General cycling news and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit late I know, but Sammy Sanchez has joined BMC. Will apparently by riding Strade Bianchi
There is a bit of bad blood between him and Cadel, should make for interesting viewing...

There is a bit of bad blood between him and Cadel, should make for interesting viewing...

Elaborate?
Or was this during the Vuelta 2 or 3 years ago when they didn't stop after Cadel had a mechanical failure?

Elaborate?
Or was this during the Vuelta 2 or 3 years ago when they didn't stop after Cadel had a mechanical failure?
Not one specific instance, I won't be surprised to see Sanchez in a BMC jersey dragging Contador up the road leaving Cadel behind...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/euse...h-with-phinney

Phinney's injury really upsets me :(. I mean he's probably in my top 5 favourite riders which doesn't help but just to hear how bad it actually was. I mean a compound fracture like that could be up to 6-9 months out, I've even heard of 1-2 years for some who don't fully recover. Then there's the fitness he's going to clearly lose. Awful. Good on Euser though, knew his race was over and decided to be a champion about it.

As much as they're a necessary evil for people like me to enjoy the spectacle I really dislike the extent to which TV bikes go to get the best picture. No real care for the rider so much of the time.

Phinney's injury really upsets me :(. I mean he's probably in my top 5 favourite riders which doesn't help but just to hear how bad it actually was. I mean a compound fracture like that could be up to 6-9 months out, I've even heard of 1-2 years for some who don't fully recover. Then there's the fitness he's going to clearly lose. Awful. Good on Euser though, knew his race was over and decided to be a champion about it.

As much as they're a necessary evil for people like me to enjoy the spectacle I really dislike the extent to which TV bikes go to get the best picture. No real care for the rider so much of the time.
if ever there is a sport to have a compound leg fracture, a non-contact leg striking(ground) athletics pursuit, cycling would be it.

barlow, nathan brown, the red head from sydney, they have/had a much more difficult potential career...

if there is a bright side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, agree. Good on Euser. Things like that are the real things that kids should look up to.

Transfer season about to start and some big names available:

There are some big names whose future will be decided in the coming months: Roche, Boasson Hagen, Sagan, Bouhanni and Wiggins to name but a few. There are also potential team deals, depending on whether Belkin, Giant, Garmin and Cannondale can stay afloat, meaning more riders may be available.

http://www.cyclingquotes.com/news/latest_transfer_rumours/

Will be interesting to see what happens at GT's with Sagan and Contador on the same team.
Agreed. I would have thought it wasn't the ideal move for Sagan, considering T-S are predominately a GT general classification team these days.

Sagan won't get much help in sprints, although he doesn't in his current team now anyway.

Majka also signed for 3 years, what is Contador's contract? Might be on Alonso's shopping list.

Edit: Contracted for one more year and took a pay cut at the end of 2013.... Must make the guy happy with all these signings and Oleg's apparent bottomless bag of cash.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back