Coach If not Simpson, then WHO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy decision for me 😝😜🤪

Kane Cornes ……… guy has all the answers and is the most astute football analysis and strategist in the land ….. just ask him.

Has the answer for everything football related.
Even Women's football (world game)...

Divisive AFL commentator Kane Cornes has described the reaction to the Matildas’ defeat against England as “soft” and declared there would have been much tougher scrutiny if it was our men’s side.
He really is a campaigner

Suggest you speak to anyone who was at East Perth when he was coach and you will say it’s anyone but Graham.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Was going to say the same thing. A good mates son played at the Royals at the time, so family/friends were allowed in the rooms. Honestly, abysmal. Don't know what he is doing at the Eagles to be honest.

Was going to say the same thing. A good mates son played at the Royals at the time, so family/friends were allowed in the rooms. Honestly, abysmal. Don't know what he is doing at the Eagles to be honest.

Nothing since 2021 when he left and joined Fremo

OK, I’ve decided.

It’s the Dean and Don 2-Pack for me.

Cox as head coach - highly rated assistant and club legend.
Pyke as football manager - experienced, successful, hugely respected in the industry.

Both have been part of Sydney’s impressive regeneration, and we get the added bonus of gutting their coaching ranks too.

Give Simmo a classy send off (and Gavin Bell, sorry Gav) and get this locked in.

I'm in the keep Simpson for a year camp and reassess after.

Nathan Van Berlo is someone i'd look at potentially next year.

Did very well with us during his time here. Now coaching at Adelaide who have nearly the best game plan in the league imo.

Go listen to the Tom Hickey podcast on Backchat about how he had to teach NVB how to coach stoppages and you might change your mind.

Everything I hate about Carr is the reason I think he should be strongly considered.

Schofield is the heir apparent I think, so would probably be favourite at this stage.
Same, the thought of Carr as our coach causes a visceral reaction. But the fact that he is a dirty campaigner may actually be what we need to drive players.

I was excited to see what Schofield could achieve when he got to the club. Not sure he has lived up to expectations

(Log in to remove this ad.)

None of those options were overly tempting, but I don't know heaps in this space.

What I do know is we need new voices all together, so Schofield for mine just can't be the snr coach. Happy for him to stay on, but would love to see new thoughts, ideas come in.

If we kept Simpson for the last year of the contract, I wouldn't cry either. With his sole focus on developing the young list.
Simmo has two more years on his contract, so if we keep him until the end, a new coach won't start until the beginning of 2026 season.

Well apparently someone on the Eagles board has leaked to Jon Ralph that Simmo will be sacked within 10 days.

Can imagine that phone call.

'So we have decided to sack Simmo, but not right away, cause.... reasons... in, say, 10 days we will do it, just got to work out how to break the news to him'

Well apparently someone on the Eagles board has leaked to Jon Ralph that Simmo will be sacked within 10 days.

'So we have decided to sack Simmo, but not right away, cause.... reasons... in, say, 10 days we will do it, just got to work out how to break the news to him'
The fact they are all over there with the team just makes it even worse.
Can imagine just giving them daggers every time he seems them.

Where did Jon Ralph say that?

During half time, the language was along the lines of "I expect...", as he could just be giving his opinion. Everyone 'expected' Simmo to be gone after the Swans game and that didn't eventuate.
The whole thing just feels like posturing. Get beaten by 100 points for a fifth time in the season but waiting until Wednesday to move on the coach? Via Eddie Maguire. With half the board, including a bloke who knows what it's like to be sacked from a prominent position, on his side. And then you put said coach in front of the media to answer the same old questions. It's amateur hour from the board.

Maybe we need to be looking even higher than Nisbett. Flush the board, give them 12 months to find a CEO, give a new CEO 12 months to find their preferred coach, then go about rebuilding the footy department. Have everyone from top to bottom working in the same direction. By then, the kids have 3-4 years in them and are ready to pounce, all the while, we've collected another 2-3 high end draft picks along the way.

Think Ralph is simply guessing more than he is taking calls.

That said, the 10 day figure covers to Mad Monday, so if an announcement is made the day after the final match against Adelaide it would fall within its bounds.

I like the idea of Jaymie Graham for a few reasons (and not because he's an ex Eagle)
  • He's had experience at different AFL Clubs Saints, Eagles & Freo Plus senior WAFL coaching experience. (inc. AFL premiership coaching panel)
  • He has had a rough upbringing and brings with him a story of real life resilience and hard work. We need this type of character. A humble, hard working person that has not been spoon fed. I think this will bring outside & inside perspective of the Eagles being an arrogant club down a peg or two.
  • I think he'd relate really well with a young list, from all backgrounds. I guess the benefit of having come from the premiership year is that he will also know what makes the older crew tick, who will need motivation in what will likely be another tough year nxt year.

If you don't know his story. Look it up.

Sure there's plenty of other candidates too.
His brother is/was a crackhead certified POS - they literally went in opposite directions under similar circumstances. I respect Jamie for his fortitude, also his brother is a certified POS.

The whole thing just feels like posturing. Get beaten by 100 points for a fifth time in the season but waiting until Wednesday to move on the coach? Via Eddie Maguire. With half the board, including a bloke who knows what it's like to be sacked from a prominent position, on his side. And then you put said coach in front of the media to answer the same old questions. It's amateur hour from the board.

Maybe we need to be looking even higher than Nisbett. Flush the board, give them 12 months to find a CEO, give a new CEO 12 months to find their preferred coach, then go about rebuilding the footy department. Have everyone from top to bottom working in the same direction. By then, the kids have 3-4 years in them and are ready to pounce, all the while, we've collected another 2-3 high end draft picks along the way.
Some people have been vocal about needing to clean house for a while. West Coast's predicament is a total club failure.

Moving on coaching, I wouldn't be looking just within AFL ranks but also, scouring State Leagues for the best and brightest up and coming coaches to fill out the coaching room. We need fresh and exciting ideas pushing the cutting edge of footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back