Robbo cries for his beloved Albert

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds ok, but does anybody really think Hird would be able to restrain himself from butting in.
I think it really adds a bit of weight to the theory that Thompson doesn't want to work with him. I always go back to Thompson on 360 when he said Why would he or Doc Reid want to cheat.....never once mentioned Hird or anyone else. Might mean nothing, might means something.

You may well be right with the bolded comment but after listening to Bomber on 360 all year my impression is that he would rather have nothing to do with Hird.

I would imagine Bomber is pretty pissed off about what Hird dragged him through and what it has done to his reputation.

Now before the Hirdites start ranting this is only my opinion from watching and listening to Bomber and the fact that he has had little or no contact with Hird over the period Hird has been on his sabbatical.
Maybe, I could understand if that was the case, the bolded is only going of Robbo's article.

My key argument to that is, Hird was hardly on a sabbatical, the courses as INSEAD are described by most as some of the hardest in the world probably not a lot of time for idle chit chat.

More, Hirds suspension may have stated he was not allowed to talk football, or communicate coaching to anyone at Essendon. Best way to guarantee that is not to talk, you can't really be accused of it then.

You may well be right with the bolded comment but after listening to Bomber on 360 all year my impression is that he would rather have nothing to do with Hird.

I would imagine Bomber is pretty pissed off about what Hird dragged him through and what it has done to his reputation.

Now before the Hirdites start ranting this is only my opinion from watching and listening to Bomber and the fact that he has had little or no contact with Hird over the period Hird has been on his sabbatical.
I was surprised Robbo stated that Bomber wanted Hird back this year. I would have thought he wouldn't have wanted the change and distraction.

Robbo is something of a laughing stock amongst the other journos.

Patrick Smith said:
“I think as a column it was just a mouthpiece for Hird, Robinson just went straight to the Hird camp and got a feel for what they were saying then just wrote that dribble.”
“It was a hysterical piece that said one of their favourite sons had been turned against.

“I think the favourite son has been looked after pretty well, so to suggest that they’ve turned on him is third grade logic.”

it's so hard to keep up. I thought the Herald Sun was the Essendon Gazette? Are people now saying that Hird is so evil and manipulative that he's somehow seized control of the News Ltd editorial agenda to push his own line that directly contradicts the public statement he made?

Amazing
No, we are saying Slobbo is a fan Boi of Hirds, and writes articles defending him, very similar to the Essendon fan bois on Big Footy . Only difference is he gets paid for it .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I will. Essendon has been penalized and has moved on. Time for Adelaide supporters to move on to.
Why? Because you say so? :rolleyes: Reckon we'll all move on when it's over. As it isn't over... guess we'll be staying right here eh?

No fascination young fella. Simply expressing an opinion. I'm guessing you've never posted an opinion on another team...

Fascination it may by not then. But supporters of other clubs haven't been expressing opinions for the last year on this matter. They have been trying to bring the mighty Essendon football club down to their level. Won't work.

Fascination it may by not then. But supporters of other clubs haven't been expressing opinions for the last year on this matter. They have been trying to bring the mighty Essendon football club down to their level. Won't work.
You are embarrassing yourself buddy. Let it go.

Why? Because you say so? :rolleyes: Reckon we'll all move on when it's over. As it isn't over... guess we'll be staying right here eh?
If that is your attitude, no good saying Essendon is derailing the season again. Cake and eat it. Snowtown.

If that is your attitude, no good saying Essendon is derailing the season again. Cake and eat it. Snowtown.
Essendon haven't stopped derailing seasons yet. First last year, now this year. I suspect it may even go into next year too. If you want them to stop doing that, I suggest you have a word with your club. They are the ones prolonging things now.

What Robbo has so rightly shone his light on at this time is significant governance failings at EFC.

They have had 12 months to work out what to do with Albert, and have failed miserably.

I believe that the AFL should immediately instigate action against EFC and its Board, and Bomber for bringing the game into disrepute for catastrophoc governance failures.

Of course I am. Essendon has been penalized and moved on. You need to move on to. Find a live beyond a fascination with another club.
How about Essendon stops involving all other clubs in the s**t they brought upon themselves, you do realise this costs every club in lawyers fees etc not just Essendon, not too mention the damage it has done to the game.

Essendon it seems is willing to sacrifice anything rather than just facing up to the charges and by the way you have been penalised(not penalized this is Australia your spell checker is in US English) for the governance side of the charges the real penalties are still to be decided.

How about Essendon stops involving all other clubs in the s**t they brought upon themselves, you do realise this costs every club in lawyers fees etc not just Essendon, not too mention the damage it has done to the game.

Essendon it seems is willing to sacrifice anything rather than just facing up to the charges and by the way you have been penalised(not penalized this is Australia your spell checker is in US English) for the governance side of the charges the real penalties are still to be decided.

Picking on spelling is poor form.

Particularly when you're wrong. The distinction between the Z and S options is more a function of social and education factors than nationality. In Australia both are acceptable, and according to Macquarie the usage ratio in Australia comes in at about three "s" to one "z".

Spell checkers are a tool, not a bible.

Robbo - the gift that keeps on giving. He continues to embarrass himself by the day. I no longer read/watch anything he's concerned with. Herald Sun - BARRED! AFL 360 - BARRED!! SEN when he's on - BARRED!!! I refuse to let a fat gutter journo talk footy to me and pedal his ulterior motives through his position of power. When all this washes out he and Rohan Connelly are going to be left feeling very silly with plenty of egg on their faces. Only a matter of time.... Tick Tock Tick Tock

Well Said.... couldn't agree more.:thumbsu:

It was the plan as announced since the suspension was handed down.

Seriously not getting the last week or two

The lesson of all this is that Essendon should have made the arrangements very clear, very very much earlier. When you allow the media to speak to themselves they can work themseleves into a lather over nothing more than their own speculation. One journo speculates, another comments on that, then another refutes the second ... very quickly they begin hyperventilating and faiting like school girls waiting for the latest boyband to come onstage at Westfield.

I suspect the Bombers didn't see themselves making a late run for the finals. They imagined a dead round-23 match with Hird returning to the faithful as the selling point, all leading into a massive 2015 PR campaign. Bomber making round 23 and week 1 finals meaningful has caught them on the hop.

This article and this thread is a good test of the difference between Essendon fans and Hird Fans.

Clearly it is in Essendons interests to have Hird not return just before finals. Those posters who are outraged like Robbo and cannot see this are Hird fans, not Essendon fans.

To too many Hird = Essendon. The return of Simon Madden to the board might be the single saving grace in this saga. Not tainted by the scandal, beloved player particularly by the older supporters, and an untainted reputation. I think Madden might be about the only person able to fire Hird without the club ripping itself into pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back