RDFL 2014 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

As for all this other garbage about player payments, all players were spoken to face to face about their last 3 match payments getting paid at seasons end and I laugh at the negative suggestions and of course the timing of these comments. Can't beat Romsey on the ground so throw mud at em on social media......

In my experience, it is pretty common not to pay the last three or four match payments until end of season. Nothing new there ..

Is it also common for the coach to then come on social media and tell the whole world about it too ?

No axe to grind whatsoever Keston.
I am not angry in the slightest definitely not with a great country club like Romsey who I'm sure have many hard working local people doing great things there just to keep their club running day to day.

I'm glad you finally agree, that no player or club would want to see the details of confidential pay meetings that took place revealed here on social media.

Remember Keston it wasn't me who came on here and confirmed to the world about the "one on one" confidential meeting between the Romsey FC and the players about when and how they were getting payed !

But anyway moving on, here's a quick general question for you Keston............ Why do some players continue to get payed for finals games and others do not ?

Agreement in there contract don't know why but it shows it's just about the $$$$$$

A big congrats to the R------s and the RDFL for picking the best venue for the big day. Bring on the finals.

Surely you jest? I thought another poster had the inside mail that it was already given to Lancefield. Must say if the GF is at Romsey then common sense has prevailed ..... perhaps with Lancefield the prelim venue?

So grand final is at romsey ????
Will be interesting to see how the day pans out in relevance to past lany grand finals
That is in regards to atmosphere etc

So oneeyeblue lock is it confirmed just interesting no one else has herd

GF to be played at Romsey...confirmed.
Thanks loco
The new pavillion and net ball courts justify the grand final being there and will have a better atmosphere and better viewing
Lancefield had done a great job but by selection of venue romsey park is a better choice

So like i said you shouldn't take as gospel any unsubstanciated rumours or hear say on here or social media sites, prime example of this was people were saying Lancefield had the 2014 GF in the bag, when in reality it was only after last nights RDFNL meeting that the decision was made. I believe their decision was purely based on the criteria set out by the league, the best ground, the best facilities that would showcase the RDFNL and the biggest game of the year in the best possible way.

IMO I think they got it right this year and that is taking nothing away from Lancefield FNC and the fantastic job they have done hosting the GF over the past few years, they should be commended for their efforts, we know have some very big shoes to fill, but i think we are more than up to the challenge and will show to the many doubters and negative nay sayers out there that the Romsey Football Netball Club is a strong and united club, on and off the field.

We have built a culture at our club that is based on respect and loyalty. I know i might be biased towards the club I love but we have i believe the best past player retention and volunteer involvement and a very dedicated 'Web Club' loyal supporter base that only other clubs dream about, but loyalty like that just doesn't happen over night, It come from hard work and committment over a long period of time.

I believe 'ANY' club can achieve this with the right people involved who all share a common vision for there respective clubs and are committed and driven to make sure they succeed.

There has been a lot of hard work done by some very dedicated people for past 12 months or more to turn our club around. It started with the leadership shown from our committee who has driven these changes, our goal was to make the Redbacks one of the best Clubs and Football and Netball teams both on and off the field and is reflected brilliantly with 5 of 7 teams who will participate in the finals this season and also in our club motto this year which was penned even before the first bounce, One Club, One Dream, Redbacks 2014!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've only ever been to RDFL grannies at either Lancefield or Romsey but for me its a 50/50, Romsey's in better nick this year, not to say that at this time in 2015 Lancefield wont be. The interleague day at Romsey was well presented, well run and the perfect rehearsal if you ask me. My only query at Lancefield over the years is the lack of shelter when the weather is poor.

Now whether its the club or the league who lets be honest do amazingly well in terms of $$$ from league fee's at both junior/senior/netball level .... but surely someone could've invested in some weather friendly viewing area for spectators at Lancefield by now.

Perhaps its a local council thing, and if it is then I understand your frustrations given what I've seen (or haven't seen) transpire at JJ Clancy Reserve the past 2-3 years from the Mitchell Council.

If Romsey want to lock in for a few years, maybe pull back on a few player payments (relax I'm taking the piss) and extend the roof from that impressive new social facility to the fence, it's sealed too which presents neat and tidy.

I've only ever been to RDFL grannies at either Lancefield or Romsey but for me its a 50/50, Romsey's in better nick this year, not to say that at this time in 2015 Lancefield wont be. The interleague day at Romsey was well presented, well run and the perfect rehearsal if you ask me. My only query at Lancefield over the years is the lack of shelter when the weather is poor.

