Preview FACE OFF: Round 22 - North Melbourne v Adelaide @ Bellerive Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm most worried about Betts for you guys, will be good for a few goals.
Hopefully LT can fire at the other end for us.
Interested to see who the ground suits more, we did lose to the Eagles and Swans there a couple years back.

Should stretch them for height on a cold & windy day though. 3 tall fwds:thumbsu:. Good for Truck and Thommo coming back in, I hope that they're both fit, even if they are we're going to be damn slow across the ground.
Won't be cold and windy on Saturday unless your definition of cold is 17 and light winds. Cold maybe for someone from Darwin, they'd be wearing 4 layers and a puffer jacket, down here it'll be shorts, singlet and sunscreen.
I'll be in Hobart for a conference (live in Launceston, left Adelaide 8 yrs ago) but sold out so no point skipping lectures....

Making changes just because of swapping a like for like player in terms of position shows a coach with a lack of vision.

It should be about putting performing players on the park.

For instance I would rather see M Crouch play down back than Henderson or L Thompson at the moment. They get a free ride because they supposedly 'defenders'. That term should be used loosely when describing those two, which is ironically a good way to describe how they play on an opponent.

Good footballers can easily be good defenders, unless it is a key position. Even if you put Grigg in instead of Brown, the amount you might defensively is easily made up for by the other things they offer. For instance a left footer like Grigg can provide a release down the line to pinpoint a target to get out out of defensive trouble, whereas the other defenders would need to cut back into trouble to get on their right. These seemingly simple things are never considered.

Won't be cold and windy on Saturday unless your definition of cold is 17 and light winds. Cold maybe for someone from Darwin, they'd be wearing 4 layers and a puffer jacket, down here it'll be shorts, singlet and sunscreen.
I'll be in Hobart for a conference (live in Launceston, left Adelaide 8 yrs ago) but sold out so no point skipping lectures....

Fair enough, although early in the week it was predicted as being a little showery. Of course, being in Alice Springs which is 1500km's south of Darwin, I don't quite get the weather reference. I can assure you we have had need for a few layers of clothing around this neck of the woods during the early morning/evening recently. Naturally, the beaming sunshine (sans wind) and 20 degree days are an absolute pleasure to experience, as are the pure blue skies.

Vince, if you would like a photo of what a clear blue sky looks like that appears to extend forever, let me know and I'll send you a few.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm over it, unless you're one of the 'cool kids' on this board and agree that everything is s**t, then your opinion doesn't matter.

I reckon Kerridge should have replaced Wright, but I think Grigg has been rubbish this year and I'm not sorry to see him back in the SANFL.
Agree that Kerridge should be in for Wright. Grigg has been the disappointment of the year for mine. I would like to think that I am more optimistic than a lot of the peeps on this board.

Grigg has been disappointing this year, not sure why he gets so much love from posters. Matty Crouch is the only stiff player who can't seem to get a look in atm.
Maybe because we've had lots of disappointing players and some of those can't kick who have had more chances than Grigg. Before DMack got injured how was he going? Do you want to ask the club first before you give us their opinion?

I'm over it, unless you're one of the 'cool kids' on this board and agree that everything is s**t, then your opinion doesn't matter.

I reckon Kerridge should have replaced Wright, but I think Grigg has been rubbish this year and I'm not sorry to see him back in the SANFL.
Well stop being a sucky nerd

Maybe because we've had lots of disappointing players and some of those can't kick who have had more chances than Grigg. Before DMack got injured how was he going? Do you want to ask the club first before you give us their opinion?

To be fair he did change the game against the pies at the MCG

Aren't you the one saying Grigg has been s**t? Or is that the negative posters?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back