Preview Pre-match v Port Adelaide - Sunday 4:40 (MCG) (out: Seeds, Young, BenKen; In: Armstrong, Fas, Dwyer)

Remove this Banner Ad

I really hope Armstrong surprises us. He couldn't crack it into a team with some very very good half backs at Sydney.

But this is his last chance and i'm going to give him a chance, i'm backing him in. He is a great ball user after all, which is exactly what most people on here think we need.

An outside player in Dwyer is in the 22 and we have two inside players in Ball and Thomas who can't even get into the 25.

Watch Port double our clearances.
Hopefully Armstrong can show his precise kicking skills returning the ball to the centre after each Port goal.... (sarcasm for those that can't pick it)

I know they are different positions but why TA over BK???

Seriously have no clue why Josh Thomas isn't playing.
Isn't even an emergency :drunk:

The time to drop him was after Hawthorn/Carlton when we had all three of him, Ball and Adams in the side and he was probably the one who wasn't performing. But then he played decent games against GC and Essendon, we dropped him for Adelaide when Ball was already injured and we were flogged in the clearances :oops:

I'm with you, I seriously have no clue.

I really hope Armstrong surprises us. He couldn't crack it into a team with some very very good half backs at Sydney.

But this is his last chance and i'm going to give him a chance, i'm backing him in. He is a great ball user after all, which is exactly what most people on here think we need.

He is a Good User. No One Argues that but he has not much else to his game

Blair will never get Dropped if he is Fit and Bucks is the Coach

Na no way, he is getting resigned as well not to a one year deal but to a 2 year deal.

I said after the pre season games if Armstrong ever got a game for us it would a low point which it is but it could be worse, Marty Clarke and Yamoor could have played as well.

Na no way, he is getting resigned as well not to a one year deal but to a 2 year deal.

I said after the pre season games if Armstrong ever got a game for us it would a low point which it is but it could be worse, Marty Clarke and Yamoor could have played as well.

Yagmoor might be no worse but Clarke is in Shocking Form

Kennedy is stiff.
Hasn't had a decent chance to settle into the lineup without getting dropped, being sub etc.
Don't mind Armstrong playing, we picked him up, might as well see what he brings us.
Would like to see Blair get dropped or at least sub, but my guess is Armstrong or Martin will be sub

I don't blame Bucks or anyone at Collingwood for the treatment of Kennedy, I blame the sub rule, the stupidest idea implemented in recent history.

Without the sub rule Kennedy would have played 5-6 full games of senior footy this year and his fitness base would have improved.

With the sub rule he's played one complete game, pathetic really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fasolo named on the wing. Nice. I know it means jack, but Fas was always a midfielder. We've moved him around the ground, wouldn't mind seeing him as a HBF/Mid as opposed to a pure forward. Sure, he's a good goal kicker but if Fas playing at half back means Adams doesn't have the room to play there anymore, I'm all for it. :drunk:

Happy to have Armstrong in the team, give him a go and see how he handles it. Not going to can him before he has had an opportunity, if his disposal is terrible and he doesn't defend he seems like he'll fit in well because that's what we've come to expect lately.

Edit: Have now learnt to read and seen Kennedy is out. Thought making him the sub was bad. What a farce.

Last edited:
Perhaps we want our second pick to be in the 20s rather than 30s.
The tank is on. Bucks basically said we wont play finals anyway.

Well I went through the ladder predictor today and did it very optimistically, having us only losing one game from here which will be against Hawthorn and I still had us 9th at the end of the year behind the Crows by percentage. You would think with this form we would lose more than just the one game. It's going to be hard but while we are still a chance mathematically I will be hopeful.

Would be rapt if we could finish 8th and beat Geelong first week in the finals.

He couldnt make it adelaide as well remember, and they were shit then

Happy to have Armstrong in the team, give him a go and see how he handles it. Not going to can him before he has had an opportunity, if his disposal is terrible and he doesn't defend he seems like he'll fit in well because that's what we've come to expect lately.

If Kennedy is the sub surely it's time to riot?
He's been dropped

If Kennedy is the sub surely it's time to riot?
I am sorry to inform you but Kennedy has indeed been dropped and will be playing tomorrow at Victoria Park.

Well I went through the ladder predictor today and did it very optimistically, having us only losing one game from here which will be against Hawthorn and I still had us 9th at the end of the year behind the Crows by percentage. You would think with this form we would lose more than just the one game. It's going to be hard but while we are still a chance mathematically I will be hopeful.

Would be rapt if we could finish 8th and beat Geelong first week in the finals.
Yeah I came to this result too :(

There's bound to be an upset or two in there somewhere though. Essendon would be nervous playing Richmond and Carlton, Adelaide still play North, Brisbane at the Gabba and Richmond, and North still plays Adelaide, Geelong and WB.

Odds are if we can win 4 out of 5 (a massive if obviously) we will scrape in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back