Simpson has got one thing right

Remove this Banner Ad

I said he " immediately embarrassed the squad with his attack on the footy and man". This is correct.

You want the least skilled player on our list who turns the ball over constantly and can't do anything except tackle as your first player picked in a rebuild. Enough said. I'll let you argue with yourself about how you think he's the best but he's not but he is.

This is an obvious contradiction.

How so? Clearly we can back him to the hilt with everything our organisation has, except for those parts of the organisation that are desperately searching for his replacement because he's clearly not the man for the job.

What are our other options then?

Sumich who we passed over last year presumably because we though Simpson offered more and Sumich is no more proven than Simpson as a head coach.
Rule a line through any other untried assistants as there'd be no advantage in that
Experienced head coaches that might consider moving to West Coast as senior coach -
Voss - didn't set the world on fire at Brisbane
Ratten - Would be a good senior assistant but you'd be asking him to takeover from a guy he coached at Hawthorn with
Mark Williams - loose cannon. Might shake things up but could also tear them down
Mark Thompson - seriously doubt he wants to be a senior coach again and even less likely to move across the country

Simpson needs a chance to mould our list so they are capable of playing the game style he wants. It's going to take a bit of time to rebuild a list that had structural defiencies.
Exactly.
We are caught between two game plans at present.
We don't want to be caught between three.

You want the least skilled player on our list who turns the ball over constantly and can't do anything except tackle as your first player picked in a rebuild. Enough said. I'll let you argue with yourself about how you think he's the best but he's not but he is.
I thought you rated Hutchings? :)

How so? Clearly we can back him to the hilt with everything our organisation has, except for those parts of the organisation that are desperately searching for his replacement because he's clearly not the man for the job.
Splinter cell?

We have several good honest toilers on our list - guys who try their guts out but are not particularly skilled. On the flip side we alos have some relatively talented footballers who don't seem to want to get their hands dirty

It may be why Simpson focused on McGinnity as he displayed the kind of itensity he wants all our players to play with

The threads turned potty I tell you.
There's people arguing and contradicting themselves, then there's people saying one thing but actually meaning another, then there's the colour of flavours and all sorts of neapolitan ice creamy stuff happening then there's the fact that the thread says he has got one thing right but people are saying he has a few things right.

Kooky thread.

We have several good honest toilers on our list - guys who try their guts out but are not particularly skilled. On the flip side we alos have some relatively talented footballers who don't seem to want to get their hands dirty

It may be why Simpson focused on McGinnity as he displayed the kind of itensity he wants all our players to play with

Agreed. I don't have a problem with Simpson backing those guys that go hard each week even though some might have limited skill. He is asking people to stand up and do the hard things, he is asking players to become leaders for others to follow. Its just a shame our more talent players are not buying into that at this stage.

There's people arguing and contradicting themselves, then there's people saying one thing but actually meaning another, then there's the colour of flavours and all sorts of neapolitan ice creamy stuff happening then there's the fact that the thread says he has got one thing right but people are saying he has a few things right.

Kooky thread.
You're just confused because no one is talking about Priddis:p

Kooky thread.

Mate we are just taking the piss out of Dargie because he doesn't like using the term vanilla to describe players.

Exactly.
We are caught between two game plans at present.
We don't want to be caught between three.
Our game plan is relative to our players especially the midfield, for instance im sure if we had, cousins, judd, kerr etc im sure the game plan would look different no point having a port adelaide type game stlye when we dont have the runners etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fact is our list is bottoming out, weve lost all semblence of a playing culture and onfield leadership. Turning that around will take an enormous effort. I dont trust an untried coach to do it, much less a "nice" guy without runs on the board. Moreover I'm not inclined to wait three years while he works out what coaching is about. And yes, if we cant pull a Bomber Thomson type out of our arses I'd back Sumich, at least we know what we'll get.
Exactly we did know what we were going to get with Suma and obviously didn't like it.

Your words:

McGinnity has come in and immediately embarrassed the rest of the squad with his fierce attack on the ball and man. His intensity stands out like a shining light. Thats why Simpsons highlighted him and too right too. We have a squad chock full of candy arse fairies who would be well served taking a leaf out of McGinnity's book. At this rebuilding stage a warrior like him who leaves nothing on the park and takes up the fight - would be one of my first picked.
this is so.
we need to re educate or re build a list that is a now a left over of the small, slow, good boy recruiting era.

or masten (and coy) who gave away two goals and is set aside by a mild gust of wind.

So do nothing until our conscience is satisfied? Not even keep our options open while a rookie coach experiments with our playing future?

Last edited:

Hutchings has shown he can hit targets on the run when in space, take marks under pressure in our backline, he can win the hard footy, he can lay a s**t load of tackles (16 in one game), kick goals and now tag. McGinnity can tackle and try hard, that's about it. If you can't see the difference then that's your loss.

so put a knife in his back. Yeh nah

Its better to be classy losers huh? As a pissed off supporter I reckon every job in the club should be up. I like Simpson but the cold hard fact is he hasn't improved our performances one iota. If anything we have gone backwards. I get the rationale that he deserves a shot at moulding his own squad. Alternatively I'm flagging option B, which is to keep options open with respect to a proven coach.

Mate we are just taking the piss out of Dargie because he doesn't like using the term vanilla to describe players.
On the contrary, you've further highlighted the ridiculousness of it.

Even when you think you're rebelling, you serve my interests.

Last edited:
Its better to be classy losers huh? As a pissed off supporter I reckon every job in the club should be up. I like Simpson but the cold hard fact is he hasn't improved our performances one iota. If anything we have gone backwards. I get the rationale that he deserves a shot at moulding his own squad. Alternatively I'm flagging option B, which is to keep options open with respect to a proven coach.
That's so stupid. I agree that every other job should be but not his. He inherited a bad list and arrived at a once proud club that is in it's darkest time. He'll be swinging axes this spring and I look forward to seeing the progress of the players that have stayed.

There have definitely been changes to the game plan and you can see it is evident on game day. Players, especially as the season has gone on are correcting their team-mates when they are doing wrong things. It might not be seen on tv but I have noticed at the games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back