Offer To Essendon Players

Remove this Banner Ad

Rather than a team where the small individual advantage is multiplied many times over to give a significant team advantage.

I was clearly speaking to the Saad incident.

But even so 1% increases in endurance/strength/any other physical attribute in football players isn't going to have as bigger impact seeing as AFL requires much more thought than running in a straight line or jumping as high as possible.

I was clearly speaking to the Saad incident.

But even so 1% increases in endurance/strength/any other physical attribute in football players isn't going to have as bigger impact seeing as AFL requires much more thought than running in a straight line or jumping as high as possible.

Might be true but they either are allowed to take PEDs or they aren't. I don't think you are arguing they should have been allowed to take them, right?

No what im saying is what ever they took did jack s**t didn't enhance performance.

You can't say that without knowing how they would've performed in 2012 without the PED's. For all we know they might've been about to collapse and fall down the ladder but the PEDs helped them maintain their previous level. We can't know because the alternative scenario never played out.

Serious?

Perhaps you should spend a little time doing some homework on just what PED's are, how, where and when they work, and what benefits they bring. For example, this little combination from the banned runner Dwain Chambers, NONE of which is there to increase endurance/strength/etc per se:

"Chambers, has admitted to using six different substances banned by the sporting authorities. These included two anabolic steroids — a designer drug and a testosterone cream — to accelerate recovery; the hormone erythropoietin (EPO), which increases production of red blood cells, to allow him to do more repetitions in training; human growth hormone for recovery; a thyroid hormone called liothyronine to decrease sluggishness; and a narcolepsy drug called modafinil to increase mental alertness and reaction time."

I'd be rapt with this outcome.
Always thought they squished 3 preseasons into 1 with their program.
This way 2 seasons are taken from them and we're all close to even next year.
Oh, and everyone involved above the players gets the chop, and Jobe hands back Charlie.

Actually Charlie better not be a bargaining chip in this. *Fairest* and best. If Jobe admits, Jobe gives back.

You can't say that without knowing how they would've performed in 2012 without the PED's. For all we know they might've been about to collapse and fall down the ladder but the PEDs helped them maintain their previous level. We can't know because the alternative scenario never played out.

I don't get why people argue about whether or not Essendon benefited from the 2012 substance programming. It has nothing to do with whether or not the players are guilty.

Asada offers 6 months for players who admit to PED use.
Players admit and get hit with a 6 month ban.
Wada comes over the top, appeals the ban and gets 2 years.
Players can't dispute the infractions as they have already admitted to PED use.

Quite brilliant!

Asada offers 6 months for players who admit to PED use.
Players admit and get hit with a 6 month ban.
Wada comes over the top, appeals the ban and gets 2 years.
Players can't dispute the infractions as they have already admitted to PED use.

Quite brilliant!

That's what you call abusing your power the players would of been schooled by their lawyers not to accept any ban.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could easily accept it after the finals, I'm on the fence on this one. Happy to take legal advice and go from there, I trust the players are getting the very best of legal advice.

If I were a player at the moment I'd also want to explore lawyers separate to the other players and that aren't paid by the club

But if it's for the off season what's to stop someone like Crameri or Gumbleton?

If true that's as soft as butter. If true the Bombers would be insane not to take it. It would effectively mean they got away with a slap on the wrist.
It would also mean an admission of guilt though by accepting it, and that has consequences.

Serious?

Perhaps you should spend a little time doing some homework on just what PED's are, how, where and when they work, and what benefits they bring. For example, this little combination from the banned runner Dwain Chambers, NONE of which is there to increase endurance/strength/etc per se:

"Chambers, has admitted to using six different substances banned by the sporting authorities. These included two anabolic steroids — a designer drug and a testosterone cream — to accelerate recovery; the hormone erythropoietin (EPO), which increases production of red blood cells, to allow him to do more repetitions in training; human growth hormone for recovery; a thyroid hormone called liothyronine to decrease sluggishness; and a narcolepsy drug called modafinil to increase mental alertness and reaction time."

I'm not sure what you're getting at. I'm just stating that drugs like what Saad took on game day aren't going to make any noticeable difference to a sport like AFL should be punished differently.

No they wouldn't. It's supposedly on the table until Middleton signs off on the verdict, which is expected before the finals begin.
Gee that would be funny, they could get bumped from finals 2 years in a row, after having enough points to qualify on both occasions.

It could also be the difference between Ninthmond and Eighthmond.

If I were a player at the moment I'd also want to explore lawyers separate to the other players and that aren't paid by the club

But if it's for the off season what's to stop someone like Crameri or Gumbleton?

I'm sure the lawyers are more than fine, these are highly credentialed people. However the more legal advice the better I agree on that one.

I'm not sure what you're getting at. I'm just stating that drugs like what Saad took on game day aren't going to make any noticeable difference to a sport like AFL should be punished differently.

Give Jack Watts enough of what Saad took on Gameday and he'll play like Ron Barassi......ok, bad example.:). Jack is unfixable.

But you get the point.

Gee that would be funny, they could get bumped from finals 2 years in a row, after having enough points to qualify on both occasions.

It could also be the difference between Ninthmond and Eighthmond.

I'd rather Norf;) get to pump Essendon in the Final. That would hurt their superiority complex more lol

Evans:

"Due to the sanctions handed down to the Essendon Football Club, they are now excluded from the 2014 finals series and will be relegated to 9th. As a result, the Richmond Football Club will now be elevated to 8th"

r0_153_3000_1846_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

"However, in this instance, the AFL has decided that the 2014 Finals Series will be contested between the top 7 teams"

85038f07f88387942708adff41de677c.jpg

Could easily accept it after the finals, I'm on the fence on this one. Happy to take legal advice and go from there, I trust the players are getting the very best of legal advice.

Except the part where the offer wont still be on the table after the finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back