Strategy What to do with pick 1 now we’ve got it - Do We Need Reid or is it Curtins

Keep pick 1, or trade it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had enough of all of these kents already.

Nothing would satisfy me more right now than drafting H.Reid and watch him kick a bag against the tin-rattlers.

And anyone else wanting to entertain splitting the pick in this massively compromised draft needs to give themselves an uppercut as well.

Momentum building coasters. Picks 2 and 3 may be coming your way in a 3 way trade.

The afl assistance package for north that helps north, west coast and Gold Coast. Lol they always get what they want.

Seems everyone will be happy

North beating GC to avoid the spoon in Rd 24 will be quite coincidental if GC end up with all of Norths assistance package picks

I found it a bit strange Nth want to go so hard for him, thought KP players would be more of a priority for them.

Agreed especially when they’re said to be bringing in Fisher from Carlton and Stephens from Sydney via trades

They’d be better using 2,14,19 and whatever they get for McKay on a spread of players then combine their two end of R1 picks in 2024 for a higher pick next year

This is our chance to draw a line in the sand and to show that we have truly moved on from the shittiest two years in the club’s history. To say we do not want hand outs or to support corrupted drafts. That we aren’t going to be told that we’d prefer a draftee because he’s from Western Australia, rather than being selecting kids on talent. We are a proud club and show we’ll do things our way and that we are not going to be coerced, manipulated or bullied into doing what suits the “A”FL. Put out a statement saying we are not trading pick 1 and then watch the memberships and sponsorships go through the roof overnight and give members and supporters something to take out of the rubbish we’ve had to endure for the last 2 years. Give them hope. Tell Harley the circus is over and that the #9 is waiting for him at the West Coast Eagles.

Momentum building coasters. Picks 2 and 3 may be coming your way in a 3 way trade.

The afl assistance package for north that helps north, west coast and Gold Coast. Lol they always get what they want.

Seems everyone will be happy

Confused The Big Lebowski GIF by The Good Films

Assuming North get 3 as compo for McKay

North give: 2, 19, F19, F20
North get: 1, 20

GC give: 5
GC get: 19, F19, F20, no bids on Walter with first three picks

Eagles give: 1, 20
Eagles get: 2, 5

Stop with the sweetners

We r not giving anything up for a pick one trade.

Eagles give 1.
Any other clubs sells the farm.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Changed quickly, Reid would like it at WC .
Good crowds , I like North but they are no longer a power in the East .
Geelong - Collingwood - Hawthorn - Richmond are the top four + Melbourne depending on a few influences like snow + Carlton on 2023 season .

This is skewed so heavily towards North Melbourne.

Gold Coast get absolutely screwed and are better off dealing with WB in this scenario and West Coast are giving up too much.

North should be giving up pick 3 to WC and 14 to GCS and getting 5 instead.

This is our chance to draw a line in the sand and to show that we have truly moved on from the shittiest two years in the club’s history. To say we do not want hand outs or to support corrupted drafts. That we aren’t going to be told that we’d prefer a draftee because he’s from Western Australia, rather than being selecting kids on talent. We are a proud club and show we’ll do things our way and that we are not going to be coerced, manipulated or bullied into doing what suits the “A”FL. Put out a statement saying we are not trading pick 1 and then watch the memberships and sponsorships go through the roof overnight and give members and supporters something to take out of the rubbish we’ve had to endure for the last 2 years. Give them hope. Tell Harley the circus is over and that the #9 is waiting for him at the West Coast Eagles.

Maybe they just think Curtin + Duursma/McKercher is a better list decision than Reid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Close and I guess that’s the fall back position, but I’m assuming pick 3 compo for McKay

Eagles get 2 and 3

North 1 and 5

Gold Coast pick 14, west coast second, and pick 19 and 20 in 2024 (both from north) plus 400 points saving on Walter
34 and 39 are worth more points than pick 20, which we would rather keep.

Eagles in: 2, 3
Eagles out: 1, 34, 39

North in: 1, 5
North out: 2, 3, 14, Future compo picks

Gold Coast in: 14, 34, 39, Future compo picks
Gold Coast out: 5

34 and 39 is worth more points than pick 20, which we would rather keep.

Eagles in: 2, 3
Eagles out: 1, 34, 39

North in: 1, 5
North out: 2, 3, 14, Future compo picks

Gold Coast in: 14, 34, 39, Future compo picks
Gold Coast out: 5

Using the parlance of our times, there’s a lot of ins, a lot of outs, a lot of what have you’s

Not having a go at you here, but literally don't understand why 20 keeps getting added.

We've stated only unreasonable offers accepted. 1 and 20 is too fair.

I'd rather Reid and someone at 20 than 2 and 3.

Last edited:
I sincerely hope they don’t think Curtin is top 5, let alone top 2/3.

I don’t think Curtin as a top 4 pick (factoring in Walter) is too far off the mark.

The likelihood that we trade pick 1 and don’t take Curtin is about 0.000000001%.

I think it will likely be a case of this board melting over taking Curtin similar to how they did when we took Allen.

Hopefully with a similar outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back