RDFL 2014 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I see there have been lots of junior grand finals today. Can anyone explain to me this new system with Turner and Beatson Divisions? Which one is A Grade and which one is B Grade? etc...

I see there have been lots of junior grand finals today. Can anyone explain to me this new system with Turner and Beatson Divisions? Which one is A Grade and which one is B Grade? etc...
Beatson is clubs with one side in each level
Turner each grade has two sides
Watson I think is second grade sides with three sides
And each name are people who have provided long time service to football rdfl etc

Surely Rupo would be prepared to play in a GF anywhere ..... it's a grand final for f**k sake, anyway this GF argument is getting boring, besides if Rupo's multitude of coaches hanging around that box can't get over Deano with one off sider then they should give it away :D

IF we were fortunate enough to make the big dance you are dead right Doona we would be prepared to play it anywhere. Clarke Oval, Gisborne, Lancefield. Why we would even be prepared to play it at Rupo! As for the numbers in the coaches box, the only person who we have ever heard mention that was Dean when we were playing Riddell a couple of weeks ago. Now you wouldn't be stirring the pot on his behalf now would you? Got to remember Ben is a first year coach and still needs all the help he can get. The off field game is off to a great start.

Surely Rupo would be prepared to play in a GF anywhere ..... it's a grand final for f**k sake, anyway this GF argument is getting boring, besides if Rupo's multitude of coaches hanging around that box can't get over Deano with one off sider then they should give it away :D
Obviously we would be more than happy to play a GF anywhere as stated. Merely an observation on the state of the nation.

IF we were fortunate enough to make the big dance you are dead right Doona we would be prepared to play it anywhere. Clarke Oval, Gisborne, Lancefield. Why we would even be prepared to play it at Rupo! As for the numbers in the coaches box, the only person who we have ever heard mention that was Dean when we were playing Riddell a couple of weeks ago. Now you wouldn't be stirring the pot on his behalf now would you? Got to remember Ben is a first year coach and still needs all the help he can get. The off field game is off to a great start.

Ha ha i assure you this is not at all on Deano's behalf, twice I have been to Rupo games and thought "wow" but yeh you're right I'm all for a bit of a light hearted crank from time to time :D

I'm actually one who would love to see Romsey win it as I had an opportunity to join Dean this year but couldn't. Many know I'm good mates with Peddo so to see his good work flow on to more success would be good from where I sit ...... if not Romsey then maybe Diggers coz let's be honest if they don't go one better or even make the grand final again then their decision to move on Jamie Elliott hasn't been a wise one ;)

On a sidenote good to see Wallan get a good final should be a cracker, but where will all the cars be parked? Might have to get my ute in Friday night to get a spot to watch the Broady 3rds ..... hang on not a good idea it might be on blocks by Satdy morning ha ha!!!

Beatson is clubs with one side in each level
Turner each grade has two sides
Watson I think is second grade sides with three sides
And each name are people who have provided long time service to football rdfl etc

No McCartney division :D

Yes I mentioned the amount of coaches rupo have at the riddell game. I'm not fussed, I'm an ex rupo boy so I can assure everyone that I have no issues with them whatsoever.

I only mentioned the amount of coaches because the rdfl stated at the start of the year that only 2 are allowed over the fence yet rupo had about 8. Regardless, they can have as many coached as they like I just think they will probably have to be on the other side of the fence. No big deal!!!!!

Good luck to all the clubs, coaches and players involved in finals....

I'm not a romsey supporter . U are obviously jealous of there accomplishments. They smashed teams at home and away. Rupo got lucky cause red backs had many outs, from my source

To my knowledge Romsey were more or less full strength vs Rupo and just snuck home, not to mention that since round 1 rupo's biggest loss is 4 points. Im sure rupo had a few of their good players out. So I think this first final will be very interesting! K Murphy done for year at Kangas to make their game a challenge? Although these star diggers forwards may have been shown to be a bit overated on the weekend gone. And good luck to Rockbank in their game. Be great to see them win a final, be a sad end to Riddells back to back hopes though.