Now whether its the club or the league who lets be honest do amazingly well in terms of $$$ from league fee's at both junior/senior/netball level .... but surely someone could've invested in some weather friendly viewing area for spectators at Lancefield by now.

Perhaps its a local council thing, and if it is then I understand your frustrations given what I've seen (or haven't seen) transpire at JJ Clancy Reserve the past 2-3 years from the Mitchell Council.

If Romsey want to lock in for a few years, maybe pull back on a few player payments (relax I'm taking the piss) and extend the roof from that impressive new social facility to the fence, it's sealed too which presents neat and tidy.

You never no Doona the coaches boxes and a corporate box could be on the way up stairs?

Lancefield Park is governed by a Committee of Management Doona. Similar to Kilmore, it can be a very frustrating situation at times to get things approved.

So like i said you shouldn't take as gospel any unsubstanciated rumours or hear say on here or social media sites, prime example of this was people were saying Lancefield had the 2014 GF in the bag, when in reality it was only after last nights RDFNL meeting that the decision was made. I believe their decision was purely based on the criteria set out by the league, the best ground, the best facilities that would showcase the RDFNL and the biggest game of the year in the best possible way.

IMO I think they got it right this year and that is taking nothing away from Lancefield FNC and the fantastic job they have done hosting the GF over the past few years, they should be commended for their efforts, we know have some very big shoes to fill, but i think we are more than up to the challenge and will show to the many doubters and negative nay sayers out there that the Romsey Football Netball Club is a strong and united club, on and off the field.

We have built a culture at our club that is based on respect and loyalty. I know i might be biased towards the club I love but we have i believe the best past player retention and volunteer involvement and a very dedicated 'Web Club' loyal supporter base that only other clubs dream about, but loyalty like that just doesn't happen over night, It come from hard work and committment over a long period of time.

I believe 'ANY' club can achieve this with the right people involved who all share a common vision for there respective clubs and are committed and driven to make sure they succeed.

There has been a lot of hard work done by some very dedicated people for past 12 months or more to turn our club around. It started with the leadership shown from our committee who has driven these changes, our goal was to make the Redbacks one of the best Clubs and Football and Netball teams both on and off the field and is reflected brilliantly with 5 of 7 teams who will participate in the finals this season and also in our club motto this year which was penned even before the first bounce, One Club, One Dream, Redbacks 2014!

Serious peter why do you swing this about the club you got the gig due to the facilities you know why there are people questioning the club less said the better and attaining the grand final won't change that
just be gracefull in the fact you got the grand final purely based on the facility available .

The facility is by far one of the best in the macedon rangers and should be show cased considering the millions pored into it by state and federal government

Last edited:
You must be very 'new' to this forum...as anyone who knows Deano, knows that he couldn't write all that without a spelling mistake somewhere!!

I just hope Norma18 isn't correcting English exams in a few a months time as there are several spelling mistakes in PeterO's post.

Now Romsey has got the grand final back, surely the football and cricket clubs could do something to officially recognise the legacy of the McIntyre family, which has contributed so much to Romsey Park.

The McIntyre family goes back several generations, and includes top footballer and cricketer Doug and his sons Rob and Peter, with the latter playing Test cricket for Australia.

Rob has spent thousands of hours of unpaid work on the facilities and surface at Romsey over the years. There would be very few arguments if it was renamed McIntyre Park or McIntyre Oval.

The GDCA's top competition is called McIntyre, while the RDFL recognises the grand final's best player with the Doug McIntyre Medal. Both Rob and Doug are life members of Romsey FC and Romsey CC. It would be nice if there was some public recognition of their input to sport in the town.

Als
Now Romsey has got the grand final back, surely the football and cricket clubs could do something to officially recognise the legacy of the McIntyre family, which has contributed so much to Romsey Park.

The McIntyre family goes back several generations, and includes top footballer and cricketer Doug and his sons Rob and Peter, with the latter playing Test cricket for Australia.

Rob has spent thousands of hours of unpaid work on the facilities and surface at Romsey over the years. There would be very few arguments if it was renamed McIntyre Park or McIntyre Oval.

The GDCA's top competition is called McIntyre, while the RDFL recognises the grand final's best player with the Doug McIntyre Medal. Both Rob and Doug are life members of Romsey FC and Romsey CC. It would be nice if there was some public recognition of their input to sport in the town.
Also the name Bowen (Bowen medal )I believe is a past romsey player
Who should be recognised perhaps time for a life membership in recognition would be a belated gesture

Remove this Banner Ad

Back