MRP / Trib. Vickery Gets 4 Weeks - Back for Round 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh this was like his 3rd week back :p
20070425070816!Roflcopter.gif

Andy Collins, Dicks Bootsma and Fumbles Lucas..../thread....wait...oh yer Vickery!!

I like Cox, <----LOL I actually started my sentence like this so go easy, ill continue.

I like Cox, he's been a terrific player. Bit silly by Ty, I just wish he'd show such reckless regard and aggression in the air!! How a guy can get in so many scuffles, throw punches etc but seems to float by marking contests is beyond me!! Direct your aggression to the contest young man and everyone will be better for it!!!

That's no longer a defence, and only really applies in cases such as Petrie's where he was acting in self defence.

For what it's worth it will be 4 down to 3 I think. Knew exactly what he was doing when he swung the arm. So that puts him in the reckless/intentional camp (3 points) impact was high (3 points) head (2) points - puts him at level 5 (425 points for a striking charge) + his carryover less 10% 25%.

God no please.
The lawyers will argue for reckless/negligent, given that his eyes were on the ball, he was trying to force Cox out of the contest by hitting him across the chest, and that it was raining so he slipped.

I'm not saying it'll work but that's what they'll do.

One thing that has surprised me reading the angst in the WCE and the main board, is people labeling it a king hit

Having seen a few in pubs in my day (and copped a couple myself), I can tell you it wasn't a king hit

It wasn't a soft hit, a clean one, and wasn't head on, but unless we are now living in the carebear universe, it wasn't a friggin king hit

a seriously stupid act by a seriously stupid, selfish, immature player. So pre-meditated, so deliberate, will get 6 weeks and the team, that had just got its mojo going will have to work around his absence. He's let the entire team down because he couldn't control himself after a elbow in the ribs. Couldn't display is displeasure by beating his opponent or making sure the next bump is solid or anything team orientated like that. No.... wait till the guy isn't looking and hit him in the head. Any other club and if it were against us we'd be off the tree about what a mongrel act it was. Its not as if TV has stored up any brownie points either. It was the act of a dickhead with - lets not say, no self control - lets say - nothing between his ears because he's not just let his teammates down, hes potentially ****ed up his career. 4-6 weeks out, back through the reserves (AGAIN)... is the club still going to wait for him to get his ****ing act together?

Weeks back Vickory was the player not having an impact on games.. No aggression etc. not saying was the right thing to do but would rather see him play on the edge a lot more. Cox did give him a sly one but perhaps Ty just messed up the return hit and he will most likely get 3 weeks for it. I don't think it's worth much more than 3. All these so called experts were quick to get into him after they were happy to say doesnt show enough aggression.

Great post. Although Tyrone did take it too far this time I too would like him and some others to play close to the edge a lot like Hawthorn who do have guys suspended from time to time and who I would consider to be a hard side. I think overall we really haven't been known as a tough side for many many years.

Don't get me wrong as I'm not talking about smashing blokes every game but just general hardness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a seriously stupid act by a seriously stupid, selfish, immature player. So pre-meditated, so deliberate, will get 6 weeks and the team, that had just got its mojo going will have to work around his absence. He's let the entire team down because he couldn't control himself after a elbow in the ribs. Couldn't display is displeasure by beating his opponent or making sure the next bump is solid or anything team orientated like that. No.... wait till the guy isn't looking and hit him in the head. Any other club and if it were against us we'd be off the tree about what a mongrel act it was. Its not as if TV has stored up any brownie points either. It was the act of a dickhead with - lets not say, no self control - lets say - nothing between his ears because he's not just let his teammates down, hes potentially ****** up his career. 4-6 weeks out, back through the reserves (AGAIN)... is the club still going to wait for him to get his ******* act together?

How the **** was it premeditated? It happened in a ruck contest FFS

The faux outrage of some is funny

Was it a dog hit? Yes

Did he destroy baby Jesus? Sadly for you, no

How the **** was it premeditated? It happened in a ruck contest FFS

The faux outrage of some is funny

Was it a dog hit? Yes

Did he destroy baby Jesus? Sadly for you, no

Of course it was premediated: he got a elbow in the chest, and said to himself: "Im going to whack him in this next ruck,.. here we go... now whack."
that's pre-meditation idiot. It wasn't an instinctive immediate reaction to the elbow it was a classic leveller. If it happened to one of our players you would be up in arms. Cannot understand why you would defend such an obviously stupid act.

Of course it was premediated: he got a elbow in the chest, and said to himself: "Im going to whack him in this next ruck,.. here we go... now whack."
that's pre-meditation idiot. It wasn't an instinctive immediate reaction to the elbow it was a classic leveller. If it happened to one of our players you would be up in arms. Cannot understand why you would defend such an obviously stupid act.

How am I defending it, said he would get a holiday the moment it happened, said it would be 3-5 weeks and it's well deserved

What I've also said though is only gen y princesses think it was a king hit or some monster hit equal to Barry halls best

It wasn't premeditated, you are inserting that thought process yourself.

My question is, was it the hit across the chops or the fact that Cox hit the back of Vickerys hip on the way down that caused the concussion?

There's soccer players who'd be embarrassed at how easily your hard man vickery folded and played for a free kick
Wonder how you feel about Shuey going down like he was shot when Ellis shepherded only to then jump up like nothing was wrong when he heard the whistle.

4 weeks easy.
It was a stupid move by a player lacking footy smarts. Opposition teams know he oveerreacts to provocation. He'll be targeted every week until he changes

One thing that has surprised me reading the angst in the WCE and the main board, is people labeling it a king hit

Having seen a few in pubs in my day (and copped a couple myself), I can tell you it wasn't a king hit

It wasn't a soft hit, a clean one, and wasn't head on, but unless we are now living in the carebear universe, it wasn't a friggin king hit
This is what is giving me the shits the most.
Was lashing out in retaliation - was clumsy and needs to be punished - fair enough.
Footy fans and internet posters will always start frothing at the mouth about this sort of stuff but the way most in the media are baying for hanging, drawing and quartering is ridiculous.
King Hit FFS - innocent kids die in the streets when thugs do that sort of stuff.

Liked the way Dimma backed him up at his presser.... will cop his whack and get a few weeks - the guy is no meat head like Barry Hall FFS.

#standbyvickery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back