Coach If not Simpson, then WHO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how so many people on this site want Simmo gone, but The West Australian today has an article where they say "the majority of supporters back Simpson" and supply a heap of quotes.

Not really funny, as the West Australian is a complete rag tabloid who wouldn't know journalism if it bit them in the arse

Nuffies. They all wanted him sacked last week - back on board after the Dogs game.

But it’s also just The West having a bet each way - they’ve been pushing for Simpson to be sacked and unrest at the Eagles for months….and now when he gets sacked (and don’t be silly, he definitely will be sacked within the next week), they get to run a story about how the club has unfairly knifed the popular, premiership winning coach.

‘Fat Cats on the board sack poor Simmo and further alienate loyal fans’

They’ll then quote Gary from Maidavale, who last attended a game at the WACA and thinks we are still paying draft picks for Tim Kelly, when he posts on Facebook ‘You’ve lost this supporter! How could you sack Simmo!?!’

Or Brenda from Belmont - who thinks STILL thinks Liam Ryan is Willie Rioli and absolutely does not understand the basic rules of the game at all - “I’m so ashamed to be an Eagles supporter - shame on you for sacking Simmo!”

All that kinda thing.

We should keep him on until his contract finishes imo.

Save the money, we are going to get pumped next year with our list regardless. May as well keep things stable, Simmos a good relationship builder and the type of bloke people want to be coached by (good for player retention).

Announcing his contract won’t be extended and starting the process for finding a replacement early might not be a bad idea though as it would shut the media up.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nuffies. They all wanted him sacked last week - back on board after the Dogs game.

But it’s also just The West having a bet each way - they’ve been pushing for Simpson to be sacked and unrest at the Eagles for months….and now when he gets sacked (and don’t be silly, he definitely will be sacked within the next week), they get to run a story about how the club has unfairly knifed the popular, premiership winning coach.

‘Fat Cats on the board sack poor Simmo and further alienate loyal fans’

They’ll then quote Gary from Maidavale, who last attended a game at the WACA and thinks we are still paying draft picks for Tim Kelly, when he posts on Facebook ‘You’ve lost this supporter! How could you sack Simmo!?!’

Or Brenda from Belmont - who thinks STILL thinks Liam Ryan is Willie Rioli and absolutely does not understand the basic rules of the game at all - “I’m so ashamed to be an Eagles supporter - shame on you for sacking Simmo!”

All that kinda thing.
you need to make a pun out of the headline for it to be a West headline

Can Chris Scott be poached out of Geelong? Now would be a good time for him to move along considering where their list is at
No. Is an absolute fascist behind the 4 walls. Comes across in the media as one thing but has a penchant for authority and total micromanagement.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Let's be honest, IF Simmo does get let go, the next coach is going to be in the Ken Judge lame duck role anyway until the next team is ready to compete and will get let go.

I'd keep Simmo, btw since there's like zero viable replacements out there.
There's viable replacements but I'd hate the club to be responsible for ruining the career of a future coach, simply to appease some plebs in the Vic media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess they would put an ad on Seek next week. That’s how this board would do it. Surely if they plan to sack him they must have a replacement in the bag, mustn’t they?

I guess they would put an ad on Seek next week. That’s how this board would do it. Surely if they plan to sack him they must have a replacement in the bag, mustn’t they?

We are making an Essendon/Clarko style run at Hardwick.

He’s done the GC Welcome presser and everything but we are hopeful he’ll give them the old ‘Mrs Hardwick’ and be coaching us by next week. 🤞🏻

Let's be honest, IF Simmo does get let go, the next coach is going to be in the Ken Judge lame duck role anyway until the next team is ready to compete and will get let go.

I'd keep Simmo, btw since there's like zero viable replacements out there.

This is a really important time for the club, and I don’t think Simmo has the attitude required to support the development of a young list.

In fact I’d say Simmo has a terrible attitude towards our young players.

How often has he tried to protect his senior players by shifting blame for our results on to young players, talking about how many players under 20 we had on a certain week?

How often has he held up senior players on a pedestal for accolades earned 3,4 or 5 years ago?

How often has he offered faint praise for a younger player, seemingly to keep them grounded rather than build them up to build their confidence and focus on what they’ve been doing well?

Even in the context of Hewett early in the year there was an unnecessary focus on what he wasn’t ready for (endurance) rather than focusing on his attributes.

Let’s not forget dropping every young player for unfit senior players after the Richmond game in 2021, and backing them in continually despite the overwhelming evidence telling us they weren’t up to it.

Simmo has the potential to do a lot of damage to our rebuild. While he says this is what he signed up for, it really wasn’t. He thought it was a rewrire or restumping before going again.

This is a really important time for the club, and I don’t think Simmo has the attitude required to support the development of a young list.

In fact I’d say Simmo has a terrible attitude towards our young players.

How often has he tried to protect his senior players by shifting blame for our results on to young players, talking about how many players under 20 we had on a certain week?

How often has he held up senior players on a pedestal for accolades earned 3,4 or 5 years ago?

How often has he offered faint praise for a younger player, seemingly to keep them grounded rather than build them up to build their confidence and focus on what they’ve been doing well?

Even in the context of Hewett early in the year there was an unnecessary focus on what he wasn’t ready for (endurance) rather than focusing on his attributes.

Let’s not forget dropping every young player for unfit senior players after the Richmond game in 2021, and backing them in continually despite the overwhelming evidence telling us they weren’t up to it.

Simmo has the potential to do a lot of damage to our rebuild. While he says this is what he signed up for, it really wasn’t. He thought it was a rewrire or restumping before going again.

Great summary.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't love Simmo but he has legitimate excuses for how badly we performed over the last 3 years, give him his 2 years and then make a decision on retaining.

Mike Nolan for interim Coach eh? Simmo has to stay for 2 reasons, 1. we have backed him in with another 2 years of guaranteed payments so even if he is a fail at least we don't "Judge" another interim coach and 2. He has taken us to one of the greatest GF victories in Australian Rules History so he deserves his chance to rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back