To my knowledge Romsey were more or less full strength vs Rupo and just snuck home, not to mention that since round 1 rupo's biggest loss is 4 points. Im sure rupo had a few of their good players out. So I think this first final will be very interesting! K Murphy done for year at Kangas to make their game a challenge? Although these star diggers forwards may have been shown to be a bit overated on the weekend gone. And good luck to Rockbank in their game. Be great to see them win a final, be a sad end to Riddells back to back hopes though.
Have to say your first statement is pretty much spot on probably out of there team was cacamo the rest looks like there at full strength
But was a wet day reckon on a dry track may favour the redbacks

Have to say your first statement is pretty much spot on probably out of there team was cacamo the rest looks like there at full strength
But was a wet day reckon on a dry track may favour the redbacks

I watched that game. Was a dry day and surface was pretty good. Was very windy though so both teams sprayed some shots.

Ha ha i assure you this is not at all on Deano's behalf, twice I have been to Rupo games and thought "wow" but yeh you're right I'm all for a bit of a light hearted crank from time to time :D

I'm actually one who would love to see Romsey win it as I had an opportunity to join Dean this year but couldn't. Many know I'm good mates with Peddo so to see his good work flow on to more success would be good from where I sit ...... if not Romsey then maybe Diggers coz let's be honest if they don't go one better or even make the grand final again then their decision to move on Jamie Elliott hasn't been a wise one ;)

On a sidenote good to see Wallan get a good final should be a cracker, but where will all the cars be parked? Might have to get my ute in Friday night to get a spot to watch the Broady 3rds ..... hang on not a good idea it might be on blocks by Satdy morning ha ha!!!

Plenty of parking Doona. There is the school over the road, the lower ground and the bowling club car park just up the hill. It's been a while since Wallan hosted finals but it's just a matter of being organised. Be assured, you won't need to be there Friday night. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really spoke to Deano told me second half windy and wet ?????
On form any way over the season romsey by lots

Think that all clubs playing finals would agree that now the home and away season is finished, the only form that counts will be what they dish up on the weekend.

Think that all clubs playing finals would agree that now the home and away season is finished, the only form that counts will be what they dish up on the weekend.
Been there many times my friend but was pointing out based on seasons form redbacks are clearly the favourites
Unless I'm missing somthing

Been there many times my friend but was pointing out based on seasons form redbacks are clearly the favourites

They are prob favs, wouldnt have said clearly after only beating 2nd place by 4 points. But it is a funny game.. Look at Brisbane Collingwood?.. maybe Rockbank will send Riddell packing like the Magpies. Diggers were full strength and in good form and confident and with players out I tipped them to beat rupo comfortably on Sat but I got that backwards. Maybe kangas will fire up and finish Diggers off first final.

But on form.. you'd think the three games should be crackers! Romsey v Rupo last time 4 points. Riddell v Rockbank last time 8 points. And Diggers v Kangas in a fight to the death for two teams that still would both have sights on GF day. Ahh its a good time of year!

D
They are prob favs, wouldnt have said clearly after only beating 2nd place by 4 points. But it is a funny game.. Look at Brisbane Collingwood?.. maybe Rockbank will send Riddell packing like the Magpies. Diggers were full strength and in good form and confident and with players out I tipped them to beat rupo comfortably on Sat but I got that backwards. Maybe kangas will fire up and finish Diggers off first final.

But on form.. you'd think the three games should be crackers! Romsey v Rupo last time 4 points. Riddell v Rockbank last time 8 points. And Diggers v Kangas in a fight to the death for two teams that still would both have sights on GF day. Ahh its a good time of year!

dont think you can compare with the pies and lions to the upcoming final series
rupo are a good side but believe a lot will have to go right and a lot wrong for the redbacks for a upset
last time they met was a while ago my tip is romsey by over 35 points
you would think diggers will get the job done over the kangas my tip diggers by 17 points plus
reckon the creek riddle that is will turn it on and find the boys from Rock bank out of there depth riddle by 48 points all above based on dry tracks
But yes it is finals and the odd upset happens but think the only real threat may come from diggers on grand final day and would need to be wet

D

dont think you can compare with the pies and lions to the upcoming final series
rupo are a good side but believe a lot will have to go right and a lot wrong for the redbacks for a upset
last time they met was a while ago my tip is romsey by over 35 points
you would think diggers will get the job done over the kangas my tip diggers by 17 points plus
reckon the creek riddle that is will turn it on and find the boys from Rock bank out of there depth riddle by 48 points all above based on dry tracks
But yes it is finals and the odd upset happens but think the only real threat may come from diggers on grand final day and would need to be wet

