Strategy What to do with pick 1 now we’ve got it - Do We Need Reid or is it Curtins

Keep pick 1, or trade it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had enough of all of these kents already.

Nothing would satisfy me more right now than drafting H.Reid and watch him kick a bag against the tin-rattlers.

And anyone else wanting to entertain splitting the pick in this massively compromised draft needs to give themselves an uppercut as well.

Sweet *en jesus, "trading down" to get a player.

You'd trade down knowing you're going to get a certain player whilst getting something extra in return.

You wouldn't trade pick 1 for pick 2, when you could just take the player you want at pick 1. Now that may not be exactly what the poster was referring to, but they need to word it a bit better if not. And then stop going over to the North board to drink the stupid juice.

Sander + mckercher is a break even. Sanders is never going to be a star a b+ grade accumulator.

Mckercher and dursma has a chance to surpass just Reid .

Mckercher and curtain has a chance we end up ******* losing.

I am fuming at Curtin and mckercher. If we are going to ship Reid we need to ensure we can win and the combo that has the highest ceiling since Reid himself is a sky high ceiling.

Sander + mckercher is a break even. Sanders is never going to be a star a b+ grade accumulator.

Mckercher and dursma has a chance to surpass just Reid .

Mckercher and curtain has a chance we end up ******* losing.

I am fuming at Curtin and mckercher. If we are going to ship Reid we need to ensure we can win and the combo that has the highest ceiling since Reid himself is a sky high ceiling.
I think you need to go for 3 of the top 5.
Trade 1,19,2024r1,2024r2 for 2,3,5,2024pick20.
If you like my suggestion, you can work out what North, Gold Coast get.
Probably gold coast get 19,2024r1 for 5,2024r2
North get what's left.

North get what's left.
That’s horrendous. I’ve seen your other posts. You’re better than that.

People are entitled to their opinions so myself and the other mods aren’t in the habit of censoring what gets posted although we do from time to time when arguments get needlessly circular, off topic or abusive

We don’t remove posts simply because they’re stupid- my post count would probably halve if we did

The best way to avoid a poster who gets on your nerves for whatever reason is to put them on ignore

Or do as I do and just scroll past them
To clarify, I said I'm not an advocate of censorship and I'm definitely not asking mods to get involved.
That's what the ignore button is for 🙃
Don't think I've put anyone on ignore here before, not going to start now.
We don't need group thought in here, variance of opinions is good.
However, when posters begin sounding like opposition supporters (i.e. "West Coast are going to get this in a trade, deal with it") and they do it consistently I get a bit narky.
We should all be wanting the best for the football club (even if there is some difference between short term and long term).

That’s horrendous. I’ve seen your other posts. You’re better than that.
I think ok, but you are entitled to ask for better of course.
But it is effectively 3 for your 2024r1,
and 1,19 for 2,5.
Perhaps you would be happy if it was 37, you keep 19.
I think the problem with a 3 way trade is both you and gold coast are dropping down the draft board, so naturally demand a premium. That premium has to be paid by North only ( although they have been over generously compensated by AFL).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ugh man i wish Geelong were holding pick 1 for us or Essendon. If we're happy for pick 2, 14 and 19 for Reid then i won't follow this club. Geelong would ask for picks 2,3,14,19, next years 1st, Wardlaw, Sheezel, Brayshaw to commentate our games over the girl that says the team in Orange as a starting point.

Get a grip for crying out loud.

+ Wayne Carey to personally hand over their two 90s cups to John Worsfold.

I think ok, but you are entitled to ask for better of course.
But it is effectively 3 for your 2024r1,
and 1,19 for 2,5.
Perhaps you would be happy if it was 37, you keep 19.
I think the problem with a 3 way trade is both you and gold coast are dropping down the draft board, so naturally demand a premium. That premium has to be paid by North only ( although they have been over generously compensated by AFL).
Mate. I’d say O’Sullivan/Smith in 2024 is far better than player #3 (4) this year. I also wouldn’t take 2 and 5 for 1, let alone throwing in 19 (or 37) as well. I’d be more interested to hear what Mackie wants for pick 7, but this is the wrong thread for it.

Mate. I’d say O’Sullivan/Smith in 2024 is far better than player #3 (4) this year. I also wouldn’t take 2 and 5 for 1, let alone throwing in 19 (or 37) as well. I’d be more interested to hear what Mackie wants for pick 7, but this is the wrong thread for it.
I don't know what he wants, but my take is a fairly high premium. If you end up with 14 from north somehow, I think 7 for 14,19 probably wouldn't be accepted.

Whoever you pick, can you please make sure you haul your arses back up to the top and win your fifth flag within a decent timeframe?

Love the Eagles. First club I followed up until I was 13. Peer pressured into Melbourne for the coward I am as nobody supported the Eagles in Victoria and got on because I felt part of the crowd. I love the Demons, but I love the Eagles just as much.

I am also sick of the VFL giving out s**t truck cups to big 4 clubs. At least Melbourne won in 21 on neutral ground.

Just climb back.

Last edited:
North get what's left.
Nope , definitely don't want to trade next yrs 1st.

Whoever you pick, can you please make sure you haul your arses back up to the top and win your fifth flag within a decent timeframe?

Love the Eagles. First club I followed up until I was 13. Peer pressured into Melbourne for the coward I am as nobody supported the Eagles in Victoria and got on because I felt part of the crowd. I love the Demons, but I love the Eagles just as much.

Just climb back.
Just vomited a little...

Any reason why scum Essendon supporters are so nonchalant about giving band 1 for mckay?

They either pay enough for North to get band 1 or North match to force a trade which would likely involve Essendons R1 pick (currently 8) either by itself or with something coming back from North

So by paying an extra $50-150k per year they keep their draft hand intact

So that’s why they’re nonchalant about it

Last edited:
Just vomited a little...

demondavey is always welcome here. Has a special place in this boards folklore for being one of, if not the first to call our 2018 premiership

Good Morning,

Yes that's my thread title and where I think the Eagles could be headed this year. There won't be many people on the MB agreeing with me, but I feel that you have a list almost ready to explode if things can click. I'll give you my reasons.

KPP - Elite. JK, Darling, McGovern, NN, Lycett, Vardy, McKenzie and Schofield comprise a very capable group. Agreed they all won't play together, but there is depth.

Midfield - This is where I think you're underrated. Shuey, Gaff, Cripps and Yeo put a very good quartet together. I am not sure how Sheed, Redden, Rioli, Venables, Jetta, Hutchings and Karpany are tracking, but there are some players there that I really rate.

The question - Your interstate plan. You start improving that and I think you'll gain unstoppable momentum. I think the key to that is Sam Mitchell coaching alongside Simpson. I reckon he has the ability to assist in breaking down the mental barriers to getting on a plane and transferring your game.

Your finals record is good.
2012 = 5th
2013 = 13th
2014 = 9th
2015 = Grand Finalists
2016 = 6th
2017 = 8th

If Richmond can roll into a premiership off the back of finals in 13-15, I reckon your list is more than capable of going the extra mile or two this year.

I'd like to know your thoughts, I seriously think WC have the capability of doing it this year.

He’s a good egg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back