Unofficial Preview Round 19 Early Thoughts: Sydney Swans vs Essendon - SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little worried about this game... coming off a very short break against an opposing Essendon. Hanners sound sunlikely

Re: The title
If we have titles like this we can't complain when other clubs' boards do the same. e.g. Hawks

I think coming off the match v Hawks is a better proposition than the Bombers coming off the bye.....the bye stops your momentum and I really think we beat any other side last night....I saw it live and watching the replay we were bad but IMO still good enough to beat every other side..

I think we go unchanged if no injuries

I can't even remember what year it was but I remember then kicking a goal in the dying minutes of one game to put them ahead but on replay it was obvious that the ball went over the boundary seconds before the goal was kicked and the boundary umpire didn't notice it.

I can't even remember what year it was but I remember then kicking a goal in the dying minutes of one game to put them ahead but on replay it was obvious that the ball went over the boundary seconds before the goal was kicked and the boundary umpire didn't notice it.

Yeah adam mcphee run into the kiosk

2007? Spider everitt was playing he rushed a point on half time for no reason

They won by a point from memory

I was there. To make matters worse we had three of the most obnoxious, loud-mouthed footy supporters screaming right into our ears behind us - all of them wearing red and black. In the dying moments the Swans had a bouncing shot at goal that appeared to scrape through and put us ahead. I went bizerk and gave it to the three pr!cks behind me. Then the goal umpire ruled it had touched the post. We lost by a couple of points. Needless to say I slunk out of there pretty sheepishly.

Actually could get nasty for the bombers depending which mood we are in, glancing over their last game against the Bulldogs their defence looked shaky Stringer kicked 5 and they conceded almost 100pts.

Only Carlisle saved them from copping a flogging sure he kicked 8 goals but look who he was playing on a ******* midget in Picken.

Actually could get nasty for the bombers depending which mood we are in, glancing over their last game against the Bulldogs their defence looked shaky Stringer kicked 5 and they conceded almost 100pts.

Only Carlisle saved them from copping a flogging sure he kicked 8 goals but look who he was playing on a ******* midget in Picken.
He was on Roughead, then Morris and Picken was only on him when Morris lost him in a 1-on-1

No

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No brainer for me. Despite the advantages given to the Swans by the AFL you still play within the rules. Please smash 'em into last Thursday. I hate the idea of a compromised final series - even thought it would be better for us if they won.
I disagree on the "advantages" but let's not go there and can I just say how nice is is for an opposition fan to acknowledge the bolded.

This is the thing that has shitted me most about the whole CoLA debate. By all means people can express an opinion on that, but they need to always keep in mind that we only ever did what we were allowed to do.

By all means people can get mad at the AFL if they thought it was unfair, but don't call us cheats, and don't make up ludicrous theories about the AFL running the whole comp solely for our benefit.

The Swans are an extremely well-run, ethical club. There are a few other clubs (not yours, I hasten to add) where I seriously wonder how the supporters can continue to follow them and still look themselves in the mirror.

Wait what?

I thought it was walk up seating, first in best dressed?

I'm heading up from Melb and everytime I've been to the SCG I've just used my AFL membership for a walk up seat in the Ladies stand.

Do I need to reserve seats??
This is the reality of the Swans' 2014 season! Monster crowds at the SCG.

(Nice problem to have;))

This is the reality of the Swans' 2014 season! Monster crowds at the SCG.

(Nice problem to have;))

It's all good, called the club my AFL Membership still gets me the usual entitlements I get for this week as well. Did say they're expecting a big one though, I arrive around 10:30, I'll dump my bags at the hotel, go get a steak & a pint from meat & wine co. in Darling Harbour then make the march up Oxford St. around 3 to watch the 2's.

PUMPED!

Yeah adam mcphee run into the kiosk

I thought he was outside in the broadcast van!

2007? Spider everitt was playing he rushed a point on half time for no reason

They won by a point from memory

Correct on all three counts. Beat West Coast by a point the week after too. All downhill from there though.....

Hope it's a close game, good luck, though I don't think you'll need it, we'd need pretty much everything going our way to win I think.

That was an amazing finish. Sydney crowd went FERAL. We booed the umpires off. Some of tge loudest booing I've ever heard at the scg. Then it turned out the players were hanging around for a presentation so the booing kept up for about 4 minutes.

Never tell me we aren't passionate in Sydney. :D

That was an amazing finish. Sydney crowd went FERAL. We booed the umpires off. Some of tge loudest booing I've ever heard at the scg. Then it turned out the players were hanging around for a presentation so the booing kept up for about 4 minutes.

Never tell me we aren't passionate in Sydney. :D

Yep we have had some great matches with Essendon in the past.

Alesso kick after the siren 2001?
Dempsey play on after the siren 2012
Goodes miss after the siren 2011
Some match at ANZ where Essendon supporters were going mad for 2 weeks on BF about the umpiring

About the crowd going feral there are only a few example i can remember it being that loud the game you just described and the Razor Ray Freo game at the SCG i swear i thought half the crowd was going to jump the fence and kill him.

Longmires Presser today , Shaw should play , Hanners ruled out. Tippett pulled up well

Well thats really interesting with Shaw coming back do we push Rohan up forward? Hanners i just hope we can get him back for the Port game but i have a feeling he could be gone for the season.

Similar injury to Jack and when he come back in 2011 he was a shadow of himself for the rest of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back