Opinion 10 most over rated current players

Remove this Banner Ad

Given the fact that he was sub in 1, played in defence against Richmond, GWS, Melbourne and Port. So in reality it's 22 goals in 11 games, that's acceptable for a key forward

He played full time in defence V those 4 teams you listed? I am calling bullshit.

If you want to deduct games how does his 10 goals in 14 games look? Take out beating Maxwell and the undermanned Dogs defence you aren't left with much at all.

If I was you I would have waited to see how he goes V the Swans defence.

He played full time in defence V those 4 teams you listed? I am calling bullshit.

If you want to deduct games how does his 10 goals in 14 games look? Take out beating Maxwell and the undermanned Dogs defence you aren't left with much at all.

If I was you I would have waited to see how he goes V the Swans defence.
For the vast majority of those games, yes. He started forward vs Port but swapped with Hurley midway through the 1st quarter. Played defence against Richmond and GWS as Hurley wasn't playing, and against Melbourne because Fletcher wasn't playing.

Adelaide - Sloane (Love the bloke but his kicking issues seem to be ignored by 95% of the public/media)
Brisbane - Zorko (media love fest)
Carlton - Waite (Just played his one good game per year)
Collingwood - Grundy (Great second efforts and agility not much else), Ball (Media still thinks he's a gun)
Essendon - Hurley (Media love fest)
Fremantle - Suban (Dumb footballer), Mayne (gone from underrated to overrated)
Geelong - Caddy (Don't see "it" at all), Varcoe
Gold Coast - A.Hall (Don't understand how he gets a game)
GWS - Davis (Harsh. Couldn't think of anyone else)
Hawthorn - Suckling (Is just a role player yet is regularly talked up)
Melbourne - Frawley (No way he's worth what he's asking)
North Melbourne - Ziebell (Over hyped), Black (Too small to ever be a focal point)
Port Adelaide - White (Footspeed is the single most overrated attribute in the game)
Richmond - Morris (Was talked up as AA last year), Newman (I don't know how he still gets a game his direct opponent regularly cuts up Richmond)
St Kilda - ???
Sydney - Sam Reid (Has been getting teams third defender and hasn't done enough)
Western Bulldogs - ??? Crameri maybe
West Coast - Nic Nat

Western Bulldogs - ??? Crameri maybe
Edit. It appears I should read the threads and the posts more carefully before making comments :p

Last edited:
I've somehow mistaken this thread for something else.

If you want an overrated Bulldog, I'm not sure where to go, nobody really rates us. Also, what's the matter with Vermont? :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Much better after Friday night. You were quick to bump but have gone quiet now he turned back into a witches hat.
Poor game. He'll bounce back, no shame in getting beaten against the equal best defensive side in the AFL. Petrie however, 6 touches and 1 goal...

Like Fletcher - Petrie is slowing up towards the end. But even a really poor year he has out performed Carlisle.
Fletcher's played 1 bad game all year. He's having a far better year than 2013.

I disagree. He is heading towards the 1 too many group.
Other than the 2nd Bulldogs game, in which games has he performed badly this season? At the start of the year I would have agreed with you, but not anymore. In fact, statistically he's having his best year since 2007.

Fletcher stays on. Absolutely demolished us in Round 7 and has only lowered his colours once this season, against us in Round 18.

Stats? The new high disposal game has padded a few players stats. That dogs game was incredibly bad - gee it had even me feeling for an Essendon player.

Not stats he is moving more freely and has definitely had more of an impact on most games. I'm also sure the dogs put a fair amount of time into Fletcher seeing as he cut them up last time.

Adelaide: Matt Crouch
Brisbane: James Aish
Carlton: hard to say as people are pretty keen to rag on their players - a Carlton player really has to earn recognition from opposition supporters
Collingwood: Steele Sidebottom
Essendon: same as Carlton
Fremantle: Aaron Sandilands
Geelong: can't think of any overrated Geelong players
Gold Coast: David Swallow
GWS: biased, but there don't seem to be any given that a player either earns a reputation or is completely disregarded
Hawthorn: Luke Hodge
Melbourne: James Frawley
North Melbourne: Todd Goldstein
Port Adelaide: Ollie Wines
Richmond: same as Carlton and Essendon
St Kilda: same as GWS
Sydney: Sam Reid
West Coast: Jack Darling
Western Bulldogs: Shaun Higgins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back