List Mgmt. Draft Night 2 - What to do with picks 23,37 and 58

Remove this Banner Ad

Not interested in any of the ones I mentioned or someone available later in the draft?
I like Simpson as an option. The others, less so.
But I think Weatherill and Visentini are steals at picks 37 and 58 respectively.
Maybe substitute Visentini for one of them (should we feel we've already got enough ruckmen on our list).

I don't think we can burn our current second selection on Goad this season (which would be required) when we took Barnett last year.
A later selection, yes, but there are definitely more pressing needs early on.
Fair enough, but if Barnett doesn’t work out and next year is very light on for big men, we might find ourselves truly ****ed!
Flynn has played relatively few AFL games mainly because of injuries.
We would be back to relying on Williams.
I don’t think Jamieson will ever be an AFL standard Ruckman, although I love his effort.

Fair enough, but if Barnett doesn’t work out and next year is very light on for big men, we might find ourselves truly ****ed!
Flynn has played relatively few AFL games mainly because of injuries.
We would be back to relying on Williams.
I don’t think Jamieson will ever be an AFL standard Ruckman, although I love his effort.
There's only so many ruckmen you can have on your list before you are losing other spots.
After all, you are playing a maximum of two a game (and one's usually a fill-in, rather than a 1st ruck).
If we take another ruck early this season (i.e. 2nd round), I don't know how that's anything but an acknowledgement that we got Barnett wrong last year. Goad's rated at about a similarish level as Barnett was last year. What's to say that the cycle will stop?

Gut feel all of this but I think the Dees will be the one that can’t look past our F1. Straight swap F1 for 6. They need a few young mids coming through to revitalise there midfield. 2024 top 5 will give them that opportunity. Blues will save us from Moir at pick 28.

It’s been an interesting listen the glowing remarks of opposition staff members on Gettable of how high Harley is regarded.

Not necessarily what I’d pick but what my gut says West Coast will pick.

1 Reid
6 Curtin
23 Roberts
37 Hall
58 De La Rue

Rookie options of Torrent, Hine-Baston, O’Driscoll, Livingstone and Fonti.

We will know in less than 48hrs.

Scared 30 Rock GIF by HULU

Gut feel all of this but I think the Dees will be the one that can’t look past our F1. Straight swap F1 for 6. They need a few young mids coming through to revitalise there midfield. 2024 top 5 will give them that opportunity. Blues will save us from Moir at pick 28.

It’s been an interesting listen the glowing remarks of opposition staff members on Gettable of how high Harley is regarded.

Not necessarily what I’d pick but what my gut says West Coast will pick.

1 Reid
6 Curtin
23 Roberts
37 Hall
58 De La Rue

Rookie options of Torrent, Hine-Baston, O’Driscoll, Livingstone and Fonti.

We will know in less than 48hrs.

Scared 30 Rock GIF by HULU

What kind of player is De La Rue?

What kind of player is De La Rue?

Kade De La Rue is 185 cm midfield forward, good skills, very crafty and would be great value at pick 58.

However the list that you were commenting on , has a distinct lack of talls on it for my liking.

Last edited:
Kade De La Rue is 185 cm midfield forward, good skills, very crafty and would be great value at pick 58.

However the list that you were commenting on to, has a distinct lack of talls on it for my liking.

His highlights vs WA are impressive.

Agree, he's silky with good skills, definitely a bit of potential to work with.

His highlights vs WA are impressive.

Agree, he's silky with good skills, definitely a bit of potential to work with.

Yes and we have spoken with him, so there is some interest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

]

That’s the difference between melb and north. Melb were trading FOR THE PLAYER. Not the fact that it was the no1 pick.

North were trading FOR DRAFT PICKS, irrespective of qualities at those picks. All that mattered was that points were not right.

What are people's opinions on Joe Fonti? I haven't seen him mentioned much on here but could be available late possibly. I've heard disposal can be a little off sometimes but has great speed and decent skills.

This video is why I'm so keen on Weatherill (despite some wayward kicking in this video):

Weatherill was even better in a number of other Talent League games having kicked 4 goals on four separate occasions this year.
Just park him at full-forward and let Allen roam.
No offence to Jack Williams but I think Weatherill projects to be better than him.

What are people's opinions on Joe Fonti? I haven't seen him mentioned much on here but could be available late possibly. I've heard disposal can be a little off sometimes but has great speed and decent skills.
Really like Fonti. Mature, quick. Has a cool head. Has to be in the mix late for sure. Hine-Bastion will also be available late and would be my pick of the bunch though. Versatile - kid has a tank, can run and jump - vertical jump and running vert was off the charts at the State Combine. My call would be to grab him knowing he can play a fantastic lock down role and get him onto the wing or up forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back