Keston, at least you think Rupo is improving as I think you tipped Romsey by over 10 goals first time around. Your thought process seems to be a little limited my friend. Rupo are the only side that has pushed Romsey regardless of conditions, weather or what ever other smoke and mirrors you have in your tiny tool kit. Now you come out and say the only side that can challenge Romsey is Diggers after they have just been beaten by an understrength Rupo on their own dung heap ( figuratively speaking Diggers as your ground is in great nick --and a terrific day on Saturday - Congrats to Chris and his team on a great job!) It may very well be the result come Saturday night but it will not on be based on the illogical dribble you preach on here.

Keston, at least you think Rupo is improving as I think you tipped Romsey by over 10 goals first time around. Your thought process seems to be a little limited my friend. Rupo are the only side that has pushed Romsey regardless of conditions, weather or what ever other smoke and mirrors you have in your tiny tool kit. Now you come out and say the only side that can challenge Romsey is Diggers after they have just been beaten by an understrength Rupo on their own dung heap ( figuratively speaking Diggers as your ground is in great nick --and a terrific day on Saturday - Congrats to Chris and his team on a great job!) It may very well be the result come Saturday night but it will not on be based on the illogical dribble you preach on here.
Dent let's see Saturday night you may be eating humble pie
Still reckon romsey are unbeatable and if anyone does would be a huge upset
As I said reckon on a wet grand final and diggers at full strength may be interesting we all have an opinion
So you believe rupo will beat romsey from what your saying let's see it unfold
As for my thought process have a look at romseys top 28 players and they are injury free that might have somthing to do with my tips
As we all know we all have a opinion !

No one is doubting that Romsey have had an outstanding season to date and congrats to them on being the minor premiers. Just for interest though we have not really seen a lot of them against the top six this year. (agree that their form against them all bar Rupo was pretty devastating) From a quick look at the fixture the only side in the top six that they played twice was Diggers. On the other hand the only side in the top six that Rupo didn't play twice was Romsey.

Dent let's see Saturday night you may be eating humble pie
Still reckon romsey are unbeatable and if anyone does would be a huge upset
As I said reckon on a wet grand final and diggers at full strength may be interesting we all have an opinion
So you believe rupo will beat romsey from what your saying let's see it unfold
As for my thought process have a look at romseys top 28 players and they are injury free that might have somthing to do with my tips
As we all know we all have a opinion !
Now there you go again Keston, mouth in gear, brain in neutral.

Pushed the button too early. Keston I have never predicted a Romsey or Rupo result so not sure about humble pie. Understand you have an intimate knowledge of Romsey's list. Grape vine tells me you have tried to poach most of it. We are looking forward to giving it a real crack on the weekend. No one at Rupo is under any illusions about the task ahead. Now go away you bore me.

So we can't have an opinion and such aggression isn't it funny
As for my brain in neutral then perhaps you got a dent in yours :drunk::drunk::drunk:
Mate chill out

As for poaching half there list now that is laughable
We spoke to 5 players of which two sign and never where staying at romsey
one is no longer a player and the other two we where suggested to aproach
But as you would now you speak to many players to find a few

Why will rupo win it tell us a bit about them
Otherwise have a opinion and let it unfold

Your opinion is that romsey are not over the line fair enough thats your opinion
Mine is I think they are and have a super list put together by Deano and bourkey

Last edited:
Anyone have a answer
Are vfl or tac cup players not in finals allowed to return to there home club to play in finals

Understood they changed the rule allowing players to return and not having to qualify as the games they played at a higher level where counted
I am possibly wrong anyone with a answer ????

Pushed the button too early. Keston I have never predicted a Romsey or Rupo result so not sure about humble pie. Understand you have an intimate knowledge of Romsey's list. Grape vine tells me you have tried to poach most of it. We are looking forward to giving it a real crack on the weekend. No one at Rupo is under any illusions about the task ahead. Now go away you bore me.

No more than anyone else does...and yes he did..haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back