Watson to Hird: Don't come back in 2014.

Remove this Banner Ad

So Albert returns and Essendon tells him to piss off... too funny!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Albert Thurgood. A great of the Essendon Football Club. You do our club credit to recognise him.

He'd talk to Hird. Of course he will. He never said "I'll talk to Hirdy and work out what he's doing when he gets back to the club". That was assumed by the media.
He was asked by Anthony Hudson on AFL360 "Have you worked out what role James is going to play" Thompson "um, no. Not exactly - he comes back pretty soon so we will have a chat"

38.20 minutes in.

He was asked by Anthony Hudson on AFL360 "Have you worked out what role James is going to play" Thompson "um, no. Not exactly - he comes back pretty soon so we will have a chat"

38.20 minutes in.

Seems to me to be an answer designed to allow for wiggle room. "Not exactly" could mean that it was all worked out at the start of the year but Bomber wanted to give himself room as opposed to giving a definitive answer that could later be turned on him if people's minds had changed or circumstances changed or what not.

I don't know any of that of course, just speculating. I eagerly anticipate cries of being a Hird fanboy or whatever.

Seems to me to be an answer designed to allow for wiggle room. "Not exactly" could mean that it was all worked out at the start of the year but Bomber wanted to give himself room as opposed to giving a definitive answer that could later be turned on him if people's minds had changed or circumstances changed or what not.

I don't know any of that of course, just speculating. I eagerly anticipate cries of being a Hird fanboy or whatever.

Come on now, if it was set in stone 5 months ago it was set it stone. He could have easily said the club and Hird have made a decision that he cannot discuss at the moment, his focus is the players etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hirdy not allowed in the coaches box, lol.

Would love to see Hird be told not to coach ever again in the AFL. He should take the rest of the year off. Yes be involved in some other role with Essendon. Maybe look at him being the coach of the VFL team or something like that. Let Bomber take control with the senior team. Hird could even be the list manager or something like that.

They had a board meeting last night to do with James Hird and his role.
Damien Barrett was out the front reporting it for the afl footy show last night.
His ego won't allow him to do anything else other than coach the senior team.

Love how Bombers supporters think they're so brave and noble with their whole "us against the world" mindset. As long as Hird is at Essendon they will remain football's biggest joke and the rest of us will keep on laughing.

Love how Bombers supporters think they're so brave and noble with their whole "us against the world" mindset. As long as Hird is at Essendon they will remain football's biggest joke and the rest of us will keep on laughing.
Was good of Hird to put the club first and decide without any prompting from Bomber, Little or any of the Board to take no part in the coaching for the remainder of 2014. How generous and self effacing.:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back