greater contrast even with North in the Blue Shorts.

Seems to me that the policy the AFL used is flawed as is their selective adherence to it.

EDIT: Is it just me or are the stripes on the back of Collingwood's jumper getting longer?

Last edited:
Why aren't Collingwood wearing their traditional jumper today (the white one with black stripes)?

It looks so much better than the black one when they wear white shorts and increases the contrast between the sides.

It's pretty disappointing seeing as they got it right last night with Carlton wearing the navy shorts. That being said they got it wrong that afternoon with St Kilda in White shorts vs North, St Kilda in Black shorts would have created the greater contrast even with North in the Blue Shorts.

Seems to me that the policy the AFL used is flawed as is their selective adherence to it.

EDIT: Is it just me or are the stripes on the back of Collingwood's jumper getting longer?

correct , when eddie changed the jumper he created clashes where there were none

correct , when eddie changed the jumper he created clashes where there were none
To be honest I'm not to fussed with the Black with white stripes, but it should only be worn with black shorts. They have the white with black stripes for a reason.

That being said Eddie is hypocritical when he goes on about traditional jumpers seeing as he was the one who changed his and created a lot more clashes.

In another sign of the pure incompetence of the AFL on this issue, West Coast will be forced to wear our piece of s**t clash white jumper against Richmond tomorrow night

What's wrong with wings?!

Apologies for our piss weak clash jumper too.

Club chose to wear the white clash rather than the wings when given the choice between the two, apparently:
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-at-home-against-richmond-20140724-zwin9.html

The thing that gets me is that is just about the first time I've heard/seen any of the AFL's weekly ridiculous team uniform decisions brought up in any form of the media. It's not the biggest issue in the game, but I'd say that it's unquestionably the easiest one to fix. If AFL360 or any of the other Monday night shows spent a couple of minutes going over the idiocy/inconsistencies of the AFL's policy on a weekly basis, the league would get fair dinkum about it in quick time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems bigfooty can create an answer by the AFL/Richmond can't.

Found this on the Richmond board credit Mowse. Would work a treat wouldn't it?
richclash_mowse.jpg

Yeah that's complete bullshit, it's Richmond's responsibility to have a suitable kit to wear in away games vs West Coast's Home kit.

It's just a repeat of the St Kilda vs Essendon fiasco where we had to wear our clash strip at home games. The AFL should fine Richmond for not having a suitable kit and provide them with a default plain white kit to wear, no sponsor or club logos, just the AFL logo and numbers.

Club chose to wear the white clash rather than the wings when given the choice between the two, apparently:
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-at-home-against-richmond-20140724-zwin9.html

Did you read past the 2nd paragraph?

The club denies that version of events.

"No, we didn't have a choice," said West Coast communications manager Gary Stocks. "We aren't happy with the current situation."

I'm the last person who would ever stick up for the eagles, but this is a disgraceful display of VFL mentality. If Richmond can't provide an appropriate jumper for an away game they should be made to play in fluoro pink.

I'm the last person who would ever stick up for the eagles, but this is a disgraceful display of VFL mentality. If Richmond can't provide an appropriate jumper for an away game they should be made to play in fluoro pink.

I get what you're saying, but no. It's actually worse. Because Richmond has a team in the VFL this season and...well...

The article's changed since I posted it: note that if you hover over the link I posted, even the headline at the time I posted the link was about West Coast "choosing" to wear the white jumper. What "the AFL told Fairfax Media" (second paragraph of the revised article) is actually what was published as fact when I posted that link - presumably the Eagles have since clarified the matter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back