MRP / Trib. Vickery Gets 4 Weeks - Back for Round 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think last night was the end of Vickery in my eyes.

First off, he has been below ordinary this year.
He likes to puff out his chest alot and say a few words, yet squibs at any sight of contact.
He struggles in the ruck. He might do somethings right around the ground, but overall is poor.
Kicks a few sitters every now and then, but nothing to write home about.

Last night, the hit on Cox was the last straw. KO a club legend the week of his retirement. Because Cox had the nerve to provide a physical contest in the ruck. Vickery, through his own dopiness threw a fist meant for his chest and hit him square in the side of the face. Might've helped if he had his eyes open.

And the aftermath was worse. Went into his shell and did sweet FA. The boos and cheers clearly getting to him. The few words to the supporters who dared to yell at him. And the performance after the siren. Running to the cheer squad, carrying on like we had won a final.

Time to put him up for trade and see what we can get. Honestly, the quicker we move him on. The better.

Get a ****ing clue

If vickery gets anything more than 3 weeks, i'd be asking the question about lecras' bump on him that hit his head.......

Attachments

• 10565801_10204784952607990_761391635_n.jpg
    10565801_10204784952607990_761391635_n.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 10

Vickery deserves the support of all footy fans. Cox has been getting away with murder for years. That sneaky elbow before the ball arrived was down right dirty . I actually cheered when Vickery hit the big coward. Went down like a sack of spuds. Beautiful to watch.

Reckless not intentional 3-4 weeks.

In saying that the concussion report will determine a fair chunk of the sentence.

Also i need to fly the flag for Simmo, we might be shit but it's hardly his fault. To many short people and passengers in our side ATM.

When asked several times at the beginning of his press conference about TV he refused to answer anything in regards to the incident.

If it was Brad Scott, he would've had diagrams made and ready to go. ;)

Good luck for the rest of the year but luck won't help either of our sides because they're shit.

Bring on 2015.

Brad Scott would have had a full on foaming at the mouth fit

Still surprised he's allowed to drive a car with his condition

Vickery deserves the support of all footy fans. Cox has been getting away with murder for years. That sneaky elbow before the ball arrived was down right dirty . I actually cheered when Vickery hit the big coward. Went down like a sack of spuds. Beautiful to watch.
Change your avatar. :D

We've seen the MRP rub out players for less than that though..

True.

Throw the book at all of them i say.

Emo haircut = 3 weeks.

Adjusting ones Emo Haircut = 3 Weeks

Can't kick straight = 4 weeks.

Flops like a feather = 2 Weeks.

Drop a mark = 3 Weeks

Kick out on the full = 12 weeks

Wacky Waving Inflatable Arms = 2 Weeks.

Plays for Kangaroos/Collingwood = Life ban.

Let's clean up this sport once and for all.......or at the least my footy club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could suffer it being intentional if Cox hadn't first initiated contact with an elbow into Ty's sternum but surely after that Cox would have expected something being returned. Now maybe a wrist across the chops wasn't it but you can't first kick a dog then go crook when he bites you back.

The MRP, who will have three days of thinking and listening to it being discussed in the media should look at the provocation and consider the physical aspect of ruck duels before applying any penalty.

IMO nothing more than Reckless

Reckless - Although not intending to commit a reportable offence, the player should have realised his actions were likely to result in a reportable offence, but proceeded with those actions regardless of the consequences
Should be a 4 week suspension down to 3 week holiday after early plea

I could suffer it being intentional if Cox hadn't first initiated contact with an elbow into Ty's sternum but surely after that Cox would have expected something being returned. Now maybe a wrist across the chops wasn't it but you can't first kick a dog then go crook when he bites you back.

The MRP, who will have three days of thinking and listening to it being discussed in the media should look at the provocation and consider the physical aspect of ruck duels before applying any penalty.

IMO nothing more than Reckless

Should be a 4 week suspension down to 3 week holiday after early plea
Accidental

Loved seeing a player get concussed? Ok. Elbow or no elbow, seeing any player get knocks/hits to the head isn't something that would bring me any joy.

Probably 4 weeks, seems about right.

If you're going to elbow someone in the chest with full force when he wasn't expecting it (also known as a king hit) don't complain when it comes the other way.

If you're going to elbow someone in the chest with full force when he wasn't expecting it (also known as a king hit) don't complain when it comes the other way.
An elbow to the chest and a hit to the face are fairly different, though.

the fact cox did not come back means vickery is screwed.
This is another factor where a player is at the whim of the prosecutions own Dr giving evidence. I have never agreed with team Dr having the say on a players concussion test. Should be done at least under the supervision of an AFL Dr. It was a fair chance Cox was going to get the vest anyway so the club may have decided to pull the trigger early which then makes the penalty greater to Ty.

An elbow to the chest and a hit to the face are fairly different, though.
If he wanted to he would have broken his jaw.
And I'm sick and tired of people in all walks of society having a whinge when they get what they deserve. If he didn't give the elbow he wouldn't have had been knocked out. From actions come consequences...............man up and face up to it. If Cox was playing in the 70's he would have had his face caved in every second week with the amount of cheap elbows he's thrown over the years.

Maybe the AFL and Patersons Stadium ground management should look at the fans who can get so close to the bench. Just an incident waiting to happen that doesn't need to be there.

View attachment 70066

Just on that but I think Richo said he copped a bit from the locals just walking the boundary! Pretty poor form IMO.

9 time out of 10 I would prefer to be hit the way Cox was from Vickery then be elbowed in the gut without being prepared for it. Vickery just managed to get him flush which caused him go down but more often then not it might leave a bump on your head at the end of the game and you can continue on. Compare that to Vickery who gets the wind taken out of him and spends the next five minutes struggling to recover.

* Keep in mind it wasn't a clenched fist from Vickery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back