The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what the official stance is, couldn't find anything in the T&S or on the Feedback board, but I would be inclined to avoid flippant use of the word.

I didnt mean for the City game, I just meant in general. For City, neither of Lallana or Markovic will be ready. So Coutinho will probably operate further forward and another midfielders comes in. Probably Allen.

Wasn't Lallana nearly ready to be involved on the weekend? I think he'll at least make the bench V City

What's your view? Is raped worse than killed, murdered, slaughtered or massacred? Should those words and the words I listed previously be banned from being used in a sporting context as well?

The Eagles got killed in the second half on Saturday. We slaughtered Arsenal at Anfield last season.

My personal view is I don't see if as an issue, but I can see how others would be offended by it and especially those who might have been affected by it in their lives.

Bottom line is though if it's banned by the site, then you have to toe the line regardless of your thoughts on the matter.

Wasn't Lallana nearly ready to be involved on the weekend? I think he'll at least make the bench V City

Markovic trained most of last week, sounds like he'll be ready. Lallana is back in training this week but it's unclear whether he'll be ready to play City. I guess they'll assess him at the end of the week.

Why? Is it appropriate to use killed in a sporting context? How about slaughtered, thrashed, drubbed, crushed or decimated? All have violent connotations.
Rape has a particular singular meaning whereas those other words are used far more generally. Its not rocket science.

Saw this posted on RAWK and it resonated with me

"I'm having a bit of a hard time accepting that the only targets the club had in mind to replace Suarez are people who featured on the PL top scoring chart who weren't already at a rival (Lambert, Remy, Bony, Rodriguez) and your bog standard big names (Cavani, Falcao, Benzema, Sanchez) that a) any 12 year old could have listed as "perfect" signings, and b) are wildly unlikely. It just seems a bit.. lazy?"

Hopefully the club is doing better stuff behind the scenes!

Mignolet saved our arses big time in the last half. The balance of the team wasn't right and Koeman exploited that big time. Johnson was particulary woeful in possession, complete black hole going forward and a glorified witches hat in defense.

Saints really kept Sturridge, Sterling and Coutinho quiet with their execellent structure. Ward Prowse and Tadic etc were excellent. They could do well this year.

If you're gonna shoehorn Coutinho at no.10 and rely on him to be the creative outlet then it's easy to stop, Soton crowded him out and we had nothing. Sturridge didn't get any supplies

Last season we had an interchangeable front 3 that popped up everywhere all over the place, on the weekend it was very set and very predictable

I'm increasing worried that we'd get something like Eto'o, which would be sad. We are missing one more attacking player up the field

I just dont' like Coutinho at no.10, he should be played deeper. You're better off playing two strikers or a conventional front 3 unless you have a world class no.10 like Silva or Ozil, end of story

Last edited:
Good analysis of the game.
Very awful defending by Skrtel and Lucas for that goal.

Yeah initially I thought Lucas was to blame for ball watching and not tracking his runner but after seeing that footage, Skrtel definitely could have closed down that obvious danger area a lot sooner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott sinclair? Looks to be available. Whether we have interest or not but would be good depth

Hope BR is working hard on plotting a tactical mastermind formation to beat City. I fancy we will be up for this one and I'd love us to nick a famous win ;) I don't expect BR to bring in Moreno for this match. I think we'll make one change, with Allen/Can coming in for Lucas.

My personal view is I don't see if as an issue, but I can see how others would be offended by it and especially those who might have been affected by it in their lives.

Bottom line is though if it's banned by the site, then you have to toe the line regardless of your thoughts on the matter.

Don't think it's banned, we've had this discussion several times before on the vidya gaems board. Shouldn't be banned either.

BTW for those that haven't heard Teixeira has been loaned out to Brighton. I'm sure Sami Hyppia will look after him well.

Had a decent debut too from the sounds of things, came on in the 2nd half and by all accounts was the best player on the park for either side.
Apparently Sami called Gerrard and asked what Joao was like, Steve was raving about him and that was the reason Hyypia ended up signing him. He's a little bit behind on his development due to those nasty back injuries he was carrying for a while but I've been impressed by him every time I've seen him, hopefully he gets a solid season under his belt because he's one of those who just looks like he'd fit Liverpool like a glove with his style of play and quality on the ball.

I can't find highlights of his debut but the Brighton fans all love him. We should really exploit the Hyypia link and send them a few of our other youngsters so Tex has someone to pass to!
"Very good, made space and wanted the ball, good passing. Only negative is he was the only player we passed to once he came on. (not his fault.)"
"the class of the field when he came on. Will we drag him down to our level or be inspired by him?"
"tidy, skilful and direct. Denied a higher rating by virtue of nobody being available for him to pass to"
"Changed the tempo and looked a threat however looked on a different wavelength from the rest (as he was actually trying to create). Summed up today's team performance when he got on the ball for the first time and started running at them but after seeing no movement or options being created by the other players kind of stopped and shrugged at them in a 'Are you going to make any runs or what?' kind of movement."
"looks great on the ball, the only bright spot."
"MOM 6 looked good on the ball, was the only one who had a clue, always wanted the ball decent debut"
"I seriously see him as very influential in our season if we can get 2/3 quality players in even if loaned then his talents will shine through. I'm sure he will revel in playing at the Amex with more space and time. Within minutes of coming on every Albion player were looking for him to pass to as he showed pace trickery and quality. An excellent signing"
"he one bright spot in an otherwise embarrassing display. This boy can play, has vision, intelligence and not bad execution."
"Came on, looked up whilst dribbling with pace, hit an inch perfect ball to O'Grady's feet and continued moving forward. The only problem was O'Grady knocked it about 20 yards forward as a controlled first touch. Sums it up really."
"Portuguese Tex looked a really good player when he came on yesterday - had his own bit of space which he carried around with him so he always seemed to have time even when being closed down by two or three. I've never been a bed-wetter (odious term, as is the persistant bleating of it by some) but have been - and still am - concerned about the strength of our squad compared to previous seasons.....but Tex's debut was at least a chink of light"
"The only positive today .... Looks class .... Skilful , fast , aware ...."
"He has genuine talent. Comfortably took opponents on and looked to create openings. From a neutral standpoint I would have questioned him coming to us. There were a couple of times he expected to see off the ball movement that didn't materialise, and one occasion when he looked at young Chicksen and raised his hands in exasperation when he didn't see him making an opening for a pass. You can tell he's been training with the best players and coaches around"

'Raped' is a frowned upon word across bigfooty, if you have a problem with it take it up with Chief and co on the suggestions board.
There's so many better descriptors than 'raped' in a sporting context anyway. Doesn't need to be used and any conflict brought up by using it can be avoided by simply thinking for about half a second for a different adjective.

Yeah initially I thought Lucas was to blame for ball watching and not tracking his runner but after seeing that footage, Skrtel definitely could have closed down that obvious danger area a lot sooner.
Yeah and Carragher is right onto it there. He was a great defender, wish he was 10 years younger and playing next to Lovren. You wonder if Sakho comes in and plays on the left with Lovren on the right, would Lovren have come over and closed that space down?

Had a decent debut too from the sounds of things, came on in the 2nd half and by all accounts was the best player on the park for either side.
Apparently Sami called Gerrard and asked what Joao was like, Steve was raving about him and that was the reason Hyypia ended up signing him. He's a little bit behind on his development due to those nasty back injuries he was carrying for a while but I've been impressed by him every time I've seen him, hopefully he gets a solid season under his belt because he's one of those who just looks like he'd fit Liverpool like a glove with his style of play and quality on the ball.

I can't find highlights of his debut but the Brighton fans all love him. We should really exploit the Hyypia link and send them a few of our other youngsters so Tex has someone to pass to!
Geez they loved him! We really should take advantage of Sami being in charge there. Would love to send them maybe Rossiter or Ojo or Dunn or Brannagan. We have a ton of classy kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back