MRP / Trib. Vickery Gets 4 Weeks - Back for Round 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think vickery played it up but only he and cox truly know how hard the elbow was. We can only guess

Cox is a dog who's been pulling that move and getting away with it his entire career - glad he finally copped his just desserts before he retired. Vickery's no doubt a hero today to every ruckman who's ever played against West Coast over the last decade or so.

Looked ugly, 3 weeks possibly 4 with his carry over points.

If he can KO someone with his wrist, Cox is just lucky he didn't cop the fist. Also, it's taken this many games for someone to clock that ******, why? Cox has been pulling shit like this his entire career.
It's taken this long because look at the massive over-reaction.

If Cox passed the concussion test and didn't have any damage to his face, why didn't he come back on the ground, was he so shocked from getting hit or did he just wuss it, this will be trial by media that it will be referred straight to the tribunal because the MRP wont want the criticism of the penalty they hand out.

Cox is a dog who's been pulling that move and getting away with it his entire career - glad he finally copped his just desserts before he retired. Vickery's no doubt a hero today to every ruckman who's ever played against West Coast over the last decade or so.
Smack on, his elbows seemed to stray a lot. Cheap aggression, intended to hurt and irritate but at a level that won't provoke suspensions, unfortunately for him it provoked a wrist to his glass chin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Cox passed the concussion test and didn't have any damage to his face, why didn't he come back on the ground, was he so shocked from getting hit or did he just wuss it, this will be trial by media that it will be referred straight to the tribunal because the MRP wont want the criticism of the penalty they hand out.
All the reports I've heard said he failed the concussion test

Gonna be honest I just heard about it on the radio and jumped online to have a look.

Is that it? I thought he'd Barry Hall'd him. :(
And Barry only got six.

In all honesty, it was ordinary from Ty.
And I will say this in the most respectful way I can...but I liked it. Not because he round-armed a champion, but because he showed a bit.
I didn't like the fact that Cox got concussed and had to be subbed and I didn't like it full stop...but I liked it...if that makes any sense.
It's just a shame that it was a gentleman like Cox and not a complete ******** like Brent Harvey, Ryan Crowley, Hayden Ballantyne or any Essendon player.

I think last night was the end of Vickery in my eyes.

First off, he has been below ordinary this year.
He likes to puff out his chest alot and say a few words, yet squibs at any sight of contact.
He struggles in the ruck. He might do somethings right around the ground, but overall is poor.
Kicks a few sitters every now and then, but nothing to write home about.

Last night, the hit on Cox was the last straw. KO a club legend the week of his retirement. Because Cox had the nerve to provide a physical contest in the ruck. Vickery, through his own dopiness threw a fist meant for his chest and hit him square in the side of the face. Might've helped if he had his eyes open.

And the aftermath was worse. Went into his shell and did sweet FA. The boos and cheers clearly getting to him. The few words to the supporters who dared to yell at him. And the performance after the siren. Running to the cheer squad, carrying on like we had won a final.

Time to put him up for trade and see what we can get. Honestly, the quicker we move him on. The better.

Reckless not intentional 3-4 weeks.

In saying that the concussion report will determine a fair chunk of the sentence.

Also i need to fly the flag for Simmo, we might be shit but it's hardly his fault. To many short people and passengers in our side ATM.

When asked several times at the beginning of his press conference about TV he refused to answer anything in regards to the incident.

If it was Brad Scott, he would've had diagrams made and ready to go. ;)

Good luck for the rest of the year but luck won't help either of our sides because they're shit.

Bring on 2015.

While there is mitigating circumstances(elbow to the chest), it was pretty stupid and he will get 4 weeks. Just dumb imo.
3-5 weeks. Probably at the lower end with a guilty plea, from memory he isn't normally in trouble is he? Retaliation was pretty much dumb as you say, like bringing a sword to a spoon fight, or a tiger to an eagle fight (ha ha!